With increasing competition in today’s business marketplace, the need for exceptional customer experiences is important in helping companies retain existing customers and attract new ones…
From sales and marketing to customer service and commerce, SAP Customer Experience (CX) offers a comprehensive set of solutions that help businesses build long-term relationships with customers, create personalized experiences across all touchpoints, and drive growth.
Read on to explore the key features and benefits of SAP CX, as well as where our team of senior-level SAP consultants can fit in your organization.
What is SAP CX?
SAP CX (SAP Customer Experience) is a cloud-based customer relationship management solution designed to help companies combine their core sales, marketing, and CRM solutions in the SAP Cloud Platform, simplifying customer data management and improving customer service interactions. SAP CX, or SAP C/4HANA, can be used to manage customer experiences on their own, or it can be integrated with other SAP products to provide more comprehensive business processes and better customer engagement across the entire organization.
Key Capabilities of SAP Customer Experience (CX)
As the successor to SAP CRM, SAP’s outdated customer relationship management solution offers limited functionality and less-than-optimal integrations with other solutions, SAP CX provides advanced capabilities that help companies provide better visibility into their customer’s data and offer more opportunities for better customer engagement.
Here are a few of the main capabilities included in the SAP Customer Experience solution…
- Marketing & Sales Automation: Provides advanced marketing automation tools that help companies create and manage targeted campaigns across multiple channels, including email and social media. Offers sales automation functionality to help streamline sales processes and monitor leads, opportunities, and sales more efficiently.
- Commerce Experiences: Offers a comprehensive commerce management platform that helps companies create engaging and personalized shopping experiences for their customers both in-store and online to improve the customer experience and promote customer loyalty across the entire organization.
- Customer Service: Provides functional service management tools that help companies in any industry deliver exceptional customer service, respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner, manage issues, and track service requests and tickets through the system.
- Customer Insights: Offers advanced customer data management tools that enable businesses to collect, manage, store, and analyze customer data across multiple channels, including web-based and mobile solutions for a more connected customer journey. Provides advanced analytics and reporting capabilities that offer better insights into customer behavior, preferences, and trends.
- Mobile Enablement: Provides mobile-first capabilities that give businesses the functionality needed to create mobile-friendly experiences for their customers, including SAP mobile apps and responsive web designs.
- Functional Integrations: Offers robust integration capabilities that enable businesses to integrate SAP CX solutions with other enterprise systems, including ERP, CRM, and supply chain management systems and other SAP applications. Uses artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies to deliver insights and automate tasks to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of customer experience initiatives.
The Big Five SAP CX Cloud Solutions
The SAP Customer Experience suite is comprised of five main cloud-based solutions that are built to cover a different area of customer relationship management, including…
1) SAP Commerce Cloud
The SAP Commerce Cloud supports the nature of go-to-market models across different companies by providing product content management, experience management, order management, and other personalization features.
With out-of-box functionality and omnichannel commerce solutions, SAP users are able to create more engaging shopping experiences for customers and maintain a stronger reputation in the e-commerce industry.
2) SAP Marketing Cloud
The SAP Marketing Cloud offers advanced tools and capabilities that allow companies to gain a better understanding of customer sentiment, preferences, and behaviors to identify target customer groups and create personalized marketing campaigns to attract more customers in the right audience and drive business growth across the board.
By viewing data from all marketing activities and evaluating the impact of each, SAP customers are better able to provide the services that customers expect, leading to higher customer attraction, engagement, and retention rates in the long run.
3) SAP Service Cloud
SAP Service Cloud is a comprehensive customer service management solution that provides the tools needed to manage customer requests and inquiries across all channels to improve customer engagement and ensure satisfaction, no matter what.
With SAP Service Cloud functionality, users are enabled to handle a larger number of requests at one time, leverage chatbots for 24/7 support, and provide a more consistent, positive, and engaging experience for customers in need of help or assistance with SAP functions.
4) SAP Sales Cloud
The SAP Sales Cloud solution provides an easy-to-use dashboard that helps SAP customers improve sales performance management across teams and promote real-time engagement with customers in different areas of the organization.
With its artificial intelligence tools and advanced reporting and analytics capabilities, SAP Sales Cloud makes it easier for organizations to view customer engagement and behavior in a 360º lens to convert leads, drive more consistent sales, and keep their customers happy throughout the entire sales process.
5) SAP Customer Data Cloud
The SAP Customer Data Cloud provides advanced customer data management solutions to help companies collect, manage, store, and analyze customer information and address potential data security and protection issues to keep customer data secure.
With the SAP Customer Data Cloud, users are enabled to gather customer information in an efficient and secure manner, manage authentication and consent, and ensure customer data is compliant with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulations.
Main Advantages of Cloud-Based CRM Solutions
Here are a few advantages of cloud-based customer relationship management solutions…
1) Flexibility and Scalability
Cloud-based CRM solutions are highly flexible and scalable, making it easy for companies to adjust functionality within their CRM system to meet changing business needs. Users can easily add or remove users, features, and functions as needed without having to worry about the limitations of on-premise hardware.
2) Reduced Costs
With cloud-based solutions, there’s no need for companies to invest in expensive hardware, software, or IT staff.
This helps companies reduce costs across the organization and makes solutions like SAP C/4HANA more cost-effective than traditional on-premise CRM systems.
3) Quicker Deployment
Cloud-based CRM solutions can be deployed quickly and easily integrated with other CRM capabilities or industry-specific solutions to manage the customer experience more efficiently.
With simplified cloud deployment, companies can get their CRM system up-and-running within a few weeks, rather than months or even years, to improve functionality and accessibility from the start.
4) Accessibility and Collaboration
Cloud CRM solutions, like SAP CX, can be accessed from anywhere, making it easy for companies to manage their customer data and interactions in the office and on the go and improving the productivity and effectiveness of their employees.
With cloud-based solutions, users can leverage better collaboration among team members to improve data accessibility and visibility across sales, marketing, and customer services teams.
5) Better Data Security
Cloud-based CRM solutions offer better security than on-premise systems, providing automatic backups and disaster recovery options to ensure businesses can quickly recover from any data loss or system failure.
How Can We Help?
Whether you need help implementing new SAP applications across business units, additional support navigating integrations between SAP Customer Experience and other SAP solutions like SAP Field Service Management, or just an extra hand managing your CRM software for seamless data and experience management, Surety Systems is here to help.
Our team of senior-level SAP consultants has the skills and experience needed to lead you to success, regardless of the complexity of your business and project needs, and maximize your SAP investment in the long run.
Getting Started with Us
Interested in learning where SAP Customer Experience solutions can help optimize your CRM functionality and integrate your SAP solutions for a more engaging customer experience? Ready to get started with the SAP CX suite of applications?