In the ever-evolving retail landscape, businesses constantly seek innovative solutions to stay competitive, personalize customer engagement, streamline operations, and deliver excellent customer experiences across traditional and emerging channels.
Dynamics 365 Commerce allows users to provide customers with the option to buy how, when, and wherever they want on any device. By enabling customers to engage in cross-channel communication and buying experiences, Dynamics 365 Commerce may be the digital commerce solution for your organization.
Read on to learn more about Dynamics 365 Commerce and where our senior Dynamics consultants can fit in your organization.
What is Dynamics 365 Commerce?
Dynamics 365 Commerce provides a complete omni-channel solution that unifies back-office, in-store, and digital experiences to optimize business operations, personalize customer engagement, and deliver better outcomes. Call center employees can use this Dynamics 365 solution to provide commerce-related workflows and improve productivity.
With the Dynamics 365 Commerce solution, users can:
- Link online and physical stores
- Create a unified website
- Track and analyze customer behaviors and needs
- Enhance operational and resource management
- Personalize employee and customer experiences
- Interact with customers across channels
- Gain comprehensive insights into business operations
Benefits of Dynamics 365 Commerce
Here are some of the main benefits Dynamics 365 Commerce has to offer:
Internally Connected Business Processes
With Dynamics 365 Commerce, users can leverage a comprehensive set of integrated business processes shared across multiple Dynamics 365 business applications, including Dynamics 365 Finance, Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, and more. Each platform provides back-office functionalities based on the same web interface and data repositories.
The Dynamics Commerce solution provides comprehensive visibility into core business and pre-built integrations to ensure efficient business operations and reduce the need for custom integrations across applications and services. Integration in the Commerce solution broadens the scope of these connected business operations throughout the back office and commerce channels.
All-Inclusive Headless E-Commerce Platform
The Commerce Scale Unit hosts this platform, which drives a complete omnichannel experience across physical and digital stores. Because of its portable architecture and centralized business logic, the Commerce Scale Unit offers a wide range of hosting choices for edge, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures.
All native Dynamics 365 Commerce channels, including in-store and online sales, are powered by the headless commerce engine. Additionally, it acts as the integration point for all third-party platforms and channel solutions.
Interactions with other commerce-related services offered by Microsoft and independent software suppliers (ISVs) make it easier for companies to centralize logic and improve connectivity across the board.
Leverage AI and Analytics
Data Lake Storage provides a single source of truth for an organization’s most critical business data, and it leverages machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI), and advanced analytics capabilities to ensure data is accessible, consistent, and unified across all teams and systems.
With improved data storage and visibility, companies can gain better insights into key performance indicators (KPIs) and automate essential business operations across all channels.
Integrating with Microsoft Dataverse and Azure Data Lake Storage, Dynamics 365 Commerce offers a single data solution for all critical commerce information and sales data.
The Microsoft Dataverse supports integrations and data sharing between Dynamics 365 apps, including Dynamics 365 Sales and Dynamics 365 Marketing. And, various connectors exist to support analytics and insight scenarios with data from Azure Data Lake Storage.
6 Reasons to Consider Microsoft Dynamics 365 Commerce for Your Business Needs
Here are some key features to consider when choosing the right commerce platform for your unique needs:
1. Easily Build and Customize Your eCommerce Site:
The Store Starter Kit (SSK) from Dynamics 365 Retail and Commerce comes with embedded web-authoring and development tools that can be used to customize eCommerce sites. Users can modify and scale up their sites with enhanced web functionality to meet ever-changing business needs and requirements.
The following modules come pre-built in the SSK:
- Container – Hosts all connected modules.
- Marketing – Contains the tools needed to display data and other enterprise content, including Carousel and Video functionality.
- Product detail page – Includes Quick View and Cart Addition, Product Specifications, and Ratings and Reviews features.
- Search – Provides an easy way for customers to tailor searches and find products on your site.
- Purchase – Contains ‘Add to Cart, Checkout, and Order Confirmation’ modules to assist in the purchasing journey.
- Recommendations: Enhances product promotion and placement through advanced editorial and algorithmic capabilities.
- Buy online pick up in-store – Connects online and physical stores and inventories to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the buying journey.
- Account Management – Includes ‘Sign-up, Sign-in, Order History, and Order Details’ modules.
- Header and Footer – Provides fully customizable Headers and Footers for webpages.
2. Comprehensive Insights and Boost Sales
Once users get involved in the Microsoft ecosystem, they can leverage various apps, services, and AI-based features from the MS Dynamics 365 suite to drive personalized and seamless business operations and increase employee productivity.
With a connected Microsoft Dynamics landscape, users can:
- Learn crucial information about clients and client services
- Store assets and inventory in a centralized location
- Manage pricing data and other financial information
- Conduct sales and marketing campaign analysis
- Provide reliable fraud protection for sensitive business data
- Access the Dynamics 365 Connected Store to connect physical stores and online shops
3. Improve the Customer Experience
With pre-built connections between Dynamics 365 Commerce and Dynamics 365 CRM, companies can better track customer behavior, improve relationship management for new and existing customers, and maintain more robust customer loyalty programs.
This way, companies can provide customer support, encourage better participation, modify critical marketing strategies, increase leads, and proactively address problems like cart abandonment and one-time purchasing.
4. Easily Scale Up
Because the platform is built on the Cloud, companies won’t have to worry about having enough room for data storage or buying additional hardware or software when they want to expand existing processes or add new features. Microsoft also frequently releases new software updates and data security features to ensure users have the tools to operate smoothly and maintain customer satisfaction.
5. Quick Access to Your Data
Like the full Dynamics suite, Dynamics 365 Commerce is cloud-based and centralized on one database, allowing users to access data or customer insights in real-time with only one login.
Trusted Brand for Enterprise Resource Planning Software
Most businesses are already part of the Microsoft ecosystem, making implementing new applications or creating new integrations as needed easier.
How We Can Help
Whether you’re looking to implement Microsoft’s comprehensive digital commerce solution to improve your E-commerce efforts, interested in creating customized plans to provide optimal shopping experiences, or just getting started on your journey with Dynamics 365, Surety Systems can help.
Our senior-level Microsoft Dynamics consultants have the skills and experience to help you implement any Microsoft Dynamics solution seamlessly and successfully. Even better, we provide post-implementation support services to ensure your solutions operate as expected and your business needs are met over time.
Are you interested in learning more about Dynamics 365 Commerce and where our senior-level Dynamics 365 consultants can come in to help?
Contact us today!