When it comes to managing your company’s entire workforce in the same place, having the right software solution in place can be a make-or-break factor in your success…
And, while Kronos and ADP Workforce Management solutions offer a wide range of features intended to streamline Human Resources (HR) operations, improve employee engagement, and enhance productivity across the board, there are a few key differences that set each solution apart.
This article will highlight the key differences between the two solutions to help you make an informed decision about which one is right for your business and give you a more in-depth look at our workforce management consulting services at Surety Systems.
What is ADP Workforce Now?
ADP Workforce Now is a comprehensive, cloud-based human capital management (HCM) platform and solution designed to help companies in any industry manage their people processes in one place, making it easier for employees to stay engaged and feel support in their workforce.
What is Kronos Workforce Management?
Kronos Workforce Management offers three separate software solutions, Kronos Workforce Central, Kronos Workforce Ready, and Kronos Workforce Dimensions, to help organizations manage their employees more efficiently, optimize resource allocation across business units, and increase total revenue in the long run.
Key Components of Each Solution
Here are a few main components and features of Kronos and ADP Workforce solutions…
ADP Workforce Now
- HR Management: Provides tools for managing information for employees, tracking performance, administering benefits, and monitoring compensation practices.
- Payroll and Tax Management: Helps businesses manage payroll processing, monitor tax filing data, and maintain compliance with local, state, and federal payroll regulations.
- Time and Attendance Management: Allows businesses to track employee hours, manage time off requests, and create schedules based on employee roles and availability.
- Talent Management: Helps businesses attract, develop, and retain top-tier talent through recruiting tools, employee development programs, and performance management.
Kronos Workforce Software
- Time and Attendance: Helps companies accurately track time and attendance for employees, manage and automate schedules, and enforce attendance policies.
- HR and Payroll: Streamlines and manages core Human Resources and Payroll processes, including employee onboarding, time tracking, payroll processing, benefits administration, compliance management, and more.
- Scheduling: Automates the scheduling process and allows organizations to create optimal schedules based on labor demand, employee availability, and other factors.
- Analytics and Reporting: Provides real-time analytics and reporting capabilities to help companies make informed decisions about their workforce, including monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs), identifying workforce trends, and making adjustments to optimize workforce productivity and efficiency across the organization.
Kronos vs ADP…What’s the Difference?
1) Advanced Scheduling and Forecasting
While Kronos and ADP Workforce solutions do offer advanced functions to keep track of time and attendance, manage employee schedules, and provide access to vacation and time-off requests wherever and whenever they’re needed, there are a few notable differences between the two.
Kronos Workforce Management offers more advanced scheduling and forecasting features than ADP eTime, allowing businesses to create optimal schedules based on labor demand, employee availability. With more intuitive time tracking and scheduling tools, businesses are better able to reduce labor costs and improve productivity across the board.
2) Human Resources vs Operations Focus
On one hand, ADP Workforce Now places a stronger emphasis on Human Resource Management, offering a comprehensive suite of features used to manage employee information, administer benefits, and optimize talent management practices.
On the other hand, Kronos Workforce Management takes a stronger operational focus and provides users with a suite of features for time and attendance tracking, employee scheduling, and comprehensive analytics.
3) Options for Deployment
When it comes to implementing a new software solution, choosing the right deployment option (i.e., on-premise or cloud-based) for your organization’s needs is critical to your success, especially for companies with specific IT infrastructure or compliance requirements.
Kronos Workforce Management solutions can be deployed both on-premise or in the cloud, making it easier for customers to implement their software in a way that best fits their needs. ADP Workforce Now operates primarily in the cloud to simplify implementation practices and allow users to access their system whenever and wherever they need it.
4) Industry-Specific Solutions
Both ADP Workforce Now and Kronos Workforce Management offer solutions for users across a wide range of industries, however Kronos provides advanced features that optimize functionality for organizations in industries where scheduling and labor management are critical operations.
ADP Workforce Now, on the other hand, allows businesses with a wider variety of workforce management needs, including Professional Services Automation and Finance, to connect their operations and improve process efficiency across the entire workforce.
Core Timekeeping Solutions
While Kronos and ADP both contain the built-in tools and access to comprehensive resources needed to manage your entire workforce, their Time and Attendance functions are what set each solution apart from other competitors.
Here are a few key components and capabilities of each timekeeping solution for customers…
Kronos Time and Attendance
Kronos Workforce Central, Workforce Ready, and Workforce Dimensions solutions provide built-in timekeeping functionality to ensure worker hours are entered correctly and employees are paid accurately and on-time.
- Built-in Database: Manages and stores valuable employee data, including emergency contact information and demographic information, in a centralized source of truth.
- Multi-user Support: Allows companies with employees in different departments and locations to add users, manage system operations, and keep better track of time and attendance data.
- Billing and Invoicing: Automatically generates bills and invoices to keep track of billable and non-billable hours, accurately run payroll, and efficiently manage costs.
- Automated Timekeeping: Eliminates the need for manual entry of hours worked after each shift and optimizes time tracking processes to give employees more time to focus on their actual jobs.
ADP Enterprise eTime
The ADP Enterprise eTime platform is essentially a white-labeled version of the Kronos Time and Attendance Management solution, so it functions similarly to UKG products on the backend, but it looks like ADP for end-users on the frontend.
- Accurate Time Tracking: Provides advanced tracking and reporting capabilities to ensure accurate calculation of hours worked and personalize notifications to stay up-to-date with timecard statuses or approaching overtime hours.
- Effective Scheduling: Allows managers to schedule employees based on individual skill sets, certifications, preference, availability, and business demand to ensure positions stay filled and employee satisfaction is achieved.
- Personalized Notifications: Automatically send and receive personalized notifications when timecards are approved or edited by managers or other staff members to improve employee choice across business units.
- Absence Management: Simplifies time-off requests, leave administration, and absence management to keep better track of time infractions and ensure employees are paid accurately for their time.
How Can We Help?
Whether you need help integrating Kronos and ADP within your organization, an extra hand navigating agreements between parties in an ADP Kronos partnership, or additional support outlining the steps needed to automate workforce management processes across the board, Surety Systems is here to help.
Our team of senior-level Workforce Management consultants have the technical skills and functional expertise needed to optimize your Kronos and ADP Workforce solutions and lead your employees to success, regardless of the size of your company or scope of your project.
Getting Started with Us
Interested in learning more about Kronos ADP integrations?
Ready to find out where our team of WFM consultants can fit in your organization?Contact us today!