Businesses that have undergone recent digital transformations differentiate themselves by efficiently resolving customer complaints across many channels and providing access to customer data on any device.
Customer satisfaction is crucial to maintaining an established brand image and strong customer relationships. Fortunately, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Service is a robust software solution that encourages customer service managers and representatives to deliver consistent, fast, personalized service and collect quality insights about customer behavior, interactions, and trends.
By enabling customers to interact on their terms through self-service, employee assistance, or on-site support functionality, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Service can help your business increase brand loyalty and enhance value for clients.
Read on to learn more about D365 for Customer Service and what our senior-level Dynamics consultants can do to help your organization increase customer satisfaction across teams.
What is D365 Customer Service?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Service is a cloud-based customer service automation module that aims to improve knowledge management while enabling individualized customer support that considers individual client perception.
With easy-to-use dashboards and in-depth analysis reports, it provides visibility into customer service operations and business performance, making it easier to ensure companies offer the best customer experiences possible.
The Customer Service module in Dynamics 365 contains an all-encompassing interface that allows businesses to support omnichannel engagement and quickly solve customer requests through organic, human interactions. These natural interactions enhance efficiencies by empowering customer service representatives to operate quickly and provide personalized, data-driven customer interactions.
D365 Customer Service is a perfect fit for any organization looking to implement good customer service experiences via an exceptional service solution, intelligent case management abilities, and AI-driven analytics.
How is Dynamics 365 Customer Service Compared to Other Service Solutions?
D365 Customer Service is a component of the larger Dynamics 365 for Sales, Marketing, Field Service, Customer Voice, and Project Operations, offering a fully integrated customer service solution that ensures all customer service needs are met, no matter what.
This integrated approach improves end-user communication, engineer scheduling, performance visibility, and resourcing strategies across the entire organization, facilitating stronger service delivery and offering a better end-to-end customer service experience.
Features of D365 Customer Service
Here are the top six features Dynamics Customer Service has to offer:
1. Case Management
- Manually reassign a service call or support case when different capabilities are needed
- Track and store case information, like case subject, case ID, customer interaction history, and request descriptions
- Automate case creation based on incoming requests submitted through web forms, phone calls, emails, and other mobile communication channels
- Base case routing activities on customer issues and agent skills
2. Customer Interaction Management
- Gain a comprehensive view of customers and their behavior
- Verify customers using voice-based verification techniques
- Use templates for entitlements, knowledge base articles, and emails
- Facilitate real-time communication between agents and customers
- Communicate with customers via email, social media, text, virtual assistant functionality, and other digital communication methods
- Monitor and analyze consumer behavior to identify interaction opportunities
- Reduce cart abandonment through predictive targeting functionality
- Provide individualized responses, offers, and recommendations based on customer analytics, like customer journey, behavior, and sentiment
4. Customer Self-Service
- Use chatbots to help customers resolve common issues without contacting human personnel
- Make changes to tickets, examine the knowledge base, provide comments, and take surveys through intelligent, on-demand customer portals
5. Support Terms Management
- Use service level agreements (SLAs) to determine case timelines and requirements
- Leverage entitlements to define terms of different customer service
6. Agent Productivity
- Utilize agent desktops to access engagement transcripts and profile histories
- Embed Microsoft Teams for efficient teamwork and quick issue resolution
- Access a comprehensive agent knowledge base to improve customer service activities
- Leverage real-time insights and proactive recommendations to facilitate better customer interactions and improve service scheduling
- Exchange advice and learn from one another via community websites
Dynamics 365 Customer Service provides on-demand access to customer communications through all channels, including SMS text messages, Microsoft Teams chats, emails, calls, and more.
Customer service agents can now view the entire history of their contacts with each customer, ensuring they’re aware of any previous interactions. They can also provide services that are tailored to the needs of each customer.
Common Uses for Dynamics 365 Customer Service
When companies receive customer complaints, they typically have response teams in place to identify and execute solutions and leverage Dynamics 365 Customer Service to further improve efficiency across teams.
These businesses frequently have a service or support division in charge of achieving the organization’s goals. By leveraging D365 Customer Service, these teams can reduce manual overhead and integrate self-service technologies, like customer portals, with Power Pages and the rest of the Microsoft Power Platform.
Here are a few examples of companies that gain the most from the Dynamics 365 Customer Service platform:
- Traditional service providers
- Information technology (IT) and computer services
- Financial services and banking
- Retail and E-commerce
Dynamics 365 Customer Service Customization Features
Here’s a look at the customization features built into Dynamics 365 for Customer Service:
Case management workflows: These workflows can be customized to automate customer care procedures and policies with any degree of complexity.
Data structure modification: These modifications enable users to record and expose critical business information in automated workflows by adding or renaming properties of objects, such as Customers, Contact Persons, Cases, and more.
Automation: Customizable automation features allow users to automate and improve day-to-day tasks and manage business rules more efficiently.
Custom form creation: Form creation makes it easier for users to build unique surveys, tests, and polls that gather client input and gauge employee satisfaction over time.
D365 Customer Service Integrations
Dynamics 365 Customer Service can connect with other applications in the Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Office 365 landscapes, making exchanging data easier and improving collaboration between systems.
Dynamics 365 Customer Service works with other Dynamics 365 offerings, like Customer Experience, ERP, and CRM Customer Engagement Center features, to offer complete transparency and increase automation across the entire customer lifecycle. For example, companies often use Dynamics 365 Sales with the Customer Service platform to ensure a seamless handoff between departments.
Companies can also combine Power Pages with Customer Service to give customers access to self-service portals, allowing customers to take control of their own experiences and handle all statuses and requests without requiring support from other teams or employees.
Power BI and Dynamics 365 Customer Service tools can also collaborate to create dashboards that instantly summarize the number of cases, assess case progress, and highlight any possible bottlenecks.
Which Industries is Dynamics 365 Customer Service Best Fit For?
Because more companies have recently virtualized their business operations, customers across industries now have a greater need for on-demand customer service software solutions. To satisfy changing client demand scenarios and align with modern customer service interaction requirements, businesses across all industry sectors are searching for a solution that enables real-time responses and fosters quality interactions across teams.
How Can We Help
Looking to provide excellent customer experiences, offer personalized support for each customer, and leverage customer insights to find areas of improvement? D365 Customer Service might be your solution, and Surety Systems can help you decide.
Our senior-level Microsoft Dynamics consultants have the knowledge, skills, and functional expertise to help you successfully implement D365 Customer Service, facilitate integrations with existing Dynamics solutions, and maximize your overall investment.
Ready to learn more about D365 Customer Service and where our expert Dynamics consultants can fit in your organization?
Contact us today!