A modern point-of-sale (POS) solution requires the functionality and flexibility needed to keep up with changing market conditions and meet growing customer demands in both physical and digital sales environments…
Cue SAP POS.
Read on to learn more about the key features and advantages of SAP’s POS solution, as well as where our senior-level SAP consultants can fit in your organization.
What is SAP Customer Checkout?
SAP Customer Checkout is a flexible, intuitive application that provides point-of-sale (POS) management capabilities and real-time updates for sales and stock information to gain end-to-end visibility across your entire business and optimize POS operations.
Key Features of SAP Customer Checkout
SAP Customer Checkout gives members of your sales staff the functionality and accessibility needed to improve process efficiency and enhance the customer experience across the board.
Let’s take a closer look at a few main areas of engagement…
- Use the SAP point-of-sale application as a standalone solution or integrate with SAP S/4HANA, SAP Business One, or other SAP applications
- Leverage real-time reports to control and predict long-term sales and financial results
- Extend and scale point-of-sale operations across business units for clear visibility into inventory and sales data
- Control sales, returns, purchases, and payments through a centralized POS system
- Provide a unique customer experience through loyalty points and rewards programs
- Support multi-format retailers through integrated business applications
- Track real-time stock availability to manage POS sales more efficiently
- Leverage application functionality across departments, including Wholesale Distribution, Fashion, Retail, Electronics, and more
Sports and Entertainment
- Improve customer engagement through brand loyalty programs at the point of sale
- Empower customers to complete transactions more efficiently on their mobile device
- Provide support for online ordering, payment, and pickup processes for customers
Catering and Hospitality
- Leverage optimized user interfaces to speed up POS processes throughout fast food, catering, and other hospitality engagements
- Accelerate POS processes online ordering and other mobile device capabilities
- Improve table management functionality and manage order receipts in one place
A Deeper Dive into SAP Point-of-Sale (POS)
The SAP Point-of-Sale (POS) application is a highly-configurable POS solution designed to help companies in client-server environments improve store-level management, leverage advanced reporting functions for enhanced data visibility, and improve access and control for front-end and back-office operations.
With the SAP POS application, customers are enabled to…
- Leverage flexible capabilities to configure solutions without the need for custom development in your point-of-sale system
- Provide front-end and back-office support for customer purchases, payments, and other sales transactions
- Choose your own point-of-sale device to support common POS requirements
- Transmit transactions directly to other SAP applications (i.e., Warehouse Management, Accounting Management, etc.) with functional integration capabilities
Main Advantages of the SAP POS Solution
1) Integration with Other SAP Applications
Point-of-sale systems need to be integrated into your company’s IT infrastructure to ensure that master data is accessed and managed in real time and POS functionality can work hand-in-hand with other systems, such as Warehouse Management or Inventory Control solutions.
SAP POS provides seamless end-to-end connection between the POS solution and the rest of your SAP system to improve process efficiency and enable more comprehensive insights across your organization.
2) Flexibility and Scalability
The SAP Customer Checkout system, and the POS application specifically, offers flexibility intended to simplify customer requirements and adapt the solution to need business, employee, or consumer needs.
The POS solution is also scalable, meaning that whether you have a company with 5 POS systems or 500 POS systems, the SAP POS application will be able to handle it.
3) Centralized POS Data
The POS application in SAP helps companies manage and maintain different POS systems in the same place to centralize user and role management capabilities and keep up with new apps and software upgrades.
With SAP POS, your company can not only manage point-of-sale operations in multiple organizational locations, but it can also improve the speed and accuracy of POS management operations across business units in one location.
4) Loyalty Program Management
When it comes to maximizing your SAP investment and improving brand loyalty, loyalty management programs are an essential piece of the puzzle.
SAP Point-of-Sale allows companies to leverage comprehensive loyalty management functionality, including loyalty points, rewards programs, and customer loyalty tiers, to improve customer engagement across the organization and reward their most loyal customers with personalized sales and promotions.
How Can We Help?
Whether you need help implementing a new SAP POS system in your organization, additional support syncing inventory, payment, and customer data in a single solution, or an extra hand handling integrations between SAP POS and SAP Business One, Surety Systems is here to help.
Our team of senior-level SAP consultants has the technical skills and functional expertise needed to lead you to success, regardless of the size, scale, or scope of your project needs.
Getting Started with Us
Interested in learning more about our SAP consulting services? Ready to get started on a project with one of our SAP experts?
Contact us today to get connected!