Finding a software solution that allows you to seamlessly connect your Human Resources and Payroll operations in the same place can seem like quite the uphill battle sometimes…
But, what if we told you a solution like that exists? It does!
Human Resource Management System (HRMS) Payroll software gives companies of all sizes and industries the tools needed to manage their payroll processing and HR functions in one place, reducing administrative burdens on HR staff and improving overall process efficiency.
Rather than trying to “make do” with a standalone solution or HR software that happens to include a payroll module, Human Resource Management System Payroll software makes it easier integrate compliance payroll, and HR automation functions and drive better business outcomes in the long run.
Read on to learn more!
What Does HRMS Payroll Management Look Like?
Typically, a cloud-based HRMS has Human Resources Information System (HRIS) elements and Human Capital Management (HCM) abilities. Human Resource Management System Payroll software refers to intelligent solutions that provide single portal access to both HR and payroll functions, including the integration of benefits administration and payroll records with information and tasks controlled in HR-related systems.
With functional Human Resource Management software solutions, companies can ensure their employees have access to their own information and required tasks and take control of their own processes to improve efficiency, data accuracy, and performance across the board.
An HRMS Payroll system helps employees complete a wide range of tasks, including…
- Reducing the manual workload and time required to complete HR and payroll tasks
- Calculating and paying salaries accurately and efficiently across departments
- Optimizing recruiting, onboarding, and performance management processes to retain top-tier talent on all internal teams
- Withholding the right amount of deductions and taxes for each employee
- Maintaining employee records to ensure up-to-date and accurate data for employees
- Checking, printing, and delivering paychecks to employees (or depositing pay directly into employee bank accounts through direct deposit functions)
- Managing payroll records, including bank account details and pay frequency, to keep employee compensation data safe and secure
How to Choose the Right Payroll HRMS Software
By understanding the requirements for a new HRMS Payroll solution and considering all relevant factors, like cost, flexibility, extensibility, opportunities for customization, and more, companies can make more informed software decisions and save themselves valuable time and money over time.
Here are a few key steps in choosing the right payroll and HRMS solutions for your teams…
1) Identify requirements for a new system.
When it comes to choosing an HRMS Payroll solution that best fits the needs of your employees and your organization as a whole, identifying your “non-negotiables” (i.e., specific features and capabilities that must be included in the software) is critical to your success.
2) Determine the right solution for your needs.
After you’ve nailed down the necessary requirements for your new system, your team should research possible software solutions to compare the core features, availability, flexibility, and price of each option and ensure you choose the one that’s best for your organization.
Whether you end up going with the full suite of applications within Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) or the comprehensive features of Kronos Workforce Ready, determining the right software vendor for your team is a step that can’t be missed.
3) Outline necessary integrations.
Integrations between human resources and payroll management technology can help organizations ensure more efficient movement of data across teams and avoid data duplication with each solution and their associated areas of the organization.
To ensure you make the most of your technology investments, it’s important to consider any possible integrations between internal HR software and external, payroll-specific systems.
4) Test the software.
Once you’ve made it through all the planning and configuration stages of implementation for your new HRMS Payroll software, you need to ensure the new solution is aligned with core business goals and objectives and check for any potential issues or bugs in the software.
5) Facilitate user adoption across teams.
Now that your new software is configured correctly and your team has tested each area to ensure proper functionality, managers and other key stakeholders are responsible for teaching employees how to manage their data and complete tasks in the new system.
Key Components of HRMS Payroll Software
Here are a few key components available across HRMS Payroll software solutions…
By connecting core HR and payroll management functions in a single solution, companies can facilitate more efficient tax filing processes, expedite compensation planning, and maintain accurate and up-to-date payment information. This ensures employees are paid on time and correctly for their time.
Employee Self-Service Tools
HRMS Payroll solutions offer an intuitive employee self-service portal that allows employees to manage their own information and complete tasks on their own time, whether they’re in the office, on-the-go, or sitting at home.
With self-service capabilities, employees are enabled to request time off and access current balances, modify information in their employee profile, manage pay stubs, and so much more.
HRMS software simplifies benefits enrollment and administration — from helping employees choose the most suitable benefits plan for their needs to managing retirement savings plans, considering deductible rates for health insurance packages, and anything in between.
Main Advantages of HRMS and Payroll Software
Let’s take a closer look at a few key advantages of bringing your human resources and payroll processes together in a single solution…
- Better Data Management: Integrating HR and payroll operations in a single solution helps reduce data errors, save time required for manual data input, and leverage localization to ensure data security, leading to more accurate and efficient data management processes across teams and areas of the organization.
- Reduced Costs: With one system that includes all your core HR and payroll processes, companies can not only save money by not using multiple different software vendors, but they can also reduce total costs through more efficient business processes and less waste across their entire enterprise.
- Improved Compliance: Cloud-based HRMS software helps ensure compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements by improving data management for core compliance functions and keeping employees up-to-date with any potential changes.
- Seamless Integration: With HRMS Payroll software, users are enabled to integrate their core HR and payroll operations, simplifying data and process management and improving business continuity across systems and departments.
- Enhanced User Experience: Flexible solutions and intuitive self-service capabilities make HRMS Payroll software the right choice when aiming to enhance user experiences. HRMS Payroll software allows employees automate manual tasks and spend their time on more valuable work, giving them greater control over their own experience and improving productivity and satisfaction in the long run.
How Can We Help?
Whether you need help implementing a new Workday Payroll module across your organization, additional support streamlining your time and absence management functions, or just an extra hand completing important tasks across your new HRMS software solution, Surety Systems is here to help.
Our team of senior-level HRMS Payroll consultants have the technical skills and functional knowledge needed to lead you to success, regardless of the complexity of your HR and payroll needs or the nature of your deployment project.
Getting Started with Our Team
Interested in learning where our team of experienced consultants can fit in your organization?
Ready to get started on your HRMS Payroll integration journey, but don’t know who to turn to for help?
Contact us today for more information!