In the age of digital transformation, access to critical business applications, services, and information is the key to success for companies in any industry. Fortunately, this is where the SAP Enterprise Portal (EP) comes in to help!
The SAP Enterprise Portal is designed to provide a single point of access to various applications and information sources, making it easier for users to interact with the SAP systems and access data, tools, and processes from a centralized and user-friendly interface.
Keep reading to learn about the key capabilities of SAP EP, how it can improve the connection between your critical SAP Fiori apps and other enterprise services, and where our team of SAP consultants can fit in your organization.
What is SAP EP?
SAP Enterprise Portal (EP) is a web-based front-end component for SAP NetWeaver, a comprehensive integration platform that enables organizations to align their people, data, and business processes across company locations and systems.
With EP SAP functionality, companies can view and manage their most critical SAP and non-SAP information sources, databases, data repositories, and enterprise applications from a single point of access. Users can also leverage mobile-enabled capabilities to access the portal from their desktop and mobile devices.
The secure and scalable architecture of the SAP Enterprise Portal makes it easier than ever to create portals that utilize the intelligence and responsiveness of the SAP Fiori launchpad service and improve knowledge transfer across systems.
Main Usage Types for the SAP Enterprise Portal
There are two main usage types associated with the SAP Enterprise Portal, including:
Enterprise Portal (EP)
The complete Enterprise Portal (EP) installation includes both the Collaboration and Knowledge Management add-on capabilities, which offer a central point of access for unstructured information from multiple data sources and allow better collaboration and communication between users and project groups across the portal. The EP version requires the Enterprise Portal Core (EPC) as a prerequisite.
Enterprise Portal Core (EPC)
The EP Core (EPC)- Application Portal offers basic, lean installation capabilities that can be utilized when full enterprise portal capabilities are not required or unavailable. With pre-built integrations for SAP NetWeaver, SAP EPC also provides centralized task management capabilities through a unified worklist (UWL), making it easier to manage, delegate, and respond to critical business tasks.
Key Features of SAP’s Enterprise Portal
- Customized experiences: Allows end users to personalize their portal experience, including page themes, layouts, and favorites.
- Intelligent app launching: Leverages client services, like navigation and search, to launch integrated web applications, including the SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP), Web Dynpro for ABAP, SAP GUI, and more.
- Role-based access: Provides centralized access to critical data and business processes across multiple channels and ensures only authorized users have access.
- Pre-defined content: Offers access to pre-defined content and work item lists from the Universal Work List through a well-established, user-friendly interface.
- Remote content provider: Enables users to expose existing Enterprise Portal and new content through remote content provider configurations for some services in the SAP Work Zone, SAP BTP, and other enterprise platforms.
How Can We Help?
Whether you need help getting started with SAP Cloud solutions for the first time, additional support navigating integrations with the SAP Fiori launchpad, or just an extra hand ensuring all internal team members are on the right track, Surety Systems can help.
Our senior-level, US-based SAP consultant team has the knowledge, skills, and experience needed to handle all your project needs and lead you to success, no matter what.
Getting Started with Our Team
Interested in learning how the SAP Enterprise Portal can improve application development, management, and collaboration across your internal systems? Ready to get started on a project with our team of SAP consultants?
Contact us today for more information!