The modern workplace has undergone some fairly dramatic changes since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. More than ever before, organizations need to prioritize visibility when managing a globally distributed workforce in order to maintain productivity and stay ahead of changing business environments. One tool helping customers solve these workforce challenges is Infor Workforce Management (WFM).
In this article, we’ll provide you with an overview of Infor WFM and explain what it is, how it works, and how it can benefit your business. Let’s get started answering these questions, beginning with the big one: what is Infor Workforce Management?
What is Infor Workforce Management?
Infor WFM is a solution designed to optimize labor management and productivity to improve employee efficiency, boost productivity, and reduce operating costs. How can it do all that? By using your company’s data to drive labor demand planning and employee performance analytics.
The platform includes time and attendance, demand-driven scheduling, workforce scheduling, and absence management tools, and we’ll dive deeper into these areas a little later in the post. But first, here are just a few examples of how you could use Infor WFM:
- With the workforce planning element of the platform, you can create a bottom-up labor budget based on business demands, and then align your labor budget with the finance team’s top-down budget.
- Need to keep budgets and forecasting in compliance? No problem! Dashboards and alerts to the rescue.
- The self-service interface and messaging tools make it easy for teams to trade shifts, complete timesheets, request time off, or update work performance, making for improved employee and manager collaboration.
What Are the Features of Infor Workforce Management?
Now that we know what Infor WFM is, let’s cover some of the features that make the Infor WFM platform so useful: Time and Attendance, Staff Scheduling, and Workforce Planning and Forecasting.
Time and Attendance
Time and Attendance allows you to track employee time, ensuring payroll is always accurate. Other features of this module include:
- Automatically track attendance policy to stay compliant
- Use staff time-collection data to determine what pay categories apply, such as pay code, time code, and pay rules
- Easily automate and manage staff time-off requests and sick balances
- Track your staff’s time and shift location
Vertically specialized shift scheduling tools are catered just for your business, allowing you to:
- Tackle the most complex scheduling needs with industry-specific, data-driven scheduling tools
- Seamlessly manage scheduling operations across teams and staff-floating capabilities
- Maintain compliance with fair scheduling laws
- Give power to your employees to manage their own schedules
- Ensure schedules are always covered while simultaneously maximizing productivity
Workforce Planning and Forecasting
Leverage industry-specific software to improve your ability to plan, budget, and forecast workforce demand. With Workforce Planning and Forecasting, you can:
- Automatically create long-term budgets and forecasts
- Gain insights and recommendations from business leaders
- Plan for any scenario from best- to worst-case
- Keep track of required labor hours
- Use machine learning technology to analyze historical data, promotional data, actuals, and much more
- Create accurate workload forecasts with real-time trending
What Are the Business Benefits of Infor Workforce Management?
Thanks to mobile access and seamless upgrades, Infor WFM helps simplify the shift planning process, gives users a better experience, and decreases running costs, all at the same time. Plus, your employees get the ability to access their workforce data anywhere, anytime.
It supports multifaceted integration and seamless data exchanges for those that need to connect the platform with other tools.
Designed with Your Company in Mind
With vertically-specialized modules and requirements baked right into the product, you’ll feel like Infor WFM has been designed specifically for your company’s unique needs.
No More Compliance Issues
Concerned about compliance issues? Have no fear—Infor WFM has you covered with built-in legislative compliance for international, federal, state, and local labor laws.
Finding an Infor Workforce Management Implementation Expert
There’s plenty to love about Infor Workforce Management (WFM), from its many useful tools to the way it can improve employee efficiency and morale. And if you think Infor WFM could be the right platform for your organization, we’re here to help.
The Surety Systems senior-level Infor consulting team is ready to partner with you if you’d like to implement Infor WFM, upgrade your existing setup, improve your integrations, and more. By helping clients of all sizes across a variety of industries to maximize their Infor investment, our consultants have the experience and know-how to tackle even the toughest of Infor projects.
Contact us today to learn more about our services.