Oracle Learning Management, a cornerstone of Oracle’s comprehensive suite of Human Capital Management solutions, revolutionizes the employee training and development landscape within organizations. This robust platform empowers businesses to efficiently deliver and maintain engaging learning experiences for their workforce.
From personalized training paths to advanced tracking and reporting capabilities, Oracle Learning Management goes beyond traditional learning management systems, offering a comprehensive solution that aligns employee development with organizational goals.
This article explores the key features and advantages of Oracle Learning Management, how it enables continuous learning and professional growth in today’s competitive business environment, and where our team of expert Oracle consultants can fit in your organization.
What is Oracle Learning Management?
Oracle Learning Management (OLM) is an intelligent learning management system designed to support all education models and facilitate seamless integrations with talent and performance management functions within Oracle’s Human Capital Management, Financials, and Order Management applications.
By providing a unified learning delivery system to an extended customer, employee, and partner enterprise, the Oracle LMS application enables users to record worker competencies, candidate placements, performance assessments, and more.
Key Features of the Oracle Learning Management System
Oracle Learning Management offers comprehensive features designed to elevate the employee training experience. From customizable learning paths and interactive content delivery to robust tracking and reporting tools, the Oracle LMS platform stands out for its comprehensive approach to fostering continuous learning and skill development within organizations.
Here’s a closer look at the main features of Oracle Learning for enterprise users:
Reporting and compliance
Create, assign, track, and automate compliance training with assignment rules that govern critical expiration and renewal guidelines and timeframes.
Access and leverage comprehensive analytics, reports, and dashboard interfaces to track report completion and improve overall employee development.
Design and deploy verified certifications for a predefined compliance period and enable automatic recertification with task assignment rules.
Skills-driven learning tools
Up and re-skilling
Close skills gaps across teams by tailoring learning campaigns to meet specific needs and leveraging upskilling and reskilling capabilities to improve critical learning objectives.
Improve qualifications for careers of interest by providing personalized recommendations based on previously identified skills gaps across teams and business units.
Enable users to tag learning catalog items with skills for improved accuracy, depth, and relevance to current skills associations and learning courses.
Integrated learning features
Leverage user communities, discussion forums, and collaborative sharing and rating content to empower peer-to-peer learning and improve connections across teams and systems.
Enable subject matter experts and other employee learning professionals to upload their own content to the Oracle Learning platform and develop and share new learning solutions quickly and easily.
Combine internal, formal, and informal learning content with external sources to create a unified catalog for all employee development and learning data and tasks.
External content providers
Facilitate integrations with other external content providers like LinkedIn Learning and SkillSoft to push smart recommendations to users and enable comprehensive learning management across systems.
Built-in talent management
Embedded HR activities
Enable growth strategies tailored to specific users or roles by embedding learning content into core HR processes like Career Development, Journeys, Performance, and more.
Personalized learning paths
Create and maintain learning paths for personalized individual and team development, including training videos, documents, formal learning content, and other content from external sources.
Flexible learning assignments
Establish business rules to automate relevant learning assignments whenever an HR or internal workforce change occurs, such as a promotion or role change.
Dynamic learning preferences
Identify career development topics that align with critical organizational and employee growth initiatives and access relevant learning recommendations built for specific users, roles, or activities.
Customized growth strategies
Take action on relevant development opportunities by accessing automatically updated roles or business changes and establishing hyper-personalized growth strategies.
Enable users to create their own development journeys and goal-based learning playlists to facilitate better, more personalized growth, including classes, seminars, one-on-one coaching, gigs, and more.
Delivering, Managing, and Tracking Online Content
Oracle Learning Management provides a fully integrated content interface that enables users to create, analyze, and organize online learning content and self-paced development courses or import content from existing third-party systems and courseware.
By creating a comprehensive catalog offering that enables users to access critical learning content through the online player, organizations can deliver valuable online resources to learners, host live web conferences, and offer easy access to classes and other learning content anytime, anywhere.
Managing Learning Content in a Unified Catalog
The Oracle Learning platform provides an interface for administrators to manage the setup, maintenance, and delivery of core learning objectives, enabling users to access a comprehensive view of their content and maintain critical learning objects over time.
