When it comes to managing your core financial operations, you want to ensure you have the most efficient, accurate, and reliable software possible, right?
Well, luckily for you, that’s where JD Edwards comes in to help.
With JD Edwards Financial Management and Accounting solutions, your company has the right accessibility and functionality needed to monitor core software development processes to ensure proper capabilities, manage database optimization functions to keep core stakeholders in the loop, generate JD Edwards reports to improve enterprise resource planning, and more.
Read on to learn more about JD Edwards Accounting software, as well as where our team of senior-level consultants can fit in your organization.
What is JD Edwards Software?
JD Edwards (JDE) is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) software solution designed to help companies of all sizes, locations, and industries manage, monitor, and optimize their core business processes, including Financial Management, Distribution, Manufacturing, and Human Capital Management (HCM).
With JDE software, organizations are enabled to…
- Manage Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), and General Ledger (GL) data and fixed assets more accurately and efficiently
- Monitor purchase orders (POs), sales orders (SOs), requisitions, and overall demand
- Optimize Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transactions, third-party barcoding software (DSI/RF Smart) integrations, and Bills of Materials
- Manage benefits, compensation, payroll, and timekeeping operations
- Improve efficiency, productivity, and engagement through advanced features and employee and manager self-service functionality
The OG Accounting Software
JD Edwards World General Accounting Software is part of Oracle’s JD Edwards World Financial Management suite of applications designed to not only provide a flexible accounting framework for your financial operations, but also seamlessly integrate with other functional applications within JD Edwards ERP software, like Supply Chain Management, HCM, Distribution, and more.
JDE World Accounting software provides users with the functionality needed to organize financial operations by company, business units, and other user-defined codes, record and analyze important financial information, and react quickly to change without a major data conversion project. With this solution, organizations can also access and analyze real-time financial data and tailor their reporting structure within JDE to adapt with, meet, and exceed core business requirements.
The New Kid on the Block
Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Financial Management solution offers a fully integrated suite of applications to help companies optimize cash and expense management processes, manage accounts payable and receivable, meet financial consolidation and reporting needs, keep track of joint ventures, and more.
Here’s a closer look at the main accounting functions within the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Financial Management solution…
Fixed Asset Accounting
JD Edwards Fixed Accounting software offers a more effective way to track assets, generate fixed asset reports, track assets for financial and reporting needs, maintain purchase requests for assets, and more.
Fixed Asset Accounting in the JDE ERP system enables users to…
- Keep track of alternate depreciation projections
- Easily define alternate ledgers and user defined codes to improve decision-making processes throughout your Financial Management applications
- Optimize budgeting, planning, and forecasting procedures
- Adapt quickly and efficiently to change across the organization
- Solve issues without complex coding or custom programming
- Automate system functions to update asset information as needed on a daily, monthly, quarterly, or annual basis
Advanced Cost Accounting
The Advanced Cost Accounting solution provides the core foundation and advanced features needed to analyze profitability by combining activity-based costing and traditional managerial accounting procedures in the same place.
With enhanced capabilities, JDE users can access and analyze financial information not typically accessible with traditional accounting methods.
Here are a few of the main capabilities of the EnterpriseOne Advanced Cost Accounting tool…
- Leverage automatic capturing functionality to assess direct costs and revenues and assign values to indirect costs
- Understand which products, services, and market segments produce the highest return on investment (ROI) and reduce overall costs
- Support core business processes and accounting standards for companies of any size
- Maintain complete financial integrity
- Leverage extended business processes to interact with customers and business partners
- Conduct “what-if” analysis on different financial assumptions
- Seamlessly connect to all other applications in JD Edwards ERP systems
- Use integrated cost analysis tools to record, arrange, and analyze managerial accounting data without impacting other important financial accounting data
The JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Lease Management solution offers programs and procedures that are designed to enable lessees and lessors of assets (i.e., property, non-property) to account for a manage leases more accurately on financial statements.
JDE Lease Accounting and Management software allows users to…
- More accurately recognize revenue across the organization
- Automate lease-related processes, including uploading, entering, and maintaining lease requirements and standards throughout the entire lease term
- Leverage both new and existing accounting functionality across the entire ERP system
- Quickly and efficiently report revenues from rental properties
- Maintain compliance with FASB 842 and IFRS 16 regulations
- Recognize revenue from rent (i.e., recurring billings) evenly over the lifecycle of the lease
Key Integrations for the Solution
JD Edwards Accounting software offers pre-built connections to other JD Edwards applications, including Supply Chain Management, Inventory Management, Human Capital Management, Distribution, and Manufacturing in one fully integrated system.
Whether you’re comfortable with JD Edwards World Accounting software or you’ve taken advantage of advanced capabilities and features in the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Accounting solution, key integrations with other JDE applications or third-party tools can be the difference in successful ERP systems and those that operate with less-than-optimal functionality.
With an integrated system like JDE, users can keep better track of their financial and operational data, optimize core business processes, and make the most of their technological investment in the long run.
How Can We Help?
Whether you need help implementing ERP packages like JD Edwards World or JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, filling project management needs for complex integration projects, optimizing your databases and operating systems to meet critical business needs, or anything else related to JD Edwards, Surety Systems is here to help.
And, to give you a better idea of what to expect when partnering with us, we’ve included a sample profile of one of our top-notch JDE consultants…
Surety Senior JD Edwards Accounting Software Consultant
- JD Edwards Financial Business Analysis since 1997
- 25+ years of experience tied to JD Edwards Accounting Software
- Expert with all work connected to the JDE Financials Suite, including AP, AR, GL, & FA
- Spent 15+ years working in EnterpriseOne environment
- Has completed multiple World to EnterpriseOne conversions
- Development background, solid experience with OMW/UBE development
Your technology. Your priorities. Our expertise. That’s the name of the game with us.
Getting Started with Us
Our team of senior-level JD Edwards consultants has the technical skills, functional expertise, and real-world experience needed to lead you to success. Regardless of the size, scale, or scope of your JDE system or project needs, we’ve got you covered.
With our JDE consulting services, your company will not only be able to manage your financial operations more efficiently, but also build a strong foundation to support financial management solutions, adapt quickly to change in your JD Edwards environment or entire industry, and improve financial reporting accuracy an efficiency.
Next Steps for You
Interested in learning more about our JD Edwards consulting services? Ready to get started on a project with one of our top-notch JD Edwards consultants?
Contact us today!