One of the most significant enhancements to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is found in the JD Edwards Orchestrator Studio. The tool, previously known as JDE IoT Orchestrator, is about more than simply connecting “things” and is now the communications hub for all of your connected systems.
Let’s take a closer look at how the Orchestrator works and the ways in which it can improve the efficiency of your JD Edwards EnterpriseOne solution.
What is JDE Orchestrator?
The JDE Orchestration Studio is an application that centers around an easy-to-use graphical interface intended to help technical developers and business analysts automate business processes by creating and deploying orchestrations that meet organizational needs – without the need for complicated coding or programming skills.
Manual data processes can oftentimes lead to more trouble than they’re worth thanks to threats of human error and high processing costs. Luckily, JDE Orchestrator eliminates those threats by providing a solution that allows for real-time data analysis and continuous improvement of business process automation.
With the Orchestrator automation tool, users can transform how their EnterpriseOne system operates, making their business processes more streamlined and efficient. It offers capabilities that make the collection and filtering of real-time data more efficient, eliminates error-prone manual processes that often lead to unnecessary costs, and automates your orchestrations to run continually on schedule without human intervention.
And, as an added bonus, JDE Orchestrator also acts as a notification engine, allowing users to keep up with important EnterpriseOne information and identify areas or conditions that need more focused attention.
How Does it Work?
The foundation for Orchestrator is the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Application Interface Services (AIS) Server. While the AIS Server runs JD Edwards applications in the background, the Orchestrator processes orchestrations saved to the AIS Server to transform external data into actionable business processes in Enterprise One.
Orchestrations can even be scheduled to run automatically, and the results can be sent straight to your mobile device so that you can get them on the go.
JDE Orchestrator Studio is simple to use and allows the business analyst (as opposed to a developer) to create, test, and deploy orchestrations using a visual interface that moves the complex code behind the scenes, saving developers time and energy that can be used on other tasks.
Key Steps of the Orchestration Design Process
Whether your data is sourced from an EnterpriseOne application, an IoT device, or any other external system, your orchestration design process remains the same. Before your orchestration can be created or implemented, it’s important to analyze a few key steps of the process:
- Identify the problem you are solving and the most probable solution
- Understand the type and quantity of data you intend to collect
- Create a plan to process the data accurately and efficiently
- Outline rules and guidelines to follow in your data collection and analysis
- Determine the fields and grid columns to organize EnterpriseOne application inputs
- Identify the necessity of external systems to manage, analyze or store data
No matter where your data is coming from or how complex your orchestrations are, performing pre-orchestration analysis and determining the best plan-of-action for your system and your needs is important. Luckily, the Orchestrator can accept data from any source, making the orchestration development process more simplified for you.
What are the Benefits?
One of the most significant benefits to using JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Orchestrator from a bottom-line perspective is that there is no longer a separate license fee—it’s now part of your foundation license.
Some other benefits include:
- Connection of IoT data to business data
- You can now collect, filter, analyze and act on real-time data as IoT devices are transmitting it. This eliminates costly and error-prone manual processes, by reacting to (or avoiding) business disruptions in real time, and through historical data analysis for ongoing improvement.
- Easy integration to other solutions
- Orchestrator functionality supports various integrations including cloud services, third-party applications, custom programs, and many more. With the ability of Cloud services and third party systems to leverage orchestrations as REST-based services, integrations between JDE and other systems is easier.
- JD Edwards System Transformation
- The automation within the Orchestrator removes some of the tedious tasks from your EnterpriseOne users giving them time to focus on more important projects. Automated business processes, scheduled orchestrations, and simplified administrative activities transform your JDE system architecture into one that focuses on optimization and efficiency.
JDE Orchestrator Use Cases
With the core operating functionality in JDE Orchestrator, you are able to reduce your need for third party applications and tools, making it easier to build integrations or automate business processes. Even better, the automated solution solves data integration and manual processing issues, leading to more optimized business processes.
Its integration capabilities can span internal JDE applications to IoT devices, third party applications, and more, making data analytics more accurate and your business processes more efficient.
There are five common use categories for JDE Orchestrator:
- Internet of Things (IoT): IoT enabled machines and devices take human involvement out of the picture, allowing those EnterpriseOne users to keep their JD Edwards system up-to-date and data and orchestrations accurate.
- Business Process Automation (BPA): The replacement of tedious manual tasks with those automated and controlled by consistent workflows not only eliminates the risk for human error in your data, but it also improves workforce productivity and quality of work.
- App Integration: Unlike many other workforce solutions that tend to target one technology or platform, the JD Edwards Orchestrator can be used to seamlessly integrate your JDE system with many other applications and modules without the use of external third party tools.
- Mobile Application: JD Edwards is empowering business analysts, technical developers, and even employees with no programming knowledge to control their own application experiences. JDE Orchestrator offers simplified front-end tools to build a mobile application, create an easy-to-use interface, and use orchestrations to their advantage for back-end data support.
- Automated Testing: The JDE “Orchestration Assertions” functionality allows users to test applications and various system orchestrations and provides new ways to specify production values and validate orchestration data throughout any step of the orchestration process.
Why Use the Orchestrator?
Well, if the fact that it’s free isn’t enough of a reason, then you should find the simplicity and power in all the automation it brings to your connected enterprise. Users can now get better data from their devices.
We all know that better data means better business insights and actions. JDE E1 Orchestrator is not just a new feature—it will completely change how you use your entire JD Edwards system adding more value to your investment.
Using JDE orchestrations allows your manual business processes to be replaced by automated ones that require less human involvement and make significant enhancements to the way your information is managed, updated, and transferred between your JD Edwards system and any external systems.
How Can We Help?
Need more hands-on help with JDE Orchestrator training? We have an extensive network of JD Edwards consultants that can help you with any type of project. Need help adding orchestration inputs to your JDE system? Our consultants can help with that too.
Even better, we’ve included a sample profile of one of our JDE Orchestrator consultants to give you a better idea of what to expect when partnering with us.
Surety Senior JDE Orchestrator Consultant
- 20+ years of experience with EnterpriseOne Development
- Very comfortable with OMW, NER, and the Development toolset
- Expert-level experience with BSSV Development and BI Publisher
- Able to write C-Code, Java, and RPG
- Extensive JDE Orchestrator experience
- Former JD Edwards employee
You can find more information on the JD Edwards system on our blog—JD Edwards Insights.
Can’t find what you’re looking for or just need some extra help? Contact us to learn more and get started with one of our experts.