The modern workplace has undergone dramatic changes since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. More than ever, huge complex enterprise organizations need to prioritize visibility when managing a globally distributed workforce to maintain productivity and stay ahead of changing business environments.
Many companies are ditching the traditional manual and semi-automated processes for one system that can scale to their business needs. Now, more than ever, business leaders need real-time data and predictive analytics to help increase employee engagement, morale, and customer service. Also critical is finding innovative ways to control labor costs while maintaining productivity and compliance. Not to mention satisfy varying customer requirements.
Overcoming Today’s Workforce Challenges
Organizations need a new HR management suite that aligns with their business strategies in order to achieve these goals. That’s why many organizations are turning to workforce management software like Infor WFM.
Assisted by artificial intelligence and machine-learning analytics, WFM has built-in integrated business data insights to give you the data you need to take action and future-proof your business.
This article provides an overview of Infor WFM and explains what it is, how it works, and how it can support a digital workforce. Let’s get started answering these questions.
What is Infor Workforce Management?
Infor WFM is a comprehensive planning optimization tool designed to improve employee efficiency, boost productivity, and reduce operating costs. How can it do all that? By using your company’s data to drive labor management and employee performance analytics.
The platform includes time and attendance, demand-driven scheduling, workforce scheduling, and absence management tools. We’ll dive deeper into these areas a little later in the post. But first, here are just a few examples of how you could use it to enhance business processes and address labor performance:
- With the planning element of the platform, you can create a bottom-up labor budget based on business demands and then align your labor budget with the finance team’s top-down budget
- Need to keep budgets and forecasting in compliance? No problem! Dashboards and alerts to the rescue
- The self-service interface and messaging tools make it easy for teams to trade shifts, complete timesheets, manage PTO, or update work performance, making for improved employee and manager collaboration
- Mitigate the risk of compliance errors and allow your employees to focus on more strategic work
What Are the Features of Infor WFM?
Now that we know what Infor WFM is, let’s cover some of the features that make the platform so useful: Time and Attendance, Staff Scheduling, and Workforce Planning and Forecasting.
Time and Attendance
The time and attendance module helps you reduce payroll errors and overpayments through real-time collection of labor and time data, as well as automated zero-to-gross pay calculation. Other features of this module include:
- Automatically track attendance policy to stay compliant
- Use staff time-collection data to determine what pay categories apply, such as pay code, time code, and pay rules
- Easily automate and manage your employees’ schedules like time-off requests and sick balances
- Track your staff’s time and shift location
The workforce scheduling module allows you to develop shift or demand-driven schedules while sticking to rules and regulations. Are you in a specific industry with unique and evolving requirements? No worries. Infor Workforce Management has vertically specialized scheduling to meet your needs.
In addition, this module gives you multi-view scheduling options—such as on-call shift splits, labor forecasts, and schedule optimization—as well as fair scheduling compliance with union rules, government regulations, and corporate policies. Here are a few more features to help improve business processes:
- Tackle the most complex scheduling needs with industry-specific, data-driven scheduling tools
- Seamlessly manage scheduling operations across teams and staff-floating capabilities
- Maintain compliance with fair scheduling laws
- Give power to your employees to manage their own schedules
- Ensure schedules are always covered while simultaneously maximizing productivity
- Customize pay rules for the most complicated union contract provisions
Planning and Forecasting
The features in this module include budget creation, which allows you to use historical performance, standards, and productivity information to develop a labor budget that involves forecasted business demand. You can then align the results with your finance department to stay on budget.
The module also includes budget management to streamline your workforce budget by standardizing the solicitation and approval process. Finally, it allows you to automate your forecasting process by comparing current performance to your long-term strategy so that you can make changes to the scheduling model and keep your budget aligned with business performance. With Planning and Forecasting, you can:
- Automatically create long-term budgets and forecasts
- Gain insights and recommendations from business leaders
- Plan for any scenario from best- to worst-case
- Keep track of required labor hours
- Use machine learning technology to analyze historical data, promotional data, actuals, and much more
- Create accurate workload forecasts with real-time trending
What Are the Business Benefits of Infor Workforce Management?
Thanks to mobile access and seamless upgrades, Infor WFM helps simplify the shift planning process, gives users a better experience, and decreases running costs, all at the same time. Plus, your employees get the ability to access their workforce data anywhere, anytime.
It supports multifaceted integration and seamless data exchanges for those that need to connect the platform with other tools.
Designed with Many Industry Verticals in Mind
With vertically-specialized modules and requirements baked right into the core product, you’ll feel like Infor WFM has been designed specifically for your company’s unique needs.
No More Compliance Issues
Concerned about compliance issues? Have no fear—Infor WFM has you covered with built-in legislative compliance for international, federal, state, and local labor laws.
The solution offers a number of benefits for employees and managers, especially when it comes to self-service and mobility.
Employees can use CloudSuite WFM to easily view their personal information, request time off, and communicate with managers and other employees. Management can also access information on the go—edit timesheets, check work schedules, swap shifts, and more—all through their smartphones.
In terms of saving time, WFM makes evaluating workforce performance a breeze with custom dashboards and reports—allowing you to make business decisions quickly—and the state-of-the-art report writer generates custom production reports in hours instead of days (or even weeks).
Choosing Infor Workforce Management
There’s plenty to love about Infor Workforce Management (WFM), from its many useful tools to the way it can improve employee efficiency and morale. And if you think Infor WFM’s product capabilities could be a better solution for your organization, we’re here to help.
Finding an Implementation Expert
The senior-level Infor consulting team at Surety Systems is ready to partner with you to implement Infor WFM, upgrade your existing setup, improve integrations, or take advantage of new features. By helping clients of all sizes across a variety of industries to maximize their Infor investment, our consultants have the experience and know-how to tackle even the toughest Infor projects. To help you gain a better understanding of how our consultants could help you with your Infor needs, we’ve included a sample profile of one of our top WFM consultants.
Surety Senior Infor Workforce Management Consultant
- 14+ years of Infor WFM/Workbrain experience
- Technical and functional experience
- Configuration and implementation expert
- Payrules, Data Evens, Workflow experience
- Workbrain Report builder experience
- Interface, Java development expert
Contact us today to learn more about our services and get started.