Managing digital transformation strategies, technology upgrades, and transitions to cloud-based software is a tough job in itself. Try thinking about how to keep your data safe, secure, and organized in one place at the same time and you’ll probably feel a little overwhelmed.
Fortunately, this is where SAP Master Data Governance comes in. With simplified data management, governance, and consolidation capabilities, this solution will change the way your master data is managed, making your life easier and the quality of your data better.
This article will give you an SAP MDG overview, as well as highlight some of the key features and benefits of the solution.
What is SAP MDG?
SAP Master Data Governance (MDG) is a data management solution made to govern data across your entire organization and build the foundation for core data handling processes. SAP MDG makes it easier than ever for companies to create, consolidate, change, and distribute data from a centralized location to their entire workforce.
SAP Master Data Governance’s automated workflows and centralized data management solutions enable companies to improve data quality, integrity, and transparency across your organization. And, with more centralized, accurate, and relevant data, employees, managers, and company executives are able to make better, more informed decisions.
Master Data Governance on SAP S/4HANA
Master Data Governance on S/4HANA, also known as the “Private Cloud Edition”, is based on the SAP S/4HANA data model and is delivered on-premise or in a privately-owned cloud. This solution can help you not only improve the quality and accuracy of your data, but it can also reduce your total cost of ownership (TOC).
Here are a few main components of the the S/4HANA based MDG solution:
- Enterprise wide, multi-domain master data management
- Business Partner, Financials, Custom Objects, and Material data domains
- Centralized Data Replication Framework
- Data quality management, consolidation, and central governance
Master Data Governance Cloud Edition
The SAP Master Data Governance Cloud Edition is based on One Domain Model, focuses on core attributes only, and is delivered through the public cloud. The cloud MDG solution has minimal barriers to entry and offers the cloud functionality needed to control master data governance scenarios at a pace that works for you and your team.
Here are the main features of the cloud-based MDG solution:
- Based in the SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP ABAP) architecture
- Modular Master Data Management (MDM) approach
- Customer and Supplier data domain
- SAP Master Data Integration (MDI) replication framework
- Centralized data governance, consolidation, and quality management
Key Benefits of Master Data Governance Software
Now that you know a little more about SAP Master Data Governance and its main editions, let’s chat about the major benefits of MDG for your organization.
- Central governance: Workflow routing and connected system notifications allow different organizational teams to govern their data more effectively. With MDG, SAP users can own and control their own master data attributes, improving the transparency and compliance of important data in the process.
- Data consolidation: Data governance in SAP makes mass updating and processing of large amounts of data easier by providing a single source of truth to connect all SAP and non-SAP data sources. SAP MDG consolidates master data within your system, simplifies duplicate mapping, and builds the most accurate record for your data.
- Quality of data and analytics: Integration with SAP Smart Business and Data Services simplifies data measurement to improve the quality of data across your organization. SAP data governance solutions help users build and manage business rules to control data quality and analyze the performance of important master data.
- Seamless integration: SAP Master Data Governance comes with the capability to integrate seamlessly with other SAP modules and applications, including the reuse of data models, business logic, and validation standards. The solution also leverages a standard model to integrate SAP and non-SAP systems with ease.
How is SAP Master Data Management (MDM) Different?
While the SAP Master Data Governance tool helps govern the data across your entire organization, SAP Master Data Management is used on specific platforms to validate the source of the master data across SAP and non-SAP systems. With a solution like SAP MDM, your organization can take charge of its own master data management initiative and leverage the robust integration and distribution functionality to manage and maintain data more effectively and efficiently.
SAP Master Data Management enables your team to:
- Distribute data directly to your ERP system using process integration
- Keep track of data changes with the functional MDM tool
- Build context for complex data
- Cleans, restructures, and rationalizes data within your SAP environment
- Stores master data objects from SAP and non-SAP sources
- Provides a central place to manage, maintain, and store important business data
How Can We Help?
Your company. Your needs. Our expertise.
Whether your team needs help building a corporate master data management strategy, an extra hand consolidating large volumes of data between systems, additional support integrating SAP Master Data Governance strategies across your organization, or anything in between, Surety Systems can help.
Our team of senior-level SAP consultants have the skills and experience needed to guide your team through complex data governance, consolidation, and analysis processes.
Surety Senior SAP Master Data Governance Consultant
- US Citizen
- 25+ years of SAP MDM/MDG experience
- Optimized and standardized SAP Supply Chain, Production Planning, and Fiannce applications design
- Well-versed handling majority of SAP Master Data Objects; Srong with SAP Master Data Workflows
- Experience with large scale system Implementation, Integration, Interfaces and Data Conversion
- Comfortable in SAP S/4HANA, including Fiori Applications, Data Governance, & Data Strategy
Contact us today to learn more or get started with one of our SAP experts.