In today’s modern, data-driven business landscape, organizations have an increasing need to harness the power of their own data to improve data visualization, transform raw data into actionable insights and make more informed decisions across teams…
This is where SAP Crystal Reports come in to help.
With its intuitive interface and flexible reporting tools, SAP Crystal Reports empowers users to create dynamic reports and dashboards from nearly any data source and enables them to access and interact with reports on multiple different devices, including desktop portals, Microsoft Office applications, and mobile devices.
This article will discuss the key components and capabilities of SAP Crystal Reports, as well as where our team of SAP consultants can come in to help maximize the potential of your reports and make the most of your technological investments over time.
Read on to learn more!
What are Crystal Reports in SAP?
SAP Crystal Reports are business intelligence (BI) tools designed to help business users create reports from SAP and non-SAP data sources, including Microsoft Excel, Oracle, and SQL Server, and maintain compliance with standard data access protocols, no matter what.
With the functionality included in SAP Crystal Reports, companies are enabled to generate and share reports that facilitate better data analysis across teams, connect operations to virtually any data source across their organizational landscape, and improve overall efficiency.
Understanding Different Versions of SAP Crystal Reports
- Visual Studio: This version allows users to generate interactive reports, integrate reports with Microsoft applications, and automate report generation without the need for SQL programming expertise.
- Viewer: The Viewer version provides the tools needed to access, view, and share reports without support from IT teams and leverage intuitive report navigation features to find and export reports to popular or required formats.
- Eclipse: This version offers tools to help users embed reports into Java applications, access other major databases, and make changes to existing reports for extended functionality and connection between sources and systems.
Key Capabilities of SAP Crystal Solutions
From financial reporting and sales analysis to inventory management and customer profiling, the SAP Crystal Reports solution offers a versatile toolkit to address diverse reporting needs.
Here are a few of the main capabilities of SAP Crystal Reports for users…
Access and View Business Data
With SAP Crystal Reports, users can leverage conditional formatting, sub-reports, and drag-and-drop simplicity to make sense of their data and identify connections between data sources for better visibility and accessibility.
SAP Crystal Report capabilities allow for reliable connection to any data source, including…
- Data sources: Allows for integrations between Open Database Connectivity, Java Database Connectivity, Salesforce, and other functional data sources.
- Flat files: Allows for the connection between flat files like Microsoft Excel files, XML, web logs, and other file systems.
- Databases: Allows for the consolidation of data from databases, including SAP HANA, Microsoft SQL Server, and more, in a single solution.
Share Data from Multiple Data Sources
SAP Crystal Reports provide the functionality needed to provide and share ready-to-consume information, including loyalty card reports, pixel perfect-documents, promotion campaigns, and more, for users across the entire enterprise, and beyond.
With this functionality in Crystal Reports, SAP users are enabled to…
- Leverage a user-friendly tool and intuitive interface available in up to 28 languages
- Use Crystal services and self-service tools to create operations reports and improve the connection between virtually any data source
- Define user rights to access and print reports containing important business data, connect various data sources, and interpret important information more efficiently
Create Interactive Reports
Crystal Reporting capabilities in SAP allow users to leverage conditional formatting and drag-amd-drop functionality to create simplified reports and guide teams through complex sorting and grouping tasks for important business data.
The SAP Crystal Reports solution provides a suite of capabilities to improve reporting and analytics functions, including…
- Additional reporting flexibility through data parameters and other product wizards
- Share and export reports to popular/required formats for better data consistency
- Embed images and bar codes to expand beyond regular reporting capabilities
- Provide dynamic documents and forms for better knowledge and collaboration between business leaders and reporting teams
How Can We Help?
Whether you are a novice data analyst, a company executive, or an IT professional seeking to enhance reporting capabilities, understanding how SAP Crystal Reports (and our team of SAP consultants) can help your organization improve data visualization and initiate data-driven success across the entire enterprise.
Our team of senior level, US-based consultants has the knowledge, skills, and expertise needed to help organizations leverage the SAP Crystal Server for enhanced reporting capabilities, simplify data analysis and reporting tasks, and provide guidance and support to make the most of your investments over time.
Your technology. Your priorities. Our expertise. That’s just how we roll at Surety Systems.
Partnering with the Best
Interested in learning where our team of SAP consultants can fit in your organization?
Ready to leverage SAP BusinessObjects Crystal Reports to create, analyze, and deliver intuitive reports for simplified data management and improved connectivity between data sources, but don’t know where to begin?
Contact us today for more information about our team and how we can help!