Navigating complex medical software while also trying to stay on top of day-to-day administrative tasks, patient needs, and overall quality of the care continuum can be quite a challenge without the right resources.
Fortunately, this is where health IT consulting firms come in. Read on to learn how they can help optimize your organizational operations while also improving patient, provider, and staff member engagement and satisfaction.
What is a Healthcare IT Consultant?
Healthcare IT consultants help healthcare companies, organizations, systems, and providers optimize their business operations and improve overall system and employee productivity by guiding them through complex implementation, integration, or upgrade processes.
Healthcare consultants are experts in many technical and functional areas, including technology implementation projects, cloud-based upgrades, regulatory and compliance requirements, and human capital management.
Health IT consultants can help your organization…
- Implement or upgrade digital health software (i.e., Epic, HL7, UKG, etc.)
- Integrate healthcare software with other applications and systems (i.e., CRM, medical imaging, Internet of Things)
- Maintain compliance with HIPPA and other regulatory guidelines
- Manage the configuration of mobile apps for patients, providers, and other employees
- Implement, manage, and monitor electronic health and medical records throughout the organization (EHR/EMR)
How Can Healthcare Consulting Firms Help?
When it comes to managing day-to-day operations, improving employee engagement and productivity, and providing the highest quality of patient care possible, the help of a healthcare management consulting firm can make a difference.
Here are a few of the main ways top healthcare consulting firms (like Surety Systems) can help your organization:
- Healthcare Software Development and Optimization: Consultants can help withhealthcare software architecture design (and upgrade), solution optimization, leveraging enhanced features and new functionality to keep up in the industry, improvement in security and compliance, and more.
- Cloud-Based Migration: Health IT consultants can provide the resources your team needs to select the best HIPPA-compliant software for your needs, plan your data migration strategy, and optimize migration processes within the cloud to enhance functionality and reduce costs.
- Software Integration: Whether your organization operates on multiple different ERP, CRM or other clinical, patient, or IoT software, health IT consulting firms can help. Their services cover everything from EHR integration to medical imaging software, patient portals, telehealth apps, and more.
- Compliance Assessment and Strategy: Ensuring that all organizational operations follow HIPPA compliance rules is essential in any healthcare organization. Healthcare IT consultants can help by testing security frameworks to ensure proper functions, monitor compliance safeguards, and provide vulnerability correction measures to keep your organization safe, secure, and compliant — no matter what.
Main Advantages of Healthcare Consulting Services
Workflow automation: From their first day on project with you, healthcare consultants will be able to understand your current operations and workflows and begin finding new ways to optimize them to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
Workflow automation for healthcare organizations can involve replacing manual processes with functional workflows, creating standard training programs to keep everyone on the same page, improving methods of communication between employees, or building a new corporate strategy to optimize day-to-day processes within your organization. Whatever workflow automation looks like for your organization, health IT consultants can help.
Collaboration and communication: Without the right kind of communication between employees, teams, and systems, even the best healthcare software can’t reach its full potential in your organization. Healthcare consultants understand that open lines of communication and proper training from the start are key to an organization’s success, and they are here to help your team optimize the efficiency of your entire organization and maximize your technology investment.
Health IT consultants are responsible for assessing the current condition of your organization and its systems, finding key areas of improvement, and outline technical improvements and workflow processes to not only address employee concerns and questions, but also promote better communication between staff members.
Patient care improvement: Instead of placing the burden of fixing issues with technological systems and automated workflows on healthcare providers and other staff members, healthcare consultants not only release this burden, but they also find the best possible solution to the problem at hand.
Healthcare consultants allow employees to focus more on doing their jobs and provide the support needed to balance clinical, technical, and back office operations throughout the organization.
Improved productivity: Healthcare consultants can help you identify areas of improvement, conduct audits on your current operations, develop innovative solutions, and train employees to ensure everyone is on the same page when it comes to change management practices.
Whether their work involves simply updating channels of communication between employees, finding new ways to maximize the productivity of your healthcare software system, or getting down to the nitty gritty issues that might be hindering your operational efficiency, health IT consultants have the skills, experience, and resources you need to make a difference in your organization.
The Surety Systems Difference
Surety Systems provides personalized consulting services that involve no bull, no bias, and no breadcrumbs. Our team of senior-level consultants understands that your team has already made a technological investment, so we’re just here to make the solution work for your employees and your healthcare organization.
Our team specializes in Epic, HL7, UKG, Workday, and Infor Lawson healthcare technology and is here to help you empower your internal teams and maximize the efficiency of your chosen technology. And, by working with one of the best healthcare consulting firms, your team is sure to find success in any software implementation, integration, or upgrade project and prepare for continued success in the future.
Unlike other consulting firms who offshore their consultants, giving you a less-than-personalized experience, our team of health IT consultants at Surety Systems is based in the United States. Regardless of the size, location, or specialty of your organization, we have the consultants you need to get the job done without being a part of an impersonal multinational professional services network. We understand that your work hits close to home, so we make sure ours does too.
Our team of healthcare consultants is unbiased, meaning that they keep your needs above their own no matter what. You can trust that our consultants won’t lead you astray or try to push you to get unnecessary software or tools simply for their own good. We keep it pretty simple at Surety Systems: Your organization. Your needs. Our expertise.
