Salesforce takes a digital transformation approach to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), expanding into new markets and providing built-in integrations with Workday solutions for efficient connectivity across the entire technical landscape.
Salesforce combines its data with pre-built Workday functionality to:
- Accelerate the time to set up a new legal entity structure, typically taking multiple months and thousands of dollars to complete.
- Enable quicker closing processes, automate data integrations, and empower tax teams to complete closing activities more accurately and effectively.
- Free up time for analysis and improve decision-making by leveraging machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities.
Read on to learn more about the benefits of integrating Workday and Salesforce and where our senior-level Workday consultants can fit in your organization.
Features of the Salesforce Workday Integration
Here are some of the main features of the Salesforce Workday integration:
Business Triggers and Rules
Leverage automated business triggers and rules to determine when events occur in the system, like only creating an order or even if it’s already been approved.
Bi-Directional Process Flows
Create bi-directional process flows between Salesforce and Workday to ensure tasks are completed, core processes run as expected across teams and business units, and customer details are returned to the right customer ID.
Reporting in Workday and Salesforce
Keep reporting aligned with cross-system metrics, such as utilization, close rates, and custom KPIs.
No Code Configuration
A no-code environment allows users to scale their configuration techniques to meet current business needs and work efficiently, even as business trends and requirements change over time.
Accelerate integrations between any Workday instance and Salesforce activities by leveraging fully supported, industry-leading core connectors.
Manage exceptions, check data fields, monitor error and maintenance repairs, or answer audit calls whenever and wherever needed.
Mine historical process data to locate hidden bottlenecks, discover additional business value and optimize operational execution, spending, and partnerships.
Simple Data Transformations
Use expressions and custom fields to modify any data source and improve compatibility between the two systems exchanging data.
Top 3 Benefits of Integrating Salesforce and Workday
Here are a few main advantages of using the Workday and Salesforce integration:
1. Enhance the client experience
Align accounting, human resources, and sales data to streamline the quote-to-cash process and reduce operational resistance. Leave payment and invoice data in the hands of sales teams and front-office employees to boost revenue operations and improve client experiences.
2. Connect data in the employee directory
Use contact information, skills, office location, and other critical employee information to sync your employee directory with Salesforce. Automatically provision and de-provision Salesforce users with compliant profile roles and permissions to ensure users only have access to the data they are authorized for.
3. Grow and drive better analytics
By combining financial, staffing, and HR data in your Salesforce apps, internal teams can access real-time analytics about client performance. Users can also leverage portfolio revenues, line of business performance metrics, profitability indicators, and upcoming workflows to drive business growth and improve outcomes in the long run.
How to Integrate Salesforce with Workday?
The Salesforce Workday integration enables users to load and sync data across systems, add data quality checks, export data, or govern data – all from the same platform.
There are three main steps involved in beginning the integration process:
- Point pre-built connectors from Put-it-Forward or use customized connectors to integrate source data with the destination system automatically.
- Select required data services and include any transformations or business rules in the integration plan.
- Choose and activate the integration interval to initiate data transfer between the source and the destination.
Why Use Workday Salesforce Integration?
Organizations can integrate Workday and Salesforce across various business areas, minimizing the need for manual data entry and streamlining core business procedures. This integration also offers real-time analytics on account profitability, revenues, staffing, and other vital objectives to improve functionality across teams and drive sustainable growth in the future.
Here are a few scenarios in which users could leverage Workday Salesforce Integration:
- Create reports for performance and activity data.
- Manage bi-directional, HR-specific process flows, like commissions, PTO tracking, onboarding, and more.
- Automate crucial processes, like the ability to cash workflows and manage employee data.
- Improve workflow and process efficiency to reduce duplicates and eliminate manual activities in each system.
- Reduce time, effort, and funds needed to implement a personalized integration solution without complex coding requirements.
- Leverage integrated reporting and centralized analytics to enable users to track time, costs, and revenues associated with specific sales opportunities.
- Improve total maintenance costs by using up-to-date connectors and self-documented process flows to connect systems.
What’s the Business Value of the Salesforce Workday Connector?
The Salesforce Workday integration helps you save time on manual data upload, reduce license expense duplication for each system, increase data quality, and eliminate the time and money needed to rely on specialized IT resources.
How We Can Help
Whether you’re looking to integrate your Workday and Salesforce solutions for streamlined business processes or just starting your Workday journey, Surety Systems is here to help.
Our senior-level Workday consultant team has the skills and experience to help you seamlessly implement, integrate, and upgrade your Workday solutions and maximize your overall investment.
Are you interested in learning more about the Salesforce Workday integration and how our senior Workday consultants can help your organization?
Contact us today!