Have you ever wondered what it would be like if there was a business solution that offered a full suite of customizable modules that solve business challenges and improve the productivity of your company as a whole?
Well, luckily for you, there is. A full suite of Microsoft Dynamics 365 modules.
Dynamics 365 provides a multitude of different modules to reduce operational costs, enhance employee productivity, and improve customer satisfaction, including…
- Business Central
- Finance & Operations (F&O)
- Project Service Automation
- Supply Chain Management
- Field Service
- Human Resources
- and more!
Read on to learn more about each module and how Dynamics 365 can help your company reach its full potential.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Overview
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a cloud-based solution that offers innovative tools to help companies improve and optimize their enterprise operations. The tools help connect customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions in one place, eliminating the need for multiple siloed systems.
The Dynamics 365 solution offers easy-to-use applications, customizable features, and built-in integration capabilities to enhance customer engagement and improve overall employee and system productivity.
Key Microsoft Dynamics 365 Modules
The Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution offers many different applications that simplify business processes, integrate previously disconnected systems and functions, optimize productivity and engagement, and improve sales performance.
Here are a few key modules included in the Dynamics 365 Suite:
Dynamics 365 Business Central (formerly known as Microsoft Dynamics NAV) is an all-inclusive enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution that provides flexible tools to help users meet their enterprise needs and optimize overall business operations.
Business Central offers tools that help users connect all areas of their enterprise in one place, including Supply Chain Management, Financial Management, and more. This module not only streamlines business processes, but it also reduces operational costs by allowing users to automate tasks and manage data through a single interface.
The Business Central module allows users to:
- Define employee roles and permissions within the system
- Optimize supply chain processes to increase sales
- Reduce and control costs across the organization
- Access and manage data from anywhere with cloud technology
- Integrate business solutions for improved efficiency and productivity
If you’ve ever worked for or been involved with a company that has a sales model, you know that marketing is a major contributor in turning prospects into clients or customers by finding and managing sales leads that go beyond the usual constraints of traditional marketing campaigns.
The Dynamics 365 Marketing module gives users more (and better) opportunities to connect their sales and marketing functions, use data to make sound decisions, automate marketing efforts, and maximize their return on investment (ROI).
Here are a few of the module’s main functions:
- Generate more sales leads with ad personalization
- Create landing pages and contact forms
- Use LinkedIn to find new leads
- Define and track lead progress through automated hand-off and sharing of information
- Launch campaigns that use multiple media channels
- Assess marketing performance through embedded data and analytics
The Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales module gives users the functionality they need to build and manage a cohesive sales process that makes it easier for teams to secure sales. Whether your company follows at B2B or B2C model, Dynamics 365 Sales empowers sales teams and enables them to make smarter decisions, focus on lead engagement, and use customer relationship management strategies to attract and retain new (and existing) customers.
With the Sales module, users can:
- Use AI-driven and embedded insights to make smarter sales decisions
- Generate better sales performance with improved seller productivity
- Build stronger relationships with customers through personalized engagement
- Improve overall sales performance
Customer Service Management
The Customer Service Dynamics 365 module is made with the intention of monitoring and managing “after-sales service” practices. The module not only gives customers a more personalized customer service experience (thus, improving overall customer satisfaction), but it also connects agents to subject-matter experts to ensure that customer requests are handled efficiently and uniformly across the board.
Here are a few main capabilities of the Customer Service solution:
- Simplify agent decision-making with more intelligent processes
- Engage with customers anytime, anywhere, and on any device
- Reduce costs by using improved data visibility to make smarter decisions
- Enhance innovation through seamless integration with other systems and applications
Finance and Operations
Finance and Operations applications are built on the Microsoft Azure platform, and they act as Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions throughout customer enterprise resource planning systems.
Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations provides an end-to-end ERP solution for customers, connecting finance and business operations across multiple areas of an enterprise, including supply chain, manufacturing, inventory, and transportation management.
