A CRM solution, by definition, is a tool for managing the relationship between your business and your customers. It serves as a repository for all sorts of information, such as customer contact details, buying history, potential sales opportunities, service records, and more. It makes sense, then, for Salesforce to offer specific modules and clouds dedicated to serving these various needs.
In this article, we’ll focus specifically on Salesforce Marketing Cloud, a marketing platform designed to help an organization not only manage interactions with their current customers across various channels, but also potential customers as well.
Let’s take a closer look.
What is Salesforce Marketing Cloud?
The primary purpose of Salesforce Marketing Cloud is to make it as easy as possible for you to put your customer at the center of every experience they have with you. Whether it’s through email, social media, or by phone, Salesforce Marketing Cloud helps you manage those interactions within a single platform, enabling your marketing team to deliver the right message at the right time throughout all phases of the customer journey.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud comes equipped with a wide variety of features to accomplish this goal, including integrated solutions for customer journey management, email, mobile, web, social, personalization, advertising, content creation and management, and data analysis. It’s even equipped with predictive analytics and a cool component called Journey Builder so that you can tailor campaigns to a customer’s needs, demographics, and communication channel preferences.
Marketers also like the cloud’s event-driven triggers to initiate actions. For example, imagine that a customer joins your loyalty program. Marketing Cloud could automatically trigger a welcome email and/or send a data update in the customer contact record based on that interaction, all without your having to lift a finger.
Benefits of Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Organizations of all sizes use Salesforce Marketing Cloud to develop and nurture their customer relationships, including business-to-business (B2B) companies, nonprofits, and business-to-consumer (B2C) companies alike. No doubt they enjoy the solutions numerous benefits, including…
360-degree View of the Customer
Marketing Cloud allows you to connect data from different sources and devices within the platform to get a single, unified vision of the customer. You can also capture and activate first-, second-, and third-party data, making the solution even more flexible.
Engage with Customers Through the Right Channels
The platform enables customized communication with customers based on their relationship with the company, all through the help of artificial intelligence (AI) with Einstein.
Interact Throughout the Journey
Marketing Cloud generates attention and awareness during the entire customer journey in real time, providing you with up-to-date insights so that you can offer the best options to your customers.
Thanks to its built-in artificial intelligence and other analytics tools, Marketing Cloud makes it simple to measure the customer journey across different channels and devices.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Products
Besides being integrated inside the Salesforce ecosystem (allowing you to take advantage of whatever investment you’ve already made into your Salesforce ecosystem), Marketing Cloud includes these other tools:
- Advertising Studio—Manage acquisitions, retargeting, and alignment campaigns to acquire and re-engage customers.
- Audience Studio—Capture data from any source and unify that data in a single place.
- Data Studio—Discover your audience, acquire data, and act on that data.
- Datorama—A central hub for all your marketing data, investments, and KPIs.
- Email Studio—Build customized campaigns of email marketing.
- Google Analytics 360—Use insights from customers to understand them better and drive smarter engagements.
- Interaction Studio—Visualize customer experiences in real time and connect through any interaction.
- Journey Builder—A marketing automation solution you can use to create customized customer journeys through multiple channels.
- Mobile Studio—Personalize mobile interactions like SMS, push notifications, and chat messaging.
- Pardot—Specifically designed for the B2B customer, Pardot makes marketing automation easier to empower sales teams.
- Social Studio—Listen, engage, and publish across social media channels.
Getting Started with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
If you need subject-matter expertise with Salesforce, Surety Systems can help. Our senior-level Salesforce consulting team can do the hard work for you so that you can take advantage of this marketing tool and focus on what matters: your customers. If you think your business could benefit from the addition of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, or you have any other Salesforce need, we are here to help.
Contact us today to get started.