When it comes to bringing employees, systems, and organizations together to build closer relationships and improve operational productivity, Epic Community Connect is your answer.
Read on to learn how Community Connect can help your organization improve the efficiency of your practice management system and improve overall patient care and where our team of expert Epic consultants can fit in your organization.
What is Epic Connect?
Epic’s Community Connect program is a cost-effective solution that allows smaller organizations to connect to larger hospital systems in an attempt to connect it to the more extensive, comprehensive Epic electronic health record (EHR) system.
With Community Connect, community physicians and their internal organizational teams can increase communication, collaboration, and interoperability between larger healthcare systems, reducing total cost of ownership (TOC) and improving business opportunities and referrals.
Epic Connect offers key features to help transform health system operations and provide ongoing support to and through Epic implementation across the host organization.
Here are the main benefits of using Community Connect in your organization:
- Seamlessly integrated digital health procedures and operations
- Improved experience for patients, providers, and staff members
- Better access to comprehensive patient health records
- Reduced costs and more predictable financial data, analytics, and trends
- Increased compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
- Enhanced population management and data transparency
How Does Epic Community Connect Work?
Epic Community Connect provides opportunities to leverage technology to provide better continuity of care for patients, enabling patients and providers to communicate more effectively and work together to achieve better physical health for patients and better operational health for healthcare organizations and health systems.
Implementing Community Connect in your organization can enable your patient care teams to:
- Create a cohesive plan for implementation, Go-Live, and post Go-Live support between organizations
- Build a team capable of providing the knowledge, skills, and support needed to enhance population health management through Community Connect Implementation
- Improve transparency into clinical workflows to improve revenue cycles and increase opportunities for growth among organizations
- Implement Epic Connect technology to give patients and physicians more immediate access to important information and critical engagement tools to improve operational efficiency (i.e., scheduling, viewing test results, treatment planning, and more!)
Top 5 Advantages for Community Connect Customers
Here’s a closer look at a few key advantages of Epic Community Connect for Epic customers:
Seamless Data Sharing:
Community Connect allows seamless data sharing between the primary Epic organization and affiliated community healthcare providers. This facilitates efficient and secure exchange of patient information, enhancing care coordination and reducing duplication of tests and procedures.
Epic Community Connect promotes interoperability by enabling different healthcare providers to access and share patient records within the Epic ecosystem. This ensures patients receive comprehensive and well-coordinated care regardless of where they seek treatment.
By extending Epic EHR to community organizations, you can establish standardized workflows and best practices across the healthcare community, further enhancing patient safety, quality of care, and efficiency.
Access to Epic’s Features:
Community Connect allows affiliated organizations to access Epic’s EHR system’s full range of features and capabilities. This ensures that community providers have access to the same robust tools and resources available to larger healthcare systems.
Community Connect offers a cost-effective way for smaller healthcare providers to access and implement Epic’s EHR system without the substantial upfront costs associated with independent installations. This can lead to significant cost savings for community organizations while still enjoying the benefits of a leading EHR system.
How Can We Help?
Whether you need help implementing a new Epic Community Connect system or optimizing an already existing, mature program, Surety Systems can help.
Our senior-level Epic consultant team is here to help your organization navigate key implementation considerations and build a plan that benefits patients, providers, and other staff.
Getting Started with Us
From building an Epic Community Connect program that provides strategic alignment to improving the continuity of care with better collaboration between organizations, and building closer relationships between patients and providers, our consultants have the skills and experience needed to help.
Contact us today to learn more, or get started with one of our expert Epic consultants!