Your employees are the core of your business, making human capital management a key component to success. Companies that implement modern solutions for Human Capital Management (HCM) find it easier to improve nearly every area of their organizations, from top management all the way down to the bottom line. Why? Because HCM lets you make better use of your most valuable resource—people.
One human capital management suite we’d like to focus on today is SAP SuccessFactors. It allows organizations to control all of their HR processes, from recruiting new candidates to nurturing seasoned talent.
This article will cover the features and benefits of the SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite, as well as what sets it apart from other tools on the market. But first, here’s a little background about the performance management tool.
What is SAP SuccessFactors?
SAP SuccessFactors is a provider of cloud human experience management (HXM)—a new term for HCM that SAP considers more “people-focused.” The HXM suite enables companies to find, train, and manage their workforce, as well as combines feedback with operational and employee data to better understand how people feel.
SuccessFactors was initially founded in 2001. SAP acquired SuccessFactors in 2012 as an opportunity to bring existing cloud expertise to SAP’s portfolio. Today, SAP SuccessFactors is one of the largest providers of cloud-based HCM software in the world. Its global solutions are used by businesses of all sizes, and it currently has more than 7,000 customers around the globe. SAP SuccessFactors consistently ranks at (or close to) the leader position in talent management vendor ratings from analyst firms like Gartner, Forrester, IDC, and Nucleus Research.
The SAP SuccessFactors Suite
SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite connects core HR processes and payroll, talent management, and performance management to help you deliver exceptional employee experiences. Here’s what you’ll get with the SAP SuccessFactors human capital management suite:
Employee Experience Management
Enhance the employee experience by understanding the key insights and drivers of employee engagement. Employee experience management helps organizations identify experience gaps and respond to employee needs so that your staff will feel more connected, supported, and empowered.
Core HR and Payroll
Develop consistent and standardized HR processes across the business. With today’s hybrid workforce, you can support employees wherever they work with global solutions for core HR, time tracking, cloud payroll, benefits administration, and HR service delivery. By using the best practices baked into SAP SuccessFactors, you can improve the bottom line and reduce risk.
Attract and retain the best talent and create a more diverse workforce. The talent management and career development solution will help you recruit, onboard, develop, and compensate your workforce. It also provides employee assessment and guidance throughout their journey.
HR Analytics and Workforce Planning
Use HR data to get data-driven insights into your workforce, investigate trends with people analytics, and use powerful analytics to improve workforce planning. This solution can also help you identify risks and opportunities around your workforce.
Main Features of SAP SuccessFactors
SAP SuccessFactors has many features to improve HR and business operations. These features can be taken advantage of depending on your company’s specific needs. The features include:
- Employee Central—The core of data and information about employees, including employee self-service, organizational management, time tracking and attendance, and global benefits administration.
- Performance Management—The basis for measuring employee performance and progress in real-time.
- Compensation—A tool for establishing a pay-for-performance culture that will help retain top talent and increase employee productivity.
- Learning—A platform to implement training, along with mechanisms for assessing results and progress for better performance.
- Recruitment—A talent management tool for organizing the recruitment process, so that it can be handled efficiently and effectively.
- Succession Planning and Development—Manage your employee’s development by creating plans to build their competencies and identify/fill talent gaps within your organization.
- Onboarding—A system for enhancing the onboarding process helps bring new hires into the company through an easy, automatic, and personal process.
- Analytics and Reporting—A tool for delivering actionable, quantitative insights to your business leaders with a combination of talent and business data leveraging artificial intelligence.
Benefits of SAP SuccessFactors
We’ve covered the history and features of SAP SuccessFactors. Now, it’s time to cover the advantages of the tool. Here are some of the top benefits customers experience:
Enhanced User Experience
The intuitive user interface is attractive and user-friendly. Plus, employees can access it from all platforms, including SAP SuccessFactors mobile.
SAP SuccessFactors can scale as your company grows, so if you start to increase your employee size, you don’t have to worry about bringing on new hardware or undergoing a major expansion. All you need to do is purchase new licenses.
SAP SuccessFactors not only provides comprehensive support for HCM end-to-end processes, but it also integrates with SAP and a variety of third-party external systems to enhance your setup, no matter what your particular setup looks like.
Lower IT Costs
Because SAP SuccessFactors is a cloud solution, you can consume the technology as a subscription. That means faster implementation, lower investment costs, no maintenance fees, or upgrade projects.
4 Ways SAP SuccessFactors Differentiates Itself
The suite is designed around principles that focus on employee efficiency, personalization, and opportunity. Here are some key differentiators that set SAP SuccessFactors solutions apart from other software on the market.
1. Personalized Experience
Not everyone is the same, and an employee-first approach helps you deliver personalized experiences customized for how each person works, behaves, and what they need to perform at their top level.
2. Next-Generation HR Capabilities
SAP has a strong history of delivering innovative, next-generation HR solutions that allow organizations to tackle their business and workforce transformation initiative.
3. Automated Global Compliance
Gain resources for country-specific and regional regulations with solutions that support local legal compliances and best practices for hundreds of countries, including payroll.
4. Future-Proof Your Organization
You can easily extend the foundation of the HXM suite by leveraging other SAP solutions, such as SAP ERP Central Component or S/4HANA, not to mention various third-party systems. You can also use more than 300 partner apps to further customize your employee experience.
Work with an SAP SuccessFactors Consultant
SAP SuccessFactors ensures you have the right people, with the right skills, doing the right work. Ready to get your core HR system in the right place?
Our US-based SAP consulting team can partner with your organization to seamlessly implement SAP SuccessFactors, or any other SAP project you might be having trouble with. We understand the challenges of human capital management and how utilizing the right tools can bring tremendous benefits to your company.
Our SAP SuccessFactors Experience
Here’s a snapshot of the average experience and skills of our senior-level SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite consultants:
- US Citizen
- 10 years of experience in SAP SuccessFactors
- Led several SAP HCM/SAP SuccessFactors Global Full Lifecycle Projects
- Excels in hands-on configuration, end-user training, business process redefinition, and production support
- Subject Matter Expert for Core HR and Talent Management modules
- Certified in SuccessFactors Employee Central & Employee Central Payroll
Contact us today for additional information and get your SAP SuccessFactors project started.