In today’s world, people need information, and they need it fast.
Fortunately, this is where the UKG Workforce Central app comes in.
Read on to learn more about the app, its key features, and main advantages for your organization.
About the Kronos Mobile App
The Kronos Workforce Central app (formerly Kronos Mobile) helps simplify workforce needs and makes it easier for employees to access important information whenever and wherever they need it. With the Kronos app, employees are able to clock in and out for their shifts and manage time-off requests, benefits, and pay, and managers are given the functionality to fill and track staffing and scheduling requests, and manage exceptions within the UKG system.
The Kronos app for employees enables users to:
- Check schedules, changes, and updates
- Request time off and manage time-off balances
- Access messages, tasks, to-do lists within UKG system
The Kronos app for managers enables users to:
- Manage and update time sheets
- Access and view reports and analytics
- Approve time-off and schedule requests
Key Benefits of the Kronos App
- Manage employee requests: The UKG Kronos app allows employees to access schedules, track time accruals, manage shift changes, and request time off from their mobile device. The app also gives managers the functionality to receive real-time notifications for employee requests, offer prompt responses to improve employee engagement, and analyze important employee data wherever and whenever they need it.
- Easily access information: With an app that gives users 24/7 access to UKG Workforce Central configured information, employees and managers have more reliable and efficient access to critical personal and business-specific information. This way, users can gain up-to-date insights and access a more comprehensive view of relevant data without wasting valuable time or resources.
- Reduce system downtime: The Workforce Central mobile app eliminates the risk of lost information and a lack of productivity by giving users access to their smart dashboard applications and timecards even if connection is lost or they are operating offline. With offline functionality, users can remain productive, maintain secure access, and reduce the amount of downtime their system faces no matter what happens (or where they are).
Kronos Mobile App for iPhone
The UKG Workforce Central mobile app is available for any iPhone or iPod Touch that has iOS 12.0 or later installed. The app takes up 40MB of space within a user’s iOS system, is available for use in multiple languages, and is free to download.
Kronos Mobile App for Android
The Google Play app store also offers the UKG Workforce Central mobile app for non-iPhone users. The app requires Android 6.0 or later and is free to download.
Workforce Mobile Home Screen Overview
Now that you know a little more about the UKG Workforce Central app and how it works offline, let’s run through a quick overview of the app’s home screen features and capabilities.
Step 1 in the login process requires your mobile device to connect to your organization’s Workforce Central server via your IP address. Step 2 offers the individual users access by logging in using personal employee or administrator credentials.
By choosing the “Tasks” tab, users can view tasks and all of their relevant details with one click. Access to tasks does require security permissions, so, if your organization does not grant you access to a specific task, you will not be able to view or complete that task.
The “Alerts” icon not only gives users the ability to view all current and past alerts, but it also allows sends automatic notifications to alert them of urgent or time-sensitive tasks. This way, employees, managers, and system administrators can stay up to date with changes, tasks, or urgent matters within the system in real time.
With the “Context” feature, users are able to change the time period they want to view at any given time. All information will follow the context criteria until the context is changed.
By tapping the “Location” icon, users can view their current geographical location as it is related to the app, and they have the functionality to assign a specific context to a location. This way, the chosen context will be used whenever you are in a specific location with connections to a specific context within the UKG system.
How to Use Kronos App
- Manage Time-Off Requests: The Kronos mobile app provides the functionality needed for managers and system administrators to view, manage, approve, or reject employee time-off requests.
- Manage Timecards and Exceptions: Users can quickly and easily edit, review, and approve timecards (i.e., edit timecard punches, add comments, manage pay codes, etc.). Managers are also given the ability to oversee and correct any timecard exceptions.
- Manage Schedules: With the mobile-enabled UKG Kronos system, managers are also given the ability to review and edit their employee schedules whenever and wherever they need to to ensure staffing needs are met.
How Can We Help?
Need help implementing your new UKG app, but don’t have the right Workforce Central administrator support you need? Surety Systems is here to help.
Our team of senior-level Kronos consultants have the right skills and experience to lead your team to success — the first time. Our consultants take care of all the complexities of app implementation or integration so you don’t have to.
Even better, we’ve included a snapshot of one of our top-notch Kronos consultants to give you a better idea of what to expect when partnering with us.
Surety Senior Kronos App Consultant
- 22+ years of IT operations and Kronos experience
- 12+ years of working as a Kronos Programmer Analyst
- Experience with configuring accrual interfaces, balance issues, and modifying Kronos 4500 and InTouch clocks for Kronos app experience
- Configuration experience with the Kronos WFC application for payroll
- Written pay rules, SQL scripts, created/modified custom and RDL reports
- Experience with the advanced scheduling module, work rule changes, setting up new users, integrations, and implementations
Contact us today to learn more or get started.