Building candidate pipelines, managing job posts, and finding the perfect fit for a job can seem like quite the uphill battle at times, right? And, if unorganized job pages and inefficient talent acquisition processes are an all-too-common issue for your company, you’ve come to the right place.
Workday’s recruiting and applicant tracking capabilities help organizations in any industry streamline talent acquisition functions, improve the productivity of their internal recruiting teams, and enhance experiences for new candidates and existing employees.
Read on to learn more about each solution and their key capabilities, as well as where our team of senior-level Workday consultants can fit in your organization.
What is Workday Recruiting?
Workday Recruiting refers to the unified system that manages every step of the talent acquisition journey, from workforce planning to interviewing to onboarding, and everything in between.
The Recruiting module allows you to manage the entire recruiting lifecycle within your Workday applicant tracking system (ATS), streamline the process with transparency and collaboration, and attract top talent with a consistent experience.
Let’s start at the beginning of the recruitment process: sourcing…
Step 1: Sourcing
The first and most important step in assembling a team of rockstar employees is building a healthy pipeline of qualified professionals, including internal and external candidates from any career site, job board, or referral. Here are the features included in Workday’s Recruiting dashboard that will prove useful during this stage:
In a competitive job market, it’s critical to keep candidates engaged throughout the application and interview process. Workday brings together all candidates—internal and external, as well as active and passive—into one place, making them easier to manage. Additionally, its core security model, process framework, and reporting features all support local regulations to meet compliance requirements, helping to take that concern off the plates of your recruiters so that they can focus on what they do best: recruiting.
As part of a unified system that also connects to Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) and Financial Management, Workday Recruiting makes it easy to seamlessly develop job requisitions and manage the process all the way through fulfillment in one tool. You can even develop confidential job requisitions that only allow access to a select group of people, providing a higher level of security for those sensitive requisitions.
When a company has a consistent staffing need, it becomes too much of a hassle to continuously update career sites, social media, and other online job posting sites. This is where your team can use an evergreen requisition to your advantage.
Let’s take a look at a quick example.
Suppose you work for a large hospital system that’s constantly in need of more nurses. An evergreen requisition for this specific job would be beneficial to you in that it is always posted in the places you choose, and it gives you a better handle on candidate volume for the specific position listed. By using evergreen requisitions in this case, you are making it easier to manage the candidate pipeline, target specific areas of high employee turnover, and fill critical jobs more efficiently.
Workday’s system allows you to create these requisitions to track vacant positions, manage talent pools, and recruit for continually open job opportunities.
Most recruiters know that referrals are the strongest tool in their toolkit, and Workday helps them take advantage of it by allowing the entire organization to participate in the process. You can even encourage employees to generate more referrals with some healthy competition—the referral leaderboard lets you allocate points to an employee’s referral activities.
Social Media Integration
Social media has become the fastest-growing channel for recruiters today. With Workday, you can extend your core candidate management system with connectors for social media, online job postings, career sites, and other digital recruiting efforts.
Step 2: Hiring
Once you’re identified your top candidate, it’s time to hire. Recruiting offers several features to streamline this part of the process across the organization.
Workday provides real-time visibility into the entire hiring team from any device. Team members can communicate about a candidate’s status and collaborate on selection, helping to make everyone part of the process and driving home the fact that hiring really is a team effort.
Every minute counts when you’re ready to extend an offer. Workday shortens the time period with configurable workflows, compensation tools, a contract builder, and an easy-to-sign offer letter. Because if there’s a bite on your proverbial fishing line, you better set the hook—no one wants to regret the “one that got away.”
Step 3: Onboarding
Finally, you’re ready to bring that new candidate officially onto the team. Onboarding is the first impression a candidate has of the company, and you want to make it a memorable one. Here are some of the features Workday’s Recruiting platform provides to help make it easy to make a solid first impression.
Combined with Workday HCM, it’s a snap to create a seamless onboarding experience from the time the offer is accepted to a candidate’s first day on the job.
Accelerate hiring time by automating the entire recruiting process. Using one system to streamline the process for background checks, offer management, and orientation makes everyone more efficient and helps to lessen the chances that something important falls through the cracks.
What is an Applicant Tracking System?
Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) help companies find and manage candidates throughout recruiting and hiring processes. ATS software simplifies candidate organization, tracking, and management and makes it easier for companies to find qualified candidates, collect important information, filter prospects according to their skills or level of experience, and optimize the overall recruiting and hiring process.
Applicant tracking software enables users to:
- Use artificial intelligence (AI) to scan and sort prospect resumes
- Improve interview scheduling process with automated emails
- Access business-critical information in one place
- Reduce time-to-fill
- Streamline recruiting and enhance the candidate experience
Key Benefits of Applicant Tracking Systems
- Saves valuable time: ATS software eliminates the need for time consuming manual processes like posting and listing on job boards, and, instead, uses automated tools to sort and filter resumes to separate the relevant ones from the irrelevant. With software automation, ATS saves recruiting and hiring teams valuable time to be spent on candidate engagement and relationship building.
