Oracle Cloud HCM Core HR revolutionizes Human Capital Management (HCM) in the modern business landscape, offering organizations a comprehensive platform to manage their core HR processes with efficiency and agility.
From employee data management to organizational hierarchy configuration, the Core HR component provides robust functionalities to streamline HR operations and empower HR professionals to drive better business outcomes.
In this article, we discuss the main components of Oracle HCM Cloud and key features of Core HR, exploring how it enables organizations to optimize their HR processes and enhance employee experiences and where our team of expert Oracle consultants can fit in your organization.
Understanding Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM HR
Oracle offers a complete cloud human capital management (HCM) solution to enable companies to facilitate stronger employee and workforce management, delivering new ways to improve productivity, align HR processes and business strategy, and maintain a single source of truth for HR data.
At the core of the Oracle Human Capital Management suite, Oracle Human Resources (HR) leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities to plan, execute, and optimize core HR processes and gain insights into the workforce for data-driven decisions and better business outcomes.
Organizations can also leverage comprehensive workflows and workforce reporting tools to improve performance management, elevate the employee experience, and enhance HR process efficiency across teams, departments, and business units.
Key HCM Components of the Complete Cloud Solution
Core Human Resources
Oracle Core HR provides a robust Cloud HCM foundation that enables organizations to onboard, manage, and engage employees more effectively, leading to more productive workforces, improved talent management, and better workforce reporting and modeling across global teams.
Oracle Connections offers an interactive social directory that connects an existing employee directory and org chart with personal profile pages to facilitate deeper communication among colleagues, share feedback across different employee channels, and foster stronger internal mobility.
With Oracle Journeys, users can access pre-defined employee experiences where specific tasks trigger a specific event or are accessible as an ad hoc event in the Digital Assistant. The Journeys platform enables organizations to define, manage, and track various experiences, including:
- Onboarding, re-boarding, and offboarding
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Critical life events and changes
- Relationship-building and social connection in a role or team change
- Employee experience milestones
Through a global, rules-based benefits management application, Oracle Benefits enables users to design and deliver flexible benefits programs, streamline enrollment with self-service tools, and connect with Core HR for automated life event detection and enrollment processing.
- Benefits Billing: Bill employees, dependents, or retirees directly for benefit plan costs
- Reuse Eligibility: Create benefits criteria and reuse them for future packages and programs
- Benefits Court Orders: Manage and store order details to facilitate informed benefits choices
- Flex Credits: Allocate credits or monetary funds to buying and selling opportunities for specific employee benefits
Oracle Digital Assistant is an AI-powered bot that offers a seamless self-service experience for employees, enabling quick answers to questions and facilitating better communication between critical enterprise channels like Microsoft Teams, Slack, Facebook Messenger, and more.
By supporting more than 35 transactions in a single platform, the Digital Assistant gives employees the answers they need quicker than any other HCM provider to get back to work faster and improve overall organizational productivity.
Oracle’s Work Life solutions, including My Brand, My Wellness, and My Volunteering, provide greater visibility into other skill sets outside of an employee’s current job function and offer more opportunities to connect with mentors and participate in career development activities.
Users can also access tailored health and fitness content and volunteer portals to support critical employee wellness initiatives, reduce healthcare costs, and access volunteer opportunities aligned with both employee and organizational values.
Advanced HCM Controls
Advanced HCM Controls provides a complete set of built-in, AI-driven risk management tools that empower organizations to manage HCM security and compliance requirements effectively, create and monitor a complete audit trail, and access real-time alerts for suspicious transactions.
Strategic Workforce Planning
Oracle Strategic Workforce Planning offers intelligent planning capabilities that allow users to create a tailored talent strategy, consolidate multiple data sources across the organization into a single platform, and analyze critical workforce data in real-time. With Strategic Workforce Planning, users can:
- Avoid unnecessary costs and risks through quicker business decisions
- Leverage integrated planning capabilities in SmartView for Excel to react quickly to workforce changes
- Understand the employee skills you have, which teams or departments require each set of skills, the skills you need to develop, and what the cost of attaining those skills would be
- Create and approve workforce planning initiatives with shared information from all lines of business
Experience Design Studio
Organizations can leverage Oracle Experience Design Studio to tailor employee experiences by relying on pre-built best practice workflows, outlining fields and labels for critical employee data, and eliminating the need for complex code to create rules that control data entry and management.
HR Help Desk
With Oracle Help Desk, HR teams can organize service requests more effectively, limit overall HR caseload through a comprehensive knowledge base and case portal, and analyze trends in concerns, questions, and service requests.
Workforce Modeling and Predictions
Oracle Workforce Modeling provides flexible modeling tools that enable users to:
- Gain insights into the predicted impact of workforce changes on organizational performance
- Control headcount/FTE for all positions through a complete view of critical position management initiatives
- Access built-in approval frameworks to create workforce plans without submitting separate workflows for each part of the plan
- Focus on proactive retention objectives by organizing employees based on their predicted risk of leaving
Navigating Oracle’s Core HR Platform
Without the right HCM technology or resources to support growing workforces, HR teams struggle to balance workforce productivity and operational excellence, making it a little harder to manage employees and deliver new career opportunities over time.
Oracle Core HR simplifies this by enabling organizations to manage industry, local, and global HR processes with complex rules and maintain unique workflows for different worker types across teams.
What is Oracle Core HR?
Oracle Core HR focuses on providing organizations with a comprehensive and personalized way to onboard, manage, and engage employees through a single, cloud-based platform.
From tracking data in workforce dashboards and automating manual HR tasks to maintaining a centralized repository for employment history and other data and outlining access rights and roles for workers, Oracle’s HR platform provides everything HR teams need in one, east-to-access place.
Oracle ensures that every part of the HCM experience works on any device so employees can access data, complete tasks, and manage progress regardless of where they are. Through automatic notifications and AI suggestions, users can gain real-time insights into new workforce data and complete activities based on the proposed best course of action.
What’s the Draw?
With intelligent Oracle Core HR capabilities, organizations can:
- Gain immediate insight into workforce trends and processes and deploy standard HR processes right out of the box
- Manage localized employee data, legislative requirements, and core business processes across multiple company locations, territories, and countries
- Search quickly to find critical information or access the Oracle Digital Assistant for immediate help
- Track employee history, data, and tasks through a single-person record that supports various types of work relationships
- Enable employees and managers to access self-service tools on any device in any location
- Provide a complete view of the organization through intelligent position management and control capabilities
- Simplify management processes for unique industry, contract, and collective labor requirements
- Leverage collective agreements and seniority processing rules to maintain and manage complex labor rules across teams and business units
Getting Started with Our Team
Whether you need help implementing Oracle Cloud HCM applications for the first time, additional support managing complex employee compensation administration tasks, or just an extra hand facilitating a more streamlined onboarding process for new hires, Surety Systems can help.
Our senior-level team of Oracle consultants has the technical skills and functional knowledge to assist with any part of your implementation or integration process, ensuring your most critical project needs are met, no matter what.