When it comes to building new apps, extending the functionality of the old ones, or making changes to your Workday infrastructure to keep up with customer and industry needs, you need a solution that provides the right kind of flexibility and functionality for the job.
The solution? Workday Extend.
Read on to learn more about the Workday Extend platform, as well as where our senior-level Workday consultants can help improve app development timelines or extend the overall functionality of your Workday system.
What is Workday Extend?
Workday Extend platform, formerly known as the Workday Cloud Platform, is designed to help companies develop, deploy, and manage applications that incorporate new tasks, pages, and business objects into their Workday environment to meet core business needs.
The Workday Extend platform and its built-in product extensions give organizations the functionality needed for extensibility, including fundamental app development capabilities and the tools needed for seamless integrations between applications and systems.
With the Workday Extend solution, Workday customers are enabled to…
- Improve Financial, Human Resource (HR), and IT Management processes
- Break barriers between enterprise applications for better alignment of key business processes and a more positive employee experience
- Customize Workday applications to accommodate your unique business needs
- Increase employee and supplier performance and engagement within your Workday technology and beyond
- Build apps that run in Workday Human Capital Management, Workday Financial Management, and Workday Student applications (and extend the functionality of each)
Key Capabilities of the Solution
1) Seamless experience for Workday users
All applications both pre-built into the Workday infrastructure or created through Workday Extend operate within the same Workday environment, meaning that they have the same general format and use the same processes. And, because of this, users can focus more on the task at hand rather than trying to navigate complex or confusing app formats.
2) Create custom applications to meet your needs
Customization features within the Workday Extend platform can make it easier to build functional apps that not only meet the surface-level needs of your Finance, HR, or IT departments, but also offer the functionality needed to consolidate experiences and provide a more engaging work environment for employees.
3) Accelerate app development timelines
With its flexible and scalable architecture, Workday Extend allows users to speed up their timelines for app development, making it easier to build, manage, and update their apps to keep with with changes in their own Workday environment or the industry as a whole.
4) Maintain governance and data security
All applications created in Workday Extend have the same login controls and security positions as those pre-built into the platform. This way, your company can not only keep important financial or people data safe and secure, but it can also maintain governance more efficiently with real-time audits for changes in your Workday data.
Who Uses Workday Extend Capabilities?
Workday Extend gives users the power to use internal Workday functionality and customized app data, formatting, and delivery to extend their existing Workday technology platform and improve user adoption across the board.
The integrated platform offers core app development capabilities for…
- Leaders and employees in Human Capital Management
- Leaders and employees in Finance and Data Management
- Leaders and employees in IT Development and Management
With Workday Extend, users can adapt their pre-configured Workday infrastructure to meet evolving business needs, simplify their technology stack across business units, and withstand change in their industry with more flexible applications.
Main Advantages of Using Workday Extend
1) Maintain a more consistent Workday customer experience and better data security with a unified source of data.
2) Stay up-to-date with Workday releases and updates to ensure your technology is operating as optimally as possible.
3) Leverage key REST and SOAP application programming interfaces (APIs) to further improve app development and process efficiency.
4) Integrate with other Workday modules and applications, like Workday Journeys or Prism Analytics, to enhance and improve the employee experience.
5) Use the app catalog to browse app templates and reference apps to build, configure, and deploy applications more efficiently.
Typical Workday Extend Use Cases
Workday Extend has a wide range of capabilities that allow users to leverage the same technology, logic, and security components that power their core Workday system in each additional application.
Here are a few examples of Workday Extend use cases in a variety of different business units and areas of an organization.
For Human Resources…
With Workday Extend, users can improve the productivity and reliability of their HR functions by improving talent insights, managing job requisitions, creating functional back-to-work apps, keeping track of awards and acknowledgements, and create programs that foster employee engagement and support the company’s mission, values, and culture.
Workday Extend apps help leaders and employees within Finance and Controlling departments automate project close procedures, manage client arrangement indexation, collect payments from customers, and ensure collections are accurate and timely.
For Other Areas of the Organization…
The platform also helps companies extend Workday functionality to other areas of the organization, including Sales, Marketing, and Project Management.
With the tool, users can track sales opportunities throughout the organization, build applications for project management, assign projects to specific departments or employees, and request reports for important application data.
How Can We Help?
Whether you need help using Workday Extend to extend the functionality of your Workday system, leveraging the internal Workday security model to keep your people data and other important information safe and secure, optimizing core business processes, or anything else Workday-related, Surety Systems is here to help.
Our team of senior-level Workday consultants has the technical skills, functional expertise, and real-world experience needed to lead you to success, regardless of the complexity of your Workday system, size of your organization, or scale of your project needs.
And, to give you a better idea of what to expect when partnering with us, we’ve included a sample profile of one of our top-notch Workday consultants…
Surety Senior Workday Extend Consultant
- 7+ years of Workday experience
- Built and deployed more than 20 Workday Extend applications
- Involved in more than 25 end-to-end Workday implementations
- Managed multi-phase Workday Extend projects
- Developed 200+ HCM and Financials integrations
Getting Started with Us
Your technology. Your priorities. Our expertise. That’s the name of the game at Surety.
Interested in learning more about our Workday consulting services? Ready to get started on a project with one of our Workday consultants?
Contact us today!