- Reduces costs: Recruiting teams often have to walk a tough line between a screening process that is efficient but costs a little more and one that is cheaper but less efficient. An applicant tracking system solves this issue by providing an accurate, efficient software that not only automates screening processes, but also significantly reduces cost-per-hire.
- Improved quality of new hires: With a system that allows for more efficient and proactive recruiting processes, companies are able to attract and hire the most qualified candidates for the job — the first time. ATS recruitment software gives companies that previously would’ve fallen behind the competition because of a lack of system efficiency and strategy the opportunity to not only keep up, but to attract the best talent possible.
- Simplifies job posting: Applicant tracking systems allow users to upload job postings on multiple platforms with a single click. By eliminating the need for managers to log in to multiple accounts, create separate posts for each platform, and conduct manual results tracking for each post, ATS software simplifies the posting process and makes it easier for recruiting teams to collect and manage applications.
- Enhanced collaboration and communication: An applicant tracking system offers improved collaboration not only between team members, but also between recruiting and other departments throughout the company. ATS software provides a better way for users to send messages, assign tasks, schedule automated campaigns, allow team members to leave feedback for each applicant, and give employees a voice in decision-making processes.
- Better decision making: Applicant tracking systems gives recruiting and hiring teams complete access to all applications, making it easier for them to streamline processes and keep everyone connected every step of the way. And, with everyone on the same page, human resources, recruiting, and hiring teams can make smarter, quicker decisions.
Does Workday Have an ATS?
ATS software is found in the core HR systems of most companies, and it’s no secret that there are quite a few applicant tracking system options out there for you to choose from. But, did you know that Workday offers an applicant tracking system that is built into their Recruiting solution?
The Workday Recruiting ATS not only allows users to manage the entire recruiting and employee lifecycle in a single system, but it also helps manage high volume hiring processes, attract top talent with consistent experiences, and streamline recruiting and hiring by improving collaboration and transparency among teams.
As a top applicant tracking system, Workday continues to automate workflows, like managing job posts on career sites and social media. This way, it’s easier for recruiting teams to improve candidate engagement and enhance the overall candidate experience (and thus, leading to better talent retention in the long run).
How Does Workday ATS Work?
The Workday Recruiting ATS improves the accuracy and efficiency of the recruiting process from sourcing to candidate management, candidate selection, onboarding, and more. Let’s take a closer look at a few of the key features of the Workday ATS :
- Comprehensive visibility into talent acquisition and recruiting functions
- Reliable sourcing of candidates throughout their job search process
- Automated campaigns and interview management
- Improved job posting capabilities
- Enhanced reporting and Workday talent acquisition analytics
- Customizable job page overlay design layers to attract more candidates
- Sync job details (i.e., job title, description, etc.) between Workday and external job posts, social media sites, and systems
Integrations with LinkedIn
LinkedIn ATS integrations connect the LinkedIn Job Recruiter to your Workday Talent Acquisition system, making it easier (and faster) for companies to attract and manage candidates throughout talent acquisition and hiring processes.
ATS integrations with LinkedIn allow Workday users to:
- Save time
- Make more informed decisions
- Attract and hire the most qualified candidates
By integrating LinkedIn and Workday, recruiting teams have access to all the information they need in one place, eliminating both the time and effort it takes to switch between different systems. And, with interconnected data and insights, managers are able to streamline the hiring process and move candidates through the pipeline at a faster pace, giving them more time to focus on engaging candidates and building meaningful relationships.
How Can We Help?
Interested in learning how the Workday applicant tracking software can help transform your organization’s Workday talent acquisition processes? Surety Systems is here to help.
Need help navigating new Workday Talent Acquisition or Recruiting solutions? We’ve got you covered.
Just need an extra hand understanding how to build your candidate pipeline and measure key metrics throughout your ATS? We can help with that too.
Getting Started with Our Team
Experience the value for yourself. Our senior-level Workday consultants can help you transform your Workday ATS and Recruiting operations, increase the productivity of your talent acquisition efforts, and recruit reliable, high-quality candidates to fill your organizational needs.
We’ve included a sample profile of one of our best Workday Recruiting consultants to give you an idea of what to expect when partnering with us…
Surety Senior Workday Recruiting Consultant
- 8+ years of Workday experience
- Certified in Workday Recruiting, HCM, Talent & Performance, and Project Management
- Acted as a Recruiting Architect and Lead on over 50 Workday deployments
- Experience leading all End-to-End testing calls for the recruiting and onboarding functional areas
- Global experience across many different industries
Contact us today to get started with one of our Workday experts.