If you’ve ever interviewed and been hired for a job, then you know just how stressful hiring and onboarding processes can be.
From completing seemingly never-ending paperwork to understanding job expectations, getting acclimated with the new hire portal, completing onboarding tasks, and everything in between, hiring and onboarding activities can pile up, and, before you know it, you’re drowning in a sea of documents, tasks, and new hire responsibilities.
If this sounds like an all-too-common experience for you or your organization, SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding is the solution for you.
Read on to learn about how the Onboarding solution simplifies the onboarding process and makes being the “new kid on the block” a little easier for new hires.
What is SuccessFactors Onboarding?
SuccessFactors Onboarding is SAP’s onboarding software that connects people, processes, and other systems in a single place, making managing employee onboarding, rehiring, cross-boarding, and off-boarding processes much easier.
The module not only simplifies hiring manager activities through a unified solution but also helps enhance onboarding activities and provide better engagement opportunities for new hires from Day One.
With features that offer better task management tools, improved data collection processes, streamlined documentation, and pre-built system integration, SuccessFactors Onboarding is your organization’s key to optimizing the hiring process and maximizing the efficiency of onboarding activities.
That way, your company can enhance the new hire experience by keeping employee engagement and satisfaction at the forefront of your onboarding process.
Key Capabilities of the Solution
Now that you know a little more about SuccessFactors Onboarding, let’s dive into a few of the key features of the solution.
- Process and Task Management: This feature allows system administrators to enable business rule-specific processes and provide enhanced tracking features to ensure all tasks are completed properly. Task and process management provides improved email service features, interfaces for system localization, and support for a variety of other hiring manager activities.
- Updated Home Page for New Hires: The new hire home page provides a single destination for new employee tasks and information, and it offers improved security features to keep new hire data secure. Users can access the home page to upload and manage key employee information (i.e., benefits information, company policies, new hire documentation) and maintain secure access permissions for such information from within the SuccessFactors HXM Suite.
- Document Generation and Management: Forms can be created and electronically signed directly through the SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding system, making it easier for employees and managers to maintain corporate and employee documents in a secure location. This feature offers document generation, management, uploading, and purging features and improved document category-level security to ensure correct viewing and access permissions.
- Data Collection: This feature allows users to collect the data necessary to complete new hire forms and create the required files needed to send such data to other systems or applications (including SAP apps and other external systems). It also provides improved data collection screens that reduce duplicate entries and validate data entries in certain fields throughout the system.
- Integration with SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite: The SuccessFactors Onboarding solution has built-in integration with the SuccessFactors HXM Suite, making it easier to manage data migration processes between systems and applications and ensuring no data gets lost in the transfer. This helps provide an enhanced onboarding experience for new hires through integrations with goal management processes, SuccessFactors Recruiting and Learning, employee profiles, intelligent services, and SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central.
- Third-Party Integrations: In addition to its integrations with other SAP solutions and tools, SuccessFactors Onboarding also provides a few standard third-party integrations, including DocuSign, Standard New Hire Integration, and other external Human Resource Information System (HRIS) processes.
How is Onboarding 2.0 Different?
While SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0 and 2.0 both offer various onboarding, cross-boarding, and off-boarding capabilities, Onboarding 2.0 provides better engagement opportunities and overall user experience for both employees and administrators.
The two versions do share quite a few common characteristics, but there are a few things 2.0 offers that the outdated functions of 1.0 simply cannot keep up with.
- The new Onboarding software gives users the ability to add custom new hire tasks. This provides an enhanced onboarding experience for new employees and allows for better engagement through system personalization.
- Onboarding 2.0 offers Report Stories and People Analytics functions to make managing, processing, and storing employee data simpler. The outdated version provides basic data exportation functions to move data to and from Excel, but it doesn’t have the functionality to offer analytics like the new update can.
Key Features of the Update
Now that you know a little more about what makes SuccessFactors Onboarding 2.0 different from Version 1.0, let’s dive into a few key features of the update:
The updated Onboarding module allows users to take advantage of key features, like People Analytics and Report Story tools, to gain more comprehensive insights and improve the overall onboarding process.
Note: To use the updated analytics and reporting features in Onboarding, users must set up both an Identity Authentication Service (IAS) and an Identity Provisioning Service (IPS) within their SAP system. This prerequisite separates users by module version, offering more opportunities to gain better analytics than was previously provided with 1.0.
From the start, the Onboarding module is fully integrated within the SuccessFactors platform, not only connecting it to core HXM functions, but also seamlessly integrating it with Employee Central (EC).
With the 2.0 update, EC is now a necessary prerequisite for Onboarding implementation. But, the new system functions reduce the risk of mapping errors through automated processes and optimize setup and maintenance processes throughout the initial implementation period and beyond. This way, employees no longer need to worry about mapping data for each field and can focus their efforts on other areas of their job.
Native to SuccessFactors
The Onboarding module is built into the foundational SuccessFactors platform, making it easier to streamline integrations within the Human Experience Management (HXM) Suite and throughout the entire SAP system.
SuccessFactors Onboarding 2.0 offers more common data structures that offer improved flexibility for users. And, because it’s fully integrated within SuccessFactors, administrative tasks are no longer separated across multiple modules or systems, and the user experience is enhanced with the reduction of tedious manual processes and simplified process steps using role-based permissions (RBPs).
Enhanced Home Page Features
The new and improved SuccessFactors Onboarding solution offers better home page capabilities that help guide users through important prioritized tasks. On the new home page, employees can organize and track onboarding tasks into categories, making it even easier to prioritize important or time-sensitive tasks.
The new home page also gives users the opportunity to leverage Onboarding Engagement cards to quickly see the tasks they have already completed and the ones that are still on the To-Do list. This way, new hires can stay up-to-date with their tasks and maximize employee engagement from the start.
New Onboarding Dashboard
The Onboarding Dashboard is the new SuccessFactors Onboarding 2.0 landing page, which gives users a comprehensive view of their employee status from new hire tasks to compliance, data collection, and more.
The new dashboard improves user experience by offering more personalized features, like improved sorting and filtering options, to make tracking new hire activities easier and enhance the onboarding experience even more.
Click here for more information about internal onboarding support from SAP Launchpad Support.
Getting Started with SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Implementing a new SuccessFactors system while also continuing to maintain recruiting, hiring, and onboarding processes can seem like a bit of an uphill battle for a single hiring coordinator or small team of administrators and managers. Luckily, this is where Surety Systems can help.
Our senior-level SAP SuccessFactors consultants have extensive experience in virtually every module of the ERP system, and they’re ready to help guide your team to success — wherever your SAP or SuccessFactors needs may lie.
Need help managing SuccessFactors Recruitment processes to ensure your team secures top-tier talent? Our consultants can help with that. Just need an extra person on your team to help initiate onboarding processes for new hires? They’ve got you covered there too.
How Can We Help?
Whether you need help implementing SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 2.0, managing SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting processes, or anything in between, our team of senior-level SAP consultants can help.
Even better, we’ve included a sample profile of one of our SAP SuccessFactors consultants to help you know what to expect when partnering with us:
Surety Senior SAP Success Factors Onboarding Consultant
- US Citizen
- 9+ years of SuccessFactors experience
- SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0 & 2.0 Certified
- SuccessFactors Recruiting Management Certified
- Completed 20+ SuccessFactors Recruiting and Onboarding implementations
Contact us today to get started.