In today’s rapidly evolving business landscape, harnessing the power of data and providing actionable insights has become a critical imperative for organizations seeking to gain a competitive edge…
This is where SAP Analytics Cloud comes in to help!
As a cloud-based platform, SAP Analytics Cloud transcends the limitations of traditional analytics tools by offering a comprehensive suite of features ranging from interactive data visualization and collaborative decision-making to advanced predictive analytics and integrated planning capabilities.
Read on to learn more!
What is SAP Analytics Cloud?
SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) is a cloud-based data visualization tool offered as a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and designed to help business users leverage business intelligence (BI), planning, and predictive analytics functions to improve data visibility, accessibility, and management across teams.
Main Features of the SAP SAC Solution
SAP Analytics Cloud architecture is designed to be as accessible as possible, meaning users don’t have to be a part of the company’s IT team to access the solution or view highlighted key indicators.
This way, companies can utilize data more efficiently, connect core SAP solutions in a single suite, and manage data analysis activities in real-time.
Here are the main features included in the SAC SAP solution:
- Data access: SAP Analytics Cloud allows data to be collected through data import or direct read from the database. With data import, information can be collected through a file, SAP system, SQL database, or OData service. And with direct read, users can capture real-time data by connecting it to an integrated SAP system, like the SAP Business Technology Platform or SAP Business Warehouse.
- Data modeling: The data modeling feature allows users to improve data preparation with additional features, like adding indicators, modifying values of recovered characteristics, and inserting formulas.
- Data visualization: The data visualization component allows users to view, explore, and highlight data in graphs, tables, or other advanced visualizations.
SAP Analytics Cloud offers artificial intelligence innovations to help users highlight relevant data metrics, facilitate more efficient business processes, and predict future results.
With tools like smart discovery, off-trend record detection, and more, SAC in SAP enables business users to improve predictive analysis and promote more accurate and efficient decision-making in the future.
With advanced business planning functionalities, SAP Analytics Cloud combines financial and operational statements in the same solution, offering a complete view of current business processes and creating budget planning versions over time.
By leveraging pre-built predictive forecasting and machine learning tools, users can anticipate future financials and perform “What if” simulations to ensure analytical tools are used efficiently and effectively.
Core Components of the SAP Analytics Cloud
Let’s take a closer look at the main components that comprise the SAP Analytics Cloud solution:
A model in SAP Analytics Cloud refers to a representation of large amounts of business data from different source systems, and it allows business users to define and measure the dimensions used to build data visualizations, calculations, and filters. Users can either create a blank model with one or more measures, convert existing source data into target currencies, or modify models from acquired data.
A few key features of the Modeler tool include:
- New model type
- Classic account model
- Model, dimension, and version security
- Model hierarchies
- Points of interest
- Currency conversion measures
- Model rebuilding
- Import and export options
SAP Analytics Cloud offers various planning tools enabling users to create and update model data, carry out essential planning tasks, and improve team collaboration. At the surface level, planning features in the SAP SAC solution are used by typing values directly into table cells within existing planning models.
SAP Analytics Cloud offers a few core planning features, including:
- Data entry
- Version management
- Currency conversion
- Input tasks
- Predictive planning scenarios
- Data actions
- Structured allocations
3) Analytics Hub
The Analytics Hub is offered to all SAP SAC users, including IT administrators and content authors, making managing enterprise-wide access to all data analytics tools spread across disparate platforms and applications more accessible. This way, users can extend the capabilities of the SAP Analytics Cloud, create new analytics applications, and leverage APIs to integrate augmented analytics into existing applications.
The Analytics Hub includes the following features:
- Creation, editing, and validation
- Usage statistics
- Structure and design management
- Mobile access
- Content translation
- Element upload
- User management
4) Content Network
The Content Network enables users to import, export, and share content packages from the SAP Analytics Cloud, eliminating the need to upload and download files to move content across systems and simplifying data models across the entire organization.
The Content Network offers several tools and capabilities to improve content management:
- Public and private content differentiation
- Advanced scheduling tools
- Workflow import
- Custom settings for sharing destinations
- Options for overwrite
- Buy and import content from the SAP App Center
5) Mobile App
SAP Analytics Cloud offers a mobile application designed to help users access actual data and analytics whenever and wherever they’re needed. This way, both Android and iOS users can connect their mobile app to the SAP Analytics Cloud in the office or on the go.
The mobile app offers a few key features, including:
- Single sign-on capabilities
- Digital boardroom and stories on mobile
- Data sharing and collaboration
- Receive and manage notifications
- Mobile application management
- SAP Analytics Cloud iOS SDK
- HANA variables and input parameters
SAP Analytics Cloud provides and supports connections to various data source systems, including live and import data connections to systems like SAP HANA, SAP BW, SAP S/4HANA, Google Drive, OData Services, and more.
Here are the critical differentiations between live and import data connections:
- Live data connections: Allows users to access and work with data that cannot be accessed or moved into the cloud for security or privacy reasons or data that already exists on a different cloud system. These connections are available for cloud and on-premise data sources, use existing data models for analysis, and update data visualizations and stories in real time.
- Import data connections: Allows users to access data imported from external source systems, replicate data within SAP Analytics Cloud, create new models with the Modeler tool, and update data visualizations and stories when refreshed.
7) Smart Capabilities
With smart features and capabilities in SAP Analytics Cloud, users can streamline business workflows, convert actionable insights into actual business value, and improve decision-making over time.
SAP Analytics Cloud offers the following intelligent features:
- Smart Insights
- Smart Discovery
- Smart Grouping
- Search to Insight
Key Benefits of SAP Analytics Cloud
- Data Integration and Visualization: The platform supports seamless integration with various data sources, including SAP and non-SAP systems, enabling users to analyze and visualize data from multiple sources in one place. Data visualization tools also allow users to create interactive dashboards and reports.
- Predictive Analytics: SAP Analytics Cloud includes advanced predictive analytics capabilities, empowering organizations to uncover patterns, trends, and insights from their data to make informed decisions. And with the ability to connect to live data sources, SAP Analytics Cloud enables real-time analytics, ensuring that decisions are based on the most up-to-date information available.
- Collaboration and Sharing: The platform offers collaboration features that allow users to share dashboards and reports with colleagues, providing a collaborative environment for data analysis and decision-making.
- Planning and Budgeting: In addition to analytics, SAP Analytics Cloud provides planning and budgeting capabilities, enabling organizations to create, manage, and adjust financial plans within the same platform.
- Data Security: SAP Analytics Cloud places a strong emphasis on data security, offering features like encryption, role-based access control, and compliance with industry standards to protect sensitive information.
- Natural Language Query: The platform supports natural language processing and querying, allowing users to ask questions in plain language and receive relevant visualizations and insights, making data exploration more intuitive.
How Can Surety Systems Help?
Whether you need help connecting the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence suite with the Analytics Cloud, additional support creating analytic applications with the Analytics Designer, or just an extra hand maintaining your complete SAP portfolio, Surety Systems is here to help.
Our team of senior-level, US-based SAP consultants have the skills and experience needed to handle all your project needs. Your technology. Your priorities. Our expertise. That’s just the way we roll.
Getting Started with Our Team
Interested in learning more about SAP Analytics Cloud capabilities or where our team of expert SAP consultants can fit in your organization?
Contact us today to get started!