As the manufacturing industry evolves, companies are constantly seeking ways to streamline operations, optimize resources, and gain greater visibility into their production processes…
This is where SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (MII) comes in to help.
Read on to learn how SAP MII has become an essential tool for manufacturers looking to stay competitive in today’s dynamic business landscape, as well as where our SAP consultants can help maximize production efficiency across the entire enterprise.
What is MII in SAP?
SAP MII, or SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence, is a fully-integrated application designed to help companies in the process industry enable collaborative manufacturing processes by connecting manufacturing activities with other business operations in one place. With SAP MII, SAP users can access, measure, and compare plant performance metrics across different automation system infrastructures to identify areas of improvement and boost productivity across their supply chain operations.
Key Components of the SAP MII Application
Here are a few of the core components of SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence…
1) Data Services
Data services exist within the SAP MII architecture to allow users to collect, cleanse, and transform data from various sources, including shop floor systems, product sensors, and other critical business systems, to help facilitate better, data-driven decision making processes.
With functional data services, SAP MII users are enabled to collect and connect data from different sources, leverage mapping and filtering capabilities to maintain data consistency, and store data in functional dashboards to improve accessibility and visibility across teams.
2) Manufacturing Integration
The manufacturing integration component enables SAP MII users to integrate shop floor systems with other SAP ERP business systems to improve manufacturing operations across the entire enterprise.
Manufacturing integration capabilities provide a more efficient way to automate processes, monitor performance, and trigger alerts based on events, promoting collaboration across departments and allowing manufacturers to share manufacturing data across departments, plants, and with suppliers.
3) Manufacturing Intelligence
Manufacturing intelligence tools provide real-time analytics and reporting capabilities that enable you to monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), track production efficiency, and make data-driven decisions.
With the manufacturing intelligence component, companies are enabled to leverage accurate and timely data across the entire manufacturing process to facilitate better decision making and extend the value of their supply chain operations over time.
4) Composite Applications
SAP MII offers an advanced application development environment designed to help users create composite applications that efficiently and effectively integrate business processes with shop floor systems for more proactive production floor management practices.
5) Plant Connectivity
The plant connectivity component provides the tools and services needed to connect shop floor equipment, systems, and sensors to the SAP MII platform to promote more efficient data collection and analysis practices across the board.
6) Mobile Integration
SAP MII provides mobile integration capabilities that allow users to access shop floor data and analytics on their mobile devices, making it easy to view and leverage important data whenever and wherever it’s needed.
With advanced mobile integration tools, users are enabled to connect their core SAP MII operations with other SAP applications, including SAP Plant Connectivity (PCO), SAP Manufacturing Execution (ME), and more, to connect all aspects of their extended supply chain in one, comprehensive system.
Understanding the Main Advantages of SAP MII
When it comes to efficiently managing your manufacturing processes and making the most of your SAP ERP investment, it’s important for key stakeholders and supply chain personnel to understand the core advantages of SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence…
- Comprehensive Plant Information: A unified plant information catalog improves the quality, visibility, and accessibility of your manufacturing data, making it easier to maintain master data, arrange shop floor operations, and integrate data from different sources across the supply chain.
- Better Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE): Improved overall equipment effectiveness management capabilities allow users to determine causes for system downtime and loss of efficiency and identify areas for improvement more efficiently.
- Integrated Business Processes: Connecting intelligent business processes within SAP MII and beyond helps manufacturers facilitate more efficient enterprise and production processes and extends SAP functionality to other devices and systems for better visibility, accessibility, and collaboration across the board.
- Improved Manufacturing Operations: Streamlined monitoring of energy resources across the shop floor, role-based production data, and advanced manufacturing process insights and analytics enable manufacturing personnel to make better decisions and improve the productivity and efficiency of core manufacturing operations.
How Can We Help?
Whether you need help implementing a new SAP ERP system, additional support navigating integrations between SAP MII and other SAP applications, or just an extra hand monitoring data collection and evaluation processes across the shop floor, Surety Systems is here to help.
Our team of senior-level SAP consultants has the technical skills and real-world experience needed to help you improve manufacturing operations and make the most of your SAP investment in the long run.
Partnering with the Best
Interested in learning more about our SAP consulting services? Ready to leverage SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence capabilities to optimize your supply chain and improve the efficiency of your production processes?