Transform Your JDE Experience with UX One
User Experience (also known as UX) is probably one of the most important features in today’s software. That’s because a powerful-but-unwieldy solution forces users to expend their precious brainpower struggling with a tool that would be better spent on solving problems with that tool. A well-designed UX creates a simple, seamless, and enjoyable experience for the user, which is what Oracle is dedicated to delivering to JD Edwards users with UX One.
Among other new user-centric features, UX One will allow you to easily create and respond to customization alerts. Let’s take a closer look at what it can do for you and your organization.
What is UX One?
UX One is a role-based solution that delivers the tools you need to configure and personalize your user experience, empowering to to be more efficient and less dependent on your IT team to create new pages. It also provides data visualization—such as maps, charts, and diagrams—enabling you to work the way you want to work.
Personalization Made Easy
UX One includes role-based landing pages for more than 50 different roles, including Accounts Payable Manager, Human Resource Manager, Safety Manager, and Project Manager—just to name a few. With UX One’s Page Composer feature, any user can easily personalize their dashboard to view the information they need to make informed and timely decisions without technical or developer experience.
The new dashboard is based on the Alert > Analyze > Act paradigm, a concept that allows you to stay informed of the changes in your business using role-based UX Composed Pages, which can be accessed from your desktop or mobile device. Here’s how it works:
The user receives a notification. (For example, an invoice is overdue or a piece of equipment needs maintenance.)
The user evaluates the details of the alert and decides how to act.
The user takes action. (Paying the invoice, repairing the equipment, and so forth.)
Getting Started with Configuration and Personalization
Configuring and personalizing your experience in UX One is made easy with these essential tools:
- Personal Forms—An easy way to optimize and display information that’s relevant to your role, industry, and personal preference.
- Media Object Viewer—Media object enhancements allow you to drag and drop content, right-click to access context menus, and access media objects from within the application.
- Composed Pages—These are EnterpriseOne pages with user-defined layouts that you can create and design. With Composed Pages, you can access web pages, EnterpriseOne application forms, One View Reports, Classic Pages, Designer Panes, Watchlist Panes, Springboard Panes, and more from page layouts you create in EnterpriseOne.
- Analytics Components—Analytics content can be personalized by creating your own queries and can be downloaded in a local development environment or Oracle’s JET. Some examples include bar/pie charts and form/data aggregation/data browser service requests.
- List View—The list view grid format allows you to stack columns vertically, making information easier to view and find. (You can customize this using Grid Format Manager.)
- Springboard Pane—You can add Springboard Panes to Composed Pages to provide a collection of tasks for a role. These can be pulled from EnterpriseOne apps, batch programs, ADF apps, and One View Reports.
- CafeOne—Composite Application Framework allows you to combine information from different sources within an EnterpriseOne form so that you can view related information all on one screen.
Ready to Take Advantage of UX One?
This new-and-improved user interface is just one enhancement that might entice you to upgrade to the latest application release. But in case you need another one, don’t forget about EnterpriseOne Search. (It’s like Google for JD Edwards!) When you’re ready to take advantage of all these new features, our senior-level JD Edwards consultants can help you upgrade with ease. Contact us today.