Who we are:
Surety Systems, Inc. is celebrating its 15th year in business. Though we are headquartered in Raleigh, NC, we do business in 20+ states with 150+ clients each year. We specialize in ERP, HCM, and CRM consulting for a range of different technologies. Our clients depend on us to provide the best of the best for their complex project, and that’s where you come in…
We’re on the hunt for a Business Development Manager to join our growing biz dev team. This position is a collaborative role where you’ll work with our internal marketing team and our practice group leaders. So long as you can bring some hustle, the sky’s the limit.
We’re looking for someone who can:
Write, Listen, Ask Questions
Your territory will consist of organizations that are already identified as running a specific enterprise software system. Email will be your primary tool for contact. You’ll need to be a good writer, as customized emails are an important piece of this role. Understanding client needs means knowing what questions to ask—you’ll be trained on what those look like, of course, but a detail-oriented person that knows how to ask good questions is preferred!
Talk Data To Me
This person will have an in-depth understanding of how to move around in Salesforce or other CRM systems. Keeping your clients and your territory organized in terms of data and communication is a key to success
Have A Way With Words
We’re looking for a witty person that’s quick on their feet—you never know what the client may throw at you, so you need to be able to roll with the punches. Having an engaging personality and the ability to speak confidently about why Surety Systems has been so successful is huge!
Details and Consistency
Our business development team strongly values ensuring that our potential clients receive the right information at the right time, so knowing what makes your prospects tick and how to time your communication to them is very important. It’s crucial that you gain a deep understanding of your target market, in addition to how Surety’s unique model can help them crush their business goals. Persistence will be key!
The Cover Charge [What do you need to get in?]
- 1+ years of B2B sales experience (during college, internships, or out of college).
- Bachelor’s Degree is not required, but preferred.
- Great personality + positive attitude with working through challenges is a must.
- Experience with CRM tools is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using social and digital tools for business.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
The Deets on Surety Systems
- Casual dress code (Shorts and flip flops are A-OK!)
- Flex Time Policy (Earn extra time off if you work over 40 hours/wk)
- Remote Work Policy (Up to 2 days a week after 120 days of employment)
- Office closed Christmas to New Year’s Day (Free PTO in addition to standard 14 days)
- Open office and a collaborative environment
- Occasional G.M.A.B. days… (Need a hint? There’s booze involved.)
- Competitive base salary ($40k ++)
- Full Benefits Package + 4% 401k Match
- Complimentary office snacks
- Free corporate gym membership (open Mon-Fri) located near to our office
- Office location is within walking distance to tons of Brier Creek stores and shops (including Target and Starbucks!)
Let’s email first, then hopefully chat:
Please include “Business Development Manager” in the subject line of your email and send your resume/credentials to email@example.com