Everything You Need to Know About JD Edwards Work Orders
Work orders are vital to a thriving manufacturing operation. In addition to being used for parts manufacturing, JD Edwards Work Orders also allow users to track and process everything from customer service calls to equipment repairs to project management. Read on to learn more about how they can make your life simpler, as well as how to get more use out of the solution.
Advantages of JD Edwards Work Orders
JD Edwards Work Orders offer a number of built-in benefits which make creating and processing work orders easier and more streamlined, perfect for any manufacturing organization. With Work Orders, not only can you create your work orders online and automatically route them for approval, but you can also track them by status.
Speaking of project management features, JD Edwards Work Orders comes with plenty of them built right into the system, allowing users to track budget and estimate controls as well get access to helpful reporting. The tool allows you to manage all aspects of a service task/project, including:
- Committing inventory to a work order
- Completing and closing a work order
- Creating work orders for preventive and corrective maintenance
- Recording unlimited detailed information about a work order
- Scheduling multiple tasks (mechanical, electrical, etc.) in a work order
- Tracking work order costs (labor, materials, etc.)
Making JD Edwards Work Orders even easier to use, users can also access the application on mobile devices. (NOTE: The following features requires system administrator configuration before they are available to individual users.) While all mobile users can manage work and service orders, tablet users also have the ability to create equipment work orders. So no matter where your users are—on the road, on the floor, or anywhere in between—JD Edwards Work Orders is never too far away.
Pairing Work Orders with Other JD Edwards Solutions
On its own, JD Edwards Work Orders is an incredibly useful tool in any manufacturing organization’s ERP toolbox. But why limit yourself? Work Orders complements a number of other applications in the JD Edwards stable of products, including:
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Address