The unified learning catalog model relies on the following catalog objects:
- Courses: Define subject matter and instructional objectives for use in career development sessions.
- Categories: Organize catalog objects, including learning paths, courses, and more, to give users eay access to critical learning content.
- Sessions: Configure subdivisions of classes to outline the location, schedule, and timeline of each training session and create a detailed agenda for classes.
- Classes: Refer to enrollable instances of offerings held at a specific time and location to ensure all users can access the content they need whenever and wherever they need it.
- Offerings: Define the language and delivery mode of a learning course, for example, an in-person, instructor-led course in French.
Tracking and Managing User Enrollments
By leveraging an intelligent combination of self-enrollment permissions, learner access roles, and course approval options, administrators can enroll learners in relevant courses, control enrollment in classes and offerings, and track attendance and course history in a unified learner profile.
Users can also leverage class and enrollment statuses to control class lifecycles, including phases like:
- Planned: Used to assess learner interest and monitor resource availability.
- Requested: Used to enter enrollments and track overall interest in available classes.
- Waitlisted: Used to update learner statuses as their interest is confirmed.
- Normal: Used when there are sufficient Waitlisted enrollments to meet minimum requirements to run a specific class.
- Placed: Used to move learners from the waiting list to Placed enrollments.
Enabling Users to Manage Their Own Experience
An intelligent learner interface enables users to access, view, enroll, and execute their learning classes and courses. On the one hand, the Learner Home Page offers a snapshot view of learning courses and paths a user is currently enrolled in. On the other hand, the Catalog and Search pages provide a comprehensive catalog of all available learning opportunities.
The Learner Home Page enables users to:
- Manage their own learning paths
- View details for all course offerings and class descriptions
- Access online and offline classes and view enrollment statuses
- Find catalog forums and chats they have subscribed to
The Catalog and Search pages make it easier for users to:
- Browse learning opportunities to find the right courses and learning paths
- Enroll directly in learning paths and classes
- Access learning paths, certifications, forums, and chats and search by course name, description, location, and training dates
- View course descriptions and objectives to find desired learning opportunities
Understanding the Learning Cycle in Oracle LMS
Here are the main steps in setting up Oracle LMS and enrolling users in learning courses:
Steps to Setup Oracle Learning Management
- Create administrator groups and define access permissions for folders and learning categories.
- Define requirements for competencies (i.e., knowledge, experience, and qualifications) from current staff and future applicants.
- Assign competencies and other business requirements to specific jobs, organizations, and positions within the enterprise.
- Evaluate current employees and applicants and conduct needs analysis to identify skills gaps.
- Develop new learning courses or identify external activities that can close existing skills gaps.
- Outline budgets and price lists for learning courses.
- Build and organize a comprehensive catalog of courses and learning paths to accommodate needs.
- Identify equipment, instructors, and other resources needed to run critical learning courses.
Steps to Enroll and Manage Users
- Create online and offline learning courses, book required resources, and manage payments to resource suppliers.
- Maintain commercial relationships and track charges across the learning lifecycle.
- Enroll learners in relevant courses.
- Manage multiple enrollments through confirmations and waiting lists, track cancellations, and invoice customers for payments.
- Record class attendance and results, including test scores, competencies, and attendance levels.
- Assess the effectiveness of each course to compare proposed budgets and actual revenues.
- Appraise learners by evaluating the long-term impact of learning courses.
- Create learner groups based on common interests, roles, or responsibilities.
How Can We Help?
Whether you need help configuring your Oracle Learning Management System to meet complex user requirements, additional support navigating integrations between Oracle and other third-party applications, or just an extra hand getting started on your Oracle journey, Surety Systems can help.
Our senior-level Oracle consultant team has the knowledge, skills, and experience to handle your critical project needs, help your internal teams use Oracle applications more effectively, and maximize your technical investments over time.
Your technology. Your priorities. Our expertise. That’s the name of the game with our team at Surety.
Getting Started with Our Team
For more information about our Oracle consulting services or to get started on a project with our team of expert Oracle consultants, contact us today.