Imagine you’ve just spent the last three weeks recruiting and interviewing a promising new candidate for a crucial role on your team.
In the past, they would likely have spent their first week (if not more) filling out paperwork. That information would then be manually copied into various systems and stored in metal filing cabinets behind lock and key. With Infor Lawson Global Human Resources (GHR), that process is greatly simplified, with a single data record.
Instead of spending days filling out paperwork, the workforce data you’ve collected during the recruiting and interview process is automatically populated into their new employee HR record when you decide to bring them on board.
If workforce data is still needed, the employees can enter it themselves via a highly flexible web-based self-service system. As tasks are completed, updates are automatically triggered in any other cloud-based Infor HCM solutions.
Featured Products: Global Human Resources
Here are a few critical products included in Infor’s global human capital management suite:
Infor Lawson GHR’s absence management solution helps businesses manage time-off programs and automates complex processes. This is done in order to enhance efficiency as well as reduce overhead to comply with regulations and to improve user-experience interactions between managers and employees drastically.
- Provide a mobile solution for HR Payroll interactions
- Monitor and update user eligibility changes through intelligent software solutions
- Advanced time tracking features to support specific requirements
- Utilizes a flexible time off calendar that supports automatic approval
The benefits management solution can provide businesses with the ability to offer health, medical, disability, insurance, retirement, and investment programs to their employees, retirees, and any other participants. It can also manage plan rules and annual, fiscal, and ongoing enrollment events via standalone and flex plan structures.
- Leverages eligibility monitoring and talent management for users
- Monitors compliance and vendor reporting
- Helps manage organization payroll-ready transactions
- Single location for employee self-service benefits information
Compensation management provides the necessary tools to plan and award budgets for salaries and bonuses. Performance and compensation data are automatically combined to support pay performance practices. Incentive programs can use goal achievement combined with the awarding process or administered separately.
- Leverages in-line analytical reporting
- Automates pay plans and awards for employees
- Manages salary structures and grades user step progressions
- Drives pay for performance programs
Infor GHR as the Core Human Resources System of Record
Infor GHR was introduced over a decade ago as part of the Human Capital Management suite and has since become increasingly important. Global Human Resources serves as a central data repository, the core HR system of record.
Landmark technology architectures allow for easier interoperability and keep essential data seamlessly synced between tools, allowing you to maximize functionality and efficiency. That means critical human resources data is available when needed, allowing you to make smarter decisions about your most important resource: your people.
No more duplicate data entry. No more painful paperwork. Less room for human error. All with the value of the cloud.
Talent Management Features
According to Infor, there are six key information types the Infor Global HR platform tracks (as well as a few secondary data types it can also manage):
- Person System of Record: Stores and automates personnel actions and record-keeping in a single location.
- Benefits: Projects costs and handles benefit administration.
- Lawson Time Entry and Data Management: Sets up and maintains different types of leave, including custom plans by assignment, role, or location.
- Employee/Manager Self-Service: Allow managers and employees access to update and process your personal data directly to reduce demand on your human resources team.
- Position Budget Management: Manages staffing costs by monitoring actual versus budgeted employee or applicant changes.
- Occupational Health, Employee Safety, Employee Relations: Helps implement and manage programs in these core areas to reduce exposure and limit unwanted legal challenges.
In addition to these benefits of Global Human Resources, the core system can store data on reporting structure, supervisory structure, competency framework, and more, in a single location.
It also boasts the flexibility to configure forms, workflows, and usability to meet various industry and regional needs and optimize workforce management initiatives across teams. Value-add human resources modules extend core capabilities to perform onboarding, cross-boarding, off-boarding, employee relations, and employee safety functions.
Infor Innovations in a Single Location
Many of these key capabilities and features have been added gradually as new upgrades have been released. If you implemented Infor Lawson a few versions ago, some of this functionality will be new.
Many clients don’t realize the new functionalities available in GHR until they decide to upgrade Lawson Talent Management (LTM). Upgrading Infor Global HR is required before you can move to the latest version of LTM—at this point, you may be pleasantly surprised by the new options and sleek user experience powered by Infor.
In addition to the features mentioned above, the latest version comes packed with changes to make the system more user-friendly and available for industry-specific needs. Out of the box, the comprehensive suite includes new reporting features, snapshots of what the design looked like on specific dates in the past or is forecasted to look like in the future, an employee relations manager, and more.
Infor Lawson GHR: Tying it All Together
The most important thing to consider when implementing or upgrading GHR is its symbiotic relationship with other Infor Lawson applications. Remember that the fields and personal data provided in Infor Lawson GHR will affect the data that flows into other apps.
Infor will process that data through each solution—Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Goal Management, Compensation Management, Succession Management, and Development Planning.
Interested in diving deeper into what LTM could do for you and its featured products? Check out our LTM white paper: How to Leverage Lawson Talent Management (LTM) here.
Partner with Industry Experts at Surety Systems
One of the most vital things you can do when successfully implementing Global Human Resources is to bring in someone who knows what they’re doing. Our Infor Lawson consultants have been working with this technology for years, and during that time, they’ve seen the technology dramatically change while managing countless implementations.
As Infor experts, they can share best practices, steer you away from problems, and help you get the value of the cloud. They can also advise you on featured products and how your organization can make the most of them. They have the technical expertise to enable organizations to upgrade their business processes to get the most out of their Infor Global HR solutions.
Our consulting services transcend traditional managed services and target industry-specific customer needs. From process manufacturing industries to service industries, discrete manufacturing industries, and any industry in between, our consulting services can help with transition management.
If you’re a potential or existing customer of Infor requiring help with the planning, documentation, or backfilling of your staff, we have the consulting services you need to unlock added value. And, to help give you a better idea of the kinds of consultants we have on our senior-level Infor Lawson consultant team, we’ve included a sample profile of one of our top Infor GHR consultants.
Surety Senior Infor Global HR Consultant:
- 17+ years of Lawson Consulting (HCM)
- Multiple upgrades and implementations (both S3 and GHR)
- Strong with all S3 modules and strong with GHR core, BN, Absence & Comp
- Prior Talent Mgmt/Talent Acquisition and Payroll Processing experience
- Heavy experience with upgrades, testing, data validation, and go-live support
Ready to unlock the value of Global Human Resources? Contact us today to get started.