Think about your most inspiring teacher or mentor—the one whose lessons stayed with you long after the classroom faded into memory… Now, imagine bringing that level of impact to your workplace, nurturing a culture of learning and growth that propels your organization forward.
Enter the SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) — your ticket to creating an engaging, supportive, and continuous learning ecosystem across your entire organization.
In this article, we’ll discuss the key capabilities, features, and advantages of the SAP LMS, how it helps companies develop training content based on nearly any criteria, and where our expert SAP consultant team can come in to help.
What is SAP LMS?
The SAP Learning Management System (LMS) is a unified corporate learning system designed to help organizations facilitate better employee learning experiences, drive efficient skills management and development, improve employee engagement, and prepare their people for the future.
Navigating Blended Learning Capabilities in SAP
When it comes to providing top-tier learning management capabilities, SAP understands that employees and their needs must remain at the center of program development, no matter what.
Here are a few examples of the ways the SAP SuccessFactors LMS platform keeps learners at the center of their learning opportunities:
Continuous training programs
Continuous learning strategies transcend traditional employee training programs, ensuring mandatory training requirements are met, and employees have access to core training initiatives, no matter what.
This approach allows users to access training materials through various learning platforms, like E-learning, mentoring, and hands-on learning, gradually building their knowledge and skills over time.
Microlearning refers to a workforce education strategy designed to break broader, more complex topics into smaller, more understandable sections, facilitating more efficient learning and better employee performance in the long run.
With SAP SuccessFactors Learning, organizations can view micro-units whenever and wherever they’re needed and can incorporate them into long-term educational goals.
Learning in the flow of work
Learning in the flow of work refers to an employee training model that enables organizations to quickly and easily gain access to learning innovations while engaging in tasks that are relevant to the learning content at the same time.
By allowing users to view learning content while completing hands-on learning activities, this model improves employee cognition and retention, enhances employee productivity, and drives better performance across business systems.
Key Features of SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Let’s take a closer look at the main features and capabilities of the SAP SuccessFactors Learning platform:
1) Complete employee lifecycle development programs
- Leverage integrations with the SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite and other third-party platforms to improve employee engagement and enhance learning experiences
- Access real-time data and actionable insights to make better decisions and improve learning processes and outcomes based on employee feedback
- Offer business context to help users understand the value of their training and development activities and improve retention in the long run
- Link development goals and career paths to foster continuous learning experiences and allow employees to reach their full potential
- Facilitate cross-functional opportunities for employees to learn and grow at their own pace
2) Compliance training for key stakeholders
- Leverage detailed insight into compliance training status, activities, and legal mandates to stay up-to-date with important government reporting requirements over time
- Configure documents with intelligent features, like workflow policies and E-signatures, to optimize training efficiency and create automated training content for any criteria
- Conduct annual updates to free up employees for validated testing and support critical requirements for industries with strict guidelines
3) Continuous learning experiences for employees
- Link learning activities with individual employee development goals, profiles, and career paths
- Leverage SAP SuccessFactors Work Zone to facilitate a digital experience and provide a single point of entry for learning and development opportunities
- Support community-based learning initiatives through mobile access to LMS tools, like E-learning, micro-learning, and other critical learning content
- Access and view content from SAP partners through an open content network to gain innovations and improve employee skills
4) Up-to-date employee learning content
- Recommend curated content for individual users based on interests, preferences, and goals
- Access content through the open content network or directly through SAP SuccessFactors Learning to extend content offerings for employees
Integrating SAP SuccessFactors Learning with Other Solutions
Here are a few of the main integrations pre-built for SAP SuccessFactors Learning:
SAP S/4HANA Finance
The SAP SuccessFactors Learning platform allows organizations to set costs for training programs, including instructors, classrooms, courses, and more.
When transactions occur between the organization offering the course and the one participating in it, the SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System stores both the transaction and the data the Financial Accounting and Controlling (FICO) team needs.
The Skillsoft connector consolidates Skillsoft courses into the existing Learning Management System (LMS) to facilitate more efficient employee training and development programs.
With this integration, companies can create learning items based on Skillsoft courses, outline subject area hierarchies based on Skillsoft categories, and define custom eHRI learning items and fields to boost learner engagement and productivity.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning comes with pre-built integrations with the complete SAP SuccessFactors platform, enabling users to optimize training through automated learning assignments based on specific criteria.
This integration also empowers users to leverage the competency connector to import core job competencies from the SAP SuccessFactors platform to the SAP SuccessFactors Learning platform and consolidate critical employee information in one unified platform.
How Can We Help?
Whether you need help automating compliance training design across employee teams, additional support navigating complex learning programs throughout your entire extended business network, or just an extra hand getting started on your SAP journey; Surety Systems is here to help.
Our senior-level, US-based SAP consultant team has the knowledge, skills, and experience to handle all your most important SAP project needs, whether big or small, simple or complex.
Getting Started with Our Team
Interested in learning more about how LMS in SAP can help you generate automated learning assignments, schedules, and criteria or where our team of SAP consultants can fit in your organization?
Contact us today!