When it comes to finding the right kind of support for your Workday project needs, you need a Workday consultant you can count on to get the job done, build relationships with your internal team, improve productivity and performance across your organization, and find new, innovative ways to manage and optimize your Workday solutions.
Read on to learn more about the key responsibilities of a Workday consultant, as well as where our team of senior-level Workday consultants can fit in your organization.
Finding the Right Option for Your Needs
Surety Systems doesn’t just operate to meet our own bottom line, but rather, we keep our client’s needs at the top of the priority list and work day-in and day-out to find the right fit for your Workday project needs.
At Surety, we guarantee that our team will find a Workday consultant whose skillset, experience, and project expertise are aligned with your project needs and business requirements to ensure you’re getting the most value from your consulting experience.
Let’s take a look at a few key benefits of working with a Workday consultant from Surety…
Time-and-Materials Based Consultants
Our Workday consultants operates on a time-and-materials basis, meaning that instead of paying unnecessary project management fees or having outrageous overhead costs tacked on your bill, you only pay for the actual hours worked by the consultant.
So, whether you need a few Workday Project Managers to cover 40+ hours of work every week, a Workday Integration consultant to handle short-term tasks to optimize integrations, or anything else in between, we have the right kind of consultant for the job.
This way, you can receive support from a high quality Workday project team and get all of your Workday system needs met without breaking the bank in the process.
Wide Range of Workday Expertise
From Workday HCM to Financial Management, Reporting, Learning, Extend, and everything in between, Surety guarantees we can find the perfect fit for all your Workday needs.
Need someone with extensive experience in helping companies move from Lawson to Workday HCM? We’ve got someone that can help. Or maybe you’re looking for a consultant with technical development expertise that can help build custom configurations within your Workday system? We’ve got the perfect fit for that too.
Your Workday System, Your Choice
Our team at Surety Systems operates under a “no bull, no bias, no breadcrumbs” mindset, meaning that no matter where your Workday project needs lie, we’ll put in the work to find the right people and resources for the job and keep your needs above our own in the process.
Your Workday system. Your priorities. Our expertise. That’s the name of the game with our team of consultants (and, trust us, that won’t ever change.)
Roles and Responsibilities of Workday Consultants
1) Workday Project Manager
Having a strong project team and an experienced Project Manager can be a make-or-break factor in your success, regardless of the scope, scale, or complexity of your Workday projects…
And, Workday Project Managers are responsible for building cohesive project teams, outlining plans for implementation or integration, and keeping everyone on track throughout the full duration of the project.
Here are a few ways Workday Project Managers provide an added advantage for any team…
- Planning and Scoping: Project Managers can help clients plan and scope their Workday implementation project, including identifying goals for the project, defining project timelines, outlining project plans, and determining resources needed for successful execution of the project at hand.
- Risk Management: A Workday Project Manager can help manage risks related to project activities to ensure any potential issues are identified and addressed in a proactive manner, including developing risk mitigation strategies, monitoring risks throughout the project lifecycle, and ensuring all members of the project team stay on track.
- Stakeholder Expectations: Functional Project Managers can help manage stakeholder expectations to keep key stakeholders engaged and informed throughout the project. This includes developing communication plans, planning regular meetings with stakeholders, and ensuring that stakeholders are kept up-to-date on project progress and any changes to the project plan.
2) Workday HCM Consultant
Workday’s Human Capital Management solution is one of the most widely-used Workday modules across organizations as it includes comprehensive Talent and Performance Management, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Compensation, and Recruiting tools to help improve productivity, performance, and engagement across teams and business units.
Workday HCM consultants can help with a range of tasks and activities related to Human Resource Management within an organization, including…
- Configuration: Workday HCM consultants can help with the implementation of the Workday HCM system to ensure it’s properly configured to meet project needs, including setting up security roles, outlining permissions, configuring business processes, and facilitating data integration between systems.
- Optimization: An HCM consultant can help organizations optimize their use of Workday HCM modules and applications by providing guidance on best practices and helping teams identify areas for improvement. This includes optimizing core Human Resources operations, creating custom reports for each phase of the project, and designing the system to support organizational goals and objectives.
- Training and Support: Workday HCM consultants can provide training and support to employees, helping them to use the system effectively and efficiently. This includes providing guidance on how to perform specific tasks within the system, troubleshooting issues, and ensuring that employees have the knowledge and skills needed to leverage the full capabilities of the Workday HCM system.
3) Workday Acquisition Consultant
Managing acquisitions between multiple companies can be complicated, and even more so when you’re trying to combine old data from a legacy system into your new Workday system.
