Kronos Workforce Dimensions is a time and attendance, HR, and payroll solution from UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group). The cloud-based Dimensions solution can handle everything from timekeeping and scheduling to analytics and reporting in even the most complex industry or company.
Read on for a closer look at what Kronos Workforce Dimensions is and some of its key features.
What Is Workforce Dimensions?
Originally a manufacturer of time clocks, Kronos now specializes in everything to do with workforce management. Its cloud-based UKG Dimensions solution, a successor to Kronos iSeries, offers functionality that helps more efficiently track employee time, manage ongoing compliance requirements, improve your team’s productivity, reduce costs, and more.
HR and Payroll will benefit most directly from Workforce Dimensions, but the software will also improve the lives of everyone in your company, including employees in IT, Finance, and those who never step foot in the office.
We’ll cover UKG Dimensions’ key features in more detail below, but here’s a summary of some of our favorites:
- Cloud-based—Say hello to automatic security patches and goodbye to needing your own servers. The solution’s cloud-based nature and AI-powered workforce solutions make it the perfect solution to not only keep all your information in one place, but also provide quick and actionable insight to maximize your UKG investment.
- Easily Accessible—Employees can access UKG Dimensions through kiosks, time clocks, their phone or tablet, web-based employee self-service portals and even the Workforce Dimensions app. Through this dynamic workplace platform, UKG users can access important data or time-sensitive tasks whenever and wherever they’re needed.
- Advanced Scheduler—Work in an industry where you need to do a lot of shift-swapping? Dimensions can tackle even the toughest issues with scheduling and filling shifts, no problem. This way, you can ensure optimal staffing coverage even when there seems to be a never-ending stream of vacation and time-off requests.
- Customized Reporting—If you need an intelligent and extensible platform that you can custom-tailor for your specific needs, you’ll find it in Workforce Dimensions. From customized reporting capabilities to tailored industry features, Dimensions has all your needs covered.
Kronos Workforce Dimensions Features
Now that we’ve skimmed the surface of a few amazing features you’ll find in Kronos Workforce Dimensions, let’s take a deeper dive into what makes this software so useful.
The same dependable timekeeping software that you know and love from Kronos, Workforce Dimensions makes it easy to manage employee time and punch data, calculates breaks and lunches, and helps to manage missed meal penalties.
In addition to seamless shift differential management, Dimensions also changes how holiday and time-off requests are managed (sending them through the schedule first), saving managers from having to navigate through multiple screens.
Kronos has beefed up the scheduling functionalities in Workforce Dimensions, especially when compared to iSeries. Base Scheduling is super easy to use, providing managers with real-time access to everything an employee is doing that week. That data then flows to the timecard, making it simple for supervisors to get a clear picture of what the week looks like from the 10,000-foot view.
Advanced Scheduler kicks things up a notch with shift-swapping, self-scheduling, and job certification requirements. Whether you work in healthcare and need to make it easy for providers to swap shifts, or in a manufacturing environment where employees shouldn’t be assigned to certain roles if they haven’t been trained on that equipment, UKG Dimensions Advanced Scheduler can handle it.
Software that can manage employee information is great, but only if it’s easy to get that information into the system. As is to be expected, Workforce Dimensions makes that part of the process seamless as well, offering a variety of different ways for employees to clock in and out, including from their mobile devices or home computer, via kiosk, and their time clocks.
Speaking of handling data, Kronos has done a lot with Workforce Dimensions to reduce manual errors and save managers from having to enter data multiple times. By integrating Workforce Dimensions with your payroll software (as well as other relevant solutions, such as talent management), data can automatically flow where it needs to be. Additionally, Kronos has ensured that Dimensions automatically fills out every field when it can be, saving you time and effort when a potential hire becomes a new employee, for example.
Analytics & Reporting
Keeping the data ball rolling, Workforce Dimensions also has tons to offer in terms of analytics and reporting. The analytics portion of the software comes with a wide array of useful formulas, as well as data visualization capabilities so that you can make sense of the information in your system. In terms of reporting, while the base reports are pretty robust to begin with, Workforce Dimensions also gives you the ability to tailor them to your specific needs.
Workforce Dimensions integrates with pretty much any system out there, thanks to custom integrations. Whatever information you need to go to Payroll (such as punch data, time-off information, etc.), Workforce Dimensions can handle it.
Often intertwined with Payroll, the HR section of Workforce Dimensions has plenty to offer as well, helping out everywhere from attendance to leave management. In terms of attendance, Kronos has made it much easier to ensure that you have the right people on the clock (i.e. those who are punctual, get their work done on time, take their breaks, etc.)
It’s easier than ever in Workforce Dimensions to manage attendance policies and keep track of who’s leaving early, who’s late, or who’s missing their shifts entirely.
How Can Kronos Dimensions Consultants Help?
There’s a lot to Kronos Workforce Dimensions, and making the transition from a traditional workforce management system can be a bit of a challenge.
But, our Kronos consulting team has the experience you need to get your Dimensions software up and running. From custom-tailored training to hands-on help with pay rules, navigation of complex industry specific requirements, and more, Surety Systems is here to help. UKG provides a modern extensible platform to manage your enterprise systems, and our consultants work with you to achieve remarkable business outcomes in the long run.
Getting Started with Us
Whether you need help implementing Dimensions software for the first time, expert guidance through key integrations, additional support to keep up with government and industry regulations, or anything in between, our team of senior-level UKG consultants has the skills and experience to help you.
We’ve also included a sample profile of one of our top-notch Dimensions consultants to give you a better idea of what to expect when partnering with us:
Surety Senior Workforce Dimensions Consultant
- 15+ years of experience in Kronos implementation and support
- Kronos Dimensions certified
- Has developed training materials and facilitated training to end users throughout every stage of implementation
- Implemented 10 Kronos Dimensions projects in the past 3 years
- Extensive Dimensions experience in the healthcare sector
Want to learn how achieving amazing business results is possible with our UKG Dimensions consultants? Ready to get started with us? Contact us today.