Senior-Level Consulting Firm
Our senior-level consultants have extensive experience in healthcare organizations of many different sizes, locations, and organizational structures, and their skills are guaranteed to meet your needs, no matter how simple or complex they may be. They understand the ins and outs of healthcare software and know just what it takes to lead your team to and through a successful implementation, integration, or upgrade.
Whether you need an EHR implementation expert, someone with 10+ years of experience in the healthcare industry, a software optimization guru, or anything in between, our consultants are sure to fit the bill. Surety Systems is dedicated to finding a consultant who will meet your organizational needs, lead you through the entire project, and help you get the most out of your software investment.
Our Areas of Technological Expertise
Whether your organization specializes in medical devices, clinical advisory services, health plans, or any other kinds of healthcare services, our consultants have the technological expertise you need. That way, whether you’re implementing a new Epic EHR system, switching from Lawson to Workday, or building key HL7 integrations, your needs are covered and your organization can operate with maximum efficiency.
The top healthcare technologies we work with are…
Infor is a leading provider of functional, industry-specific enterprise resource planning (ERP) technology that helps organizations improve their human capital management (HCM) processes, leverage technology to improve overall business strategy, and improve the quality of patient care. Infor offers a few main cloud-based ERP products, including Infor M3, Infor S3 Global HR, and CloudSuite to help improve operational efficiency for your organization.
Infor technology can enable you to:
- Integrate your electronic health records with your ERP system to improve the quality of patient care
- Improve employee engagement and satisfaction through self-service scheduling, patients assignment, and other mobile-enabled tools
- Increase return on investment (ROI) by leveraging integrated supply chain management and costing processes
- Leverage automated workflows and streamlined operations to enhance patient and employee experiences
Epic Software is a cloud-based electronic health record (EHR) solution that offers features and capabilities for healthcare organizations across a wide range of practice specialties, including large hospital systems, independent practices, and other niche organizations throughout the healthcare industry. Epic is made to improve the efficiency of day-to-day operations and the quality of patient care through its core reporting, data analysis, workflow management, and medical record management functionality.
Epic gives you the opportunity to:
- Manage patient history, appointments, and records through an easy-to-use patient portal
- Eliminate manual processes through clinical workflow automation
- Use EHR technology and maintain data security and integrity to maintain federal law compliance
- Leverage specialty-dependent modules (like Beacon, Cupid, and Stork) to build customized solutions to fit patient and provider needs
Health Level Seven (HL7) is a set of international standards that provides a reliable framework for the exchange, integration, and retrieval of electronic health data. HL7 provides a common language across healthcare organizations, making it easier to transfer data across EHRs without the risk for error or misinterpretation.
HL7 enables users in the healthcare industry to:
- Maximize their EHR investment by leveraging interoperability standards and frameworks
- Improve data visibility and sharing capabilities
- Enhance quality of care by integrating systems and connecting providers, staff, and patients more effectively
- Reduce risk for error and unnecessary costs with HL7 standardization
- Streamline data pathways between patients and providers, improving clinical efficiency and speed of care
While UKG offers a multitude of solutions for organizations in many different industries, its functionality remains the same across the board. UKG for healthcare provides a comprehensive solution to not only engage and empower your workforce to improve their own productivity, but also improve the quality and cost effectiveness of patient care.
With UKG, healthcare providers can:
- Improve the quality of care by replacing time-consuming manual tasks with automated processes and best-fit schedules for staff members
- Use enhanced visibility to improve payroll accuracy and control overall labor costs
- Give employees greater control over their own experience (i.e., personalized scheduling, mobile app access, self-service options, etc.)
- Manage by exception to maintain compliance and follow labor regulations properly
- Leverage advanced analytics and functional tools to create a better experience for providers, staff members, and patients across the continuum of care
When it comes to improving the quality of patient care, large health systems and other healthcare organizations need a solution that can not only keep up with their basic operational needs, but can also guide them to better care in the future. Workday provides a cloud-based solution that allows organizations to improve the functionality of their supply chain while also maintaining high healthcare delivery standards.
Workday gives healthcare providers the opportunity to:
- Use intelligent automation features to automate finance processes and reduce time spent on transactions
- Leverage real-time data, advanced analytics, and continuous planning and monitoring tools to make better decisions
- Streamline supply chain management processes and improve supplier relationships
- Track, manage, and improve inventory and procurement workflows
- Leverage self-service functionality to improve employee engagement, productivity, and overall satisfaction
- Provide a unified data core to keep HR, payroll, and talent and performance management information in one system, analyze data trends and analytics, and build a workforce that can evolve with your needs
Getting Started with Us
Your organization. Your needs. Our expertise. That’s the name of the game with a healthcare consulting firm like Surety Systems.
Whether your industry needs healthcare IT consulting help to build new and improved healthcare solutions for your organization, an extra hand implementing a new healthcare software to stay on top of your healthcare management processes, or anything in between, our consultants are here to help.
Our team of senior-level healthcare IT consultants has the skills, experience, and techno-functional expertise needed to help, regardless of where your organizational needs lie or the nature of your organization or healthcare facilities.
Contact us today to learn more or get started with our top-notch healthcare consultant team.