Let’s take a closer look into the main responsibilities of a Workday consultant during an acquisition or merger…
- Due Diligence: A Workday Acquisition consultant can assist with the due diligence process by evaluating the client’s Human Resources and Financial Management systems, including identifying any risks or issues with the target company’s data and assessing the compatibility of the target company’s systems with the acquiring company’s systems.
- Integration Planning: Workday Acquisition consultants can develop integration plans that include the systems that will be merged, how data will be migrated between systems, timelines for integration, and any potential roadblocks that could arise.
- Post-Merger Integration: A Workday Acquisition consultant can also help with post-merger integration processes to ensure the client’s HR and finance systems are properly integrated into the acquiring company’s systems. This includes configuring the Workday system to support the merged organization’s business processes, migrating data from the old system to the new one, and providing training and support to employees who will be using the new system.
4) Workday Integration Consultant
Functional integrations between your Workday system and other applications, solutions, and tools can make a difference in your organization’s overall efficiency and performance, so, having someone who specializes in Workday integrations can be your key to success.
Here are a few areas of expertise our Workday Integration consultants can handle…
- External Systems Integration: Workday is a cloud-based Human Resource Management system that can be integrated with other enterprise systems, such as an Accounting, Payroll, or Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Workday Integration consultants can help facilitate integrations between systems and create a seamless data and process workflows between them.
- Custom Integration Design: In some cases, organizations may require custom integrations to meet their specific needs. A Workday Integration consultant can help design and build custom integrations tailored to the organization’s requirements, including the development of custom connectors, middleware, or APIs to enable proper data exchange processes.
- Troubleshooting: When organizations face issues with their Workday integrations, an Integration consultant can help identify issues with data mapping, integration configuration, or system connectivity, implement fixes, and perform testing to ensure integrations operate as expected.
5) Workday Financials Consultant
Workday Financial Management plays a key role in ensuring a company properly manages their financial operations, tracks expenses across business units, and keeps business operations within budget, no matter what.
Here are a few key responsibilities of a Workday Financials consultant for any client…
- Implementation: Workday offers a cloud-based Financial Management system that helps organizations manage financial operations, including accounting, procurement, expenses, and billing. Workday Financials consultants can help organizations implement Workday Financials and configure it to meet their specific needs.
- Financial Optimization: A Workday Financials consultant can help organizations identify areas of improvement, optimize efficiency, reduce costs, and increase accuracy. This involves streamlining workflows, automating manual processes, and implementing best practices for Financial Management across the organization.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis: Workday Financials provides robust Reporting and Analytics capabilities that enable organizations to gain insights into their financial performance. Workday Financials consultants can help leverage these capabilities to create custom reports and dashboards that provide real-time visibility into key financial metrics, improve financial decision making, and optimize overall financial performance.
Advantages of a Workday Consultant
When it comes to managing your Workday applications, optimizing organizational productivity and performance through Workday integrations, and making the most of your Workday investment, a Workday consultant can be the “cherry on top” for your success.
Here are a few of the main advantages of working with a Workday consultant…
- Expertise: Workday consultants are highly trained and experienced in working with the Workday platform, making them valuable resources for organizations seeking to optimize their use of the system.
- Implementation: Workday consultants can assist with the implementation process, from project management to data migration, ensuring a successful and timely deployment.
- Customization: Workday consultants can help tailor the Workday system to meet the specific needs of your organization, including configuring workflows, reports, and integrations.
- Training: Workday consultants can provide training to employees, ensuring they are proficient in using the system and maximizing its potential.
- Support: Workday consultants can provide ongoing support to organizations, helping to troubleshoot any issues that arise and keeping the system up-to-date with the latest features and functionality.
How Can We Help?
Whether you need help choosing a Workday solution that will accurately and efficiently meet all of your business requirements, additional support navigating a complicated Workday integration project to move off of an outdated legacy system, or advice from a Workday subject matter expert to build out your Workday applications in the most efficient way possible, Surety Systems is here to help.
Our team of senior-level Workday consultants has the skills and experience needed to lead you to success, no matter where your Workday project needs lie.
And, to give you a better idea of what to expect when partnering with us, we’ve included a sample profile of one of our top-notch Workday consultants…
Surety Senior Workday Consultant
- 7+ years of Workday experience
- Both Techno-Functional consulting and Project Management experience
- Expertise with technical, functional, and strategic implementations of Workday Recruiting, Core HCM, Talent, Security, and Reporting
- Served as a PM for multiple Workday implementations for both Domestic and Global Clients
- Experience delivering data migration services to effectively migrate from legacy systems to Workday
Getting Started with Us
Interested in learning more about our Workday consulting services? Ready to get connected with a functional Workday consultant to start maximizing your potential NOW?
Contact us today to get started with one of our expert Workday consultants!