Imagine you’ve just spent the last three weeks recruiting and interviewing a promising new candidate for a crucial role on your team. In the past, they would likely have spent their first week (if not more) filling out paperwork. Then that information would then be manually copied into various systems and stored away in metal filing cabinets behind lock and key. With Infor Lawson Global Human Resources (GHR), that process is greatly simplified, and there’s a single record of data.
Instead of spending days filling out paperwork, the workforce data you’ve collected during the recruiting and interview process is automatically populated into their new employee HR record when you make the decision to bring them onboard. If there is still workforce data needed, the employees can enter it themselves via a highly flexible web-based self-service system. As tasks are completed, updates are automatically triggered in any other cloud-based Infor HCM solutions.
Featured Products: Global Human Resources
Infor Lawson GHR’s absence management solution helps businesses with managing time-off programs and automates complex processes. This is done in order for enhanced efficiency as well as reduced overhead to comply with regulations and to drastically improve user-experience interactions between managers and employees.
- Provide a mobile solution for user interactions
- Monitors and updates user eligibility changes
- Supports complex requirements
- Utilizes a flexible time off calendar that supports automatic approval
The benefits management solution can provide businesses with the ability to offer health, medical, disability, insurance, retirement, and investment programs to their employees, retirees, and any other participants. It is also able to manage plan rules, as well as annual, fiscal, and ongoing enrollment events via standalone and flex plan structures.
- Leverages eligibility monitoring and talent management for users
- Monitors compliance and vendor reporting
- Helps manage organization payroll-ready transactions
- Single location for employee self-service benefits information
Compensation management provides the necessary tools to perform planning and awarding budgets for salaries and bonuses. Performance and compensation data are automatically combined to support pay performance practices. Incentive programs can use goal achievement and be combined with the awarding process or administered separately.
- Leverages in-line analytical reporting
- Automates pay plans and awards for employees
- Manages salary structures and grades user step progressions
- Drives pay for performance programs
Infor GHR as the Core Human Resources System of Record
Infor GHR was introduced over a decade ago as part of the Human Capital Management suite and has since come to play an increasingly important role. Global Human Resources serves as a central repository for data, serving as the core human resources system of record. Landmark technology architectures allow for easier interoperability and keep important data seamlessly synced between tools, allowing you to maximize functionality and efficiency. That means important human resources data is available when you need it, allowing you to make smarter decisions about your most important resource: your people.
No more duplicate data entry. No more painful paperwork. Less room for human error. All with the value of the cloud.
Talent Management Features
According to Infor, there are six key information types Global Human Resources tracks (as well as a few secondary data types it can also manage):
- Person System of Record: Stores and automates personnel actions and record-keeping in a single location.
- Benefits: Projects costs and handles benefit administration.
- Lawson Time Entry and Data Management: Sets up and maintains different types of leave, including custom plans by assignment, role, or location.
- Employee/Manager Self Service: Allow managers and employees access to update and process your personal data directly to reduce demand on your human resources team.
- Position Budget Management: Manages staffing costs by monitoring actual versus budgeted employee or applicant changes.
- Occupational Health, Employee Safety, Employee Relations: Helps implement and manage programs in each of these core areas to reduce exposure and limit unwanted legal challenges.
In addition to these benefits of Global Human Resources, the core system can store data on reporting structure, supervisory structure, competency framework, and more. It also boasts flexibility to configure forms, workflows, and usability to meet a wide variety of industry and regional needs. Value-add human resources modules extend core capabilities to perform onboarding, cross-boarding, off-boarding, employee relations, and employee safety functions.
Infor Innovations in a Single Location
Many of these features have been added gradually over time as new upgrades have been released. If you implemented Infor Lawson a few versions ago, some of this functionality will be new to you. In fact, many clients don’t realize the new functionalities available in GHR until they decide to upgrade Lawson Talent Management (LTM). Upgrading GHR is required before you can move to the latest version of LTM—at which point you may be pleasantly surprised by the new options and sleek user experience powered by Infor.
In addition to the features mentioned above, the latest version comes packed with changes to make the system more user-friendly and available for industry-specific needs. Out of the box, the comprehensive suite includes new reporting features, snapshots of what the system looked like on specific dates in the past or is forecasted to look like in the future, an employee relations manager, and more.
Infor Lawson GHR: Tying it All Together
The most important thing to consider when implementing or upgrading GHR is the symbiotic relationship that it has with other Infor Lawson applications. Keep in mind that the fields and personal data provided in Infor Lawson GHR will affect the data that flows into other apps. Infor will process that data through each solution—Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Goal Management, Compensation Management, Succession Management, and Development Planning.
Interested in diving deeper into what LTM could do for you and its featured products? Check out our LTM white paper: How to Leverage Lawson Talent Management (LTM) here.
Partner with Industry Experts at Surety Systems
One of the most vital things you can do when it comes to successfully implementing Global Human Resources is to bring in someone who knows what they’re doing. Our Infor Lawson consultants have been working with this technology for years, and during that time, they’ve seen the technology dramatically change while managing countless implementations.
As Infor experts, they can share best practices, steer you away from problems, and help you get the value of the cloud. They can also advise you on featured products and how your organization can make the most of them. They have the technical expertise to enable organizations to upgrade their business processes to get the most out of their Infor Global HR solutions. Our managed services target industry-specific customer needs. From process manufacturing industries to service industries and discrete manufacturing industries (and any industry in between), our consulting services can help with transition management.
If you’re a potential or existing customer of Infor requiring help with the planning, documentation, or backfilling your staff, we have the consulting services you need to unlock added value. And, to help give you a better idea of the kinds of consultants we have on our senior level Infor Lawson team, we’ve included a sample profile of one of our top Infor GHR consultants.
Surety Senior Infor Global HR Consultant:
- 17+ years of Lawson Consulting (HCM)
- Multiple upgrades and implementations (both S3 and GHR)
- Strong with all S3 modules and strong with GHR core, BN, Absence & Comp
- Prior Talent Mgmt/Talent Acquisition and Payroll Processing experience
- Heavy experience with upgrades, testing, data validation, and go-live support
Ready to unlock the value of Global Human Resources? Contact us today to get started.