When it comes to navigating complex tax types, codes, and rules and managing payroll calculations for a laundry list of employees, leveraging the best tools and resources for the job can be a game changer.
What is BSI?
Business Software Inc. (BSI) is a software provider dedicated to providing the payroll tax calculation and regulatory compliance solutions to improve the efficiency and accuracy of your overall payroll tax processes.
BSI provides innovative, efficient, reliable, and comprehensive solutions designed to help your organization more efficiently manage…
- Payroll tax calculations
- Payroll tax filing
- Tax liabilities and reports
- Wage attachment solutions
BSI is the leading provider for payroll regulatory and compliance solutions across the industry, and comprehensive BSI solutions are used by more than 2,500 clients worldwide. With its innovative development and regulatory functionality, BSI offers solutions for both on-site and cloud-based clients to help expand the functionality of their payroll systems and automate tedious manual tasks to improve process efficiency.
What is the BSI Tax Factory?
BSI Tax Factory is a solution designed to perform calculations for payroll taxes at Local, State, Federal, and U.S. Territory levels. From reliable payroll tax filing to wage and benefit plan taxability, tax onboarding, and more, the Taxfactory solution provides solutions that facilitate better payroll management and improve productivity across the board.
BSI’s payroll tax solutions enable your payroll department to…
1) Efficiently manage multi-state taxes and calculations for multiple tax reporting companies
2) Maintain employee tax profiles and ensure personal information is complete and accurate
3) Automate critical payroll tax processes, including tax calculation, wage and benefit taxability, deferred income, and more
3) Integrate BSI Tax Factory with other internal systems (i.e., Human Resources/Payroll, Deferred Income, etc.) and external software solutions (i.e., SAP and Infor)
4) Set up tax authorities to link Taxfactory solutions with Infor software
5) Outline “what-if” scenarios to extend the value of your payroll tax assignment process and prepare for any potential issues down the road
Integrations with Other Applications
When it comes to monitoring, managing, and optimizing your internal payroll tax solutions, seamless integration with other internal systems, external applications, and third-party tools can be critical to your success.
Let’s take a closer look at two of the main integrations between BSI Tax Factory and other external enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems…
On the SAP side…
Business Software Inc. is an SAP partner, and it provides the internal tax engine responsible for managing and monitoring processes within the SAP Payroll server.
Here’s how the BSI SAP integration works…
When taxes are calculated within the SAP Payroll system, the solution transmits relevant tax data and reports to Taxfactory through a remote function call (RFC). A corresponding RFC connection must be set up and established throughout the system to ensure proper communication between SAP Payroll and BSI Tax Factory and leverage the full functionality of an integrated payroll tax and compliance solution.
The Tax Factory solution also supports the SAP HANA platform to help businesses operate in real time, streamline and enhance the functionality of their payroll processes, and improve knowledge transfer for clients and customers across the board.
On the Infor side…
The BSI Tax Factory solution also offers key integration capabilities with Infor, providing the flexibility and configuration functionality needed to implement and configure payroll tax solutions to meet each organization’s unique needs.
Here are the main steps that allow Infor and Taxfactory solutions to work seamlessly together..
1) Outline well-defined Tax Authorities in Tax Factory
2) Set up Tax Authorities in Infor
3) Define Tax Deductions in Infor
When Tax Deductions are assigned to employees, the tax codes and rules associated with the connection between Tax Authorities and Tax Deductions is automatically assigned to an employee’s payroll tax profile, simplifying calculation, analysis, and reporting functions within the integrated solutions.
How Can We Help?
Whether you need help implementing or integrating new tax location, tax deposit, tax onboarding, year-end, or wage attachment solutions, or anything else related to BSI support, Surety Systems is here to help.
Our team of senior-level consultants has the technical skills, functional expertise, and real-world experience needed to lead you to success, regardless of the size, scale, or scope of your project.
Your technology. Your integrations. Our expertise. That’s the name of the game with us.
Getting Started with Us
From integrating BSI Tax Factory with core Infor functionality, connecting SAP HANA and Payroll solutions to internal BSI functionality, navigating employer required taxes, and everything in between, we are here to help you.
And, to give you a better idea of what to expect when partnering with our team, we’ve included a sample profile of one of our top-notch BSI TaxFactory consultants…
Surety Senior BSI Tax Factory Consultant
- 25 years of Lawson consulting experience
- System Administration and Software Development expertise
- Lawson v7-11, S3 and Cloudsuite experience
- BSI Tax Factory Installation, Administration, Support and Upgrade experience on Windows Servers
- Lawson LBI, ION, MSCM, IPA, and SQL experience
Interested in learning more about integrating your BSI Tax Profile Factory and ERP solutions? Ready to get started with one of our top-notch consultants?
Contact us today!