The interconnected, intuitive interface allows users to:
- Access the system from any device or location
- Improve efficiency by integrating other Microsoft business applications
- Use intelligence tools (i.e., Power BI) to improve employee productivity
- Optimize product and service offerings by using improved system visibility
- Increase customer satisfaction through more personalized engagement opportunities
Project Service Automation
For many companies, projects (and project management processes) lie at the heart of all business functions. But, without technology that allows customers that use resources wisely, control project delivery timelines effectively, automate processes, and use business insights to increase project productivity and profitability, project management teams would suffer.
The Dynamics 365 Project Automation module allows teams to:
- Optimize utilization of resources
- Increase project profitability with streamlined project financials
- Track time and expense management more efficiently
- Use embedded Microsoft Project functions to enhance project management
- Improve accuracy of project quotes, forecasts, and estimation
The Dynamics 365 Field Service module simplifies technician management and distribution, making it easier for teams to improve service delivery and increase customer satisfaction. This module uses built-in tools to keep customer information in a central location, open and maintain new customer communication channels, proactively resolve issues within the system, and deliver better onsite experiences for customers.
This module gives your Field Service team the opportunity to:
- Use the Internet of Things (IoT) to increase operational efficiency
- Automate technician scheduling processes to improve accuracy and timeliness
- Provide customer self-service portals, technician tracking, and updates to improve the overall customer experience
- Use improved visibility to proactively detect, troubleshoot, and solve customer issues
- Manage terms and conditions of contracts and service agreements between customers and technicians
Supply Chain Management
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management offers support for every step of the product lifecycle, including product order creation, product manufacturing, and end product distribution.
The Supply Chain Management module ensures that each step of the process is completed correctly, and it keeps teams up-to-date with production statuses throughout the manufacturing process.
The module enables users to:
- Design and deliver products in an accurate and timely manner
- Use AI tools to predict customer demand and make better inventory decisions
- Streamline procurement and manufacturing management processes
- Link vendor catalogs and collaboration portals to improve cost management
- Use IoT to build and maintain efficient manufacturing processes
- Conduct proactive equipment maintenance to reduce downtime
- Automate cycle counts to improve inventory management
Employees are the key to success for any company, so having an accurate, reliable system that provides HR and personnel management teams the tools needed to attract, hire, develop, and retain the best talent for the job.
The Dynamics 365 Human Resources module offers a variety of different tools and capabilities to help employees and managers track HR data more efficiently and streamline Employee and Human Capital Management (HCM) processes.
The HR module enables users to:
- Use Office 365 and LinkedIn to find new employees
- Seamlessly integrate platforms and applications to optimize the productivity of your HCM and employee management software
- Set up and maintain payroll records and transactions through the Dynamics 365 Payroll module (included in Dynamics 365 for Talent)
- Monitor employee management processes (i.e. payroll, scheduling, training, etc.)
- Keep employee data safe and secure in one place
- Access information and insights through the employee portal
The Dynamics 365 Commerce module is made for retail companies, and it helps personalize customer experiences, improve employee productivity, and connect back office and in-store operations. This module helps deliver a more unified, personalized buying and selling experience for distributors, partners, and customers.
Commerce gives users the opportunity to:
- Build brand loyalty through consistent products and engagement
- Engage with customers anytime, anywhere through on and offline communication channels
- Build and maintain a digital commerce platform
- Use streamlined back office operations to enhance retail commerce experiences
- Enable AI capabilities to optimize retail operations and increase ROI
Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics
Interested in learning more about the Microsoft Dynamics 365 enterprise software and what it can do for you? Click here to check out our latest Dynamics article, “What is Dynamics 365? Overview and Key Advantages” to gain some insight on the solution and a few of its key advantages for businesses like you.
Do you know you need Dynamics help, but don’t know where to begin? Our consultants have the right skills and experience needed to lead your team to success. Or maybe you’re thinking of getting started with the Microsoft Power Platform, but don’t know which modules to implement to fit your needs? Our consultants have you covered there too.
Regardless of if you’re brand new to Microsoft or you’ve been involved with the software for years, Surety Systems has the right consultants to help.
How Can We Help?
Whether you need help implementing a full suite of Microsoft Dynamics 365 modules or just need an extra hand navigating the key integrations, our team of senior-level MS D365 consultants is here to help.
Contact us today to learn more or get connected with one of our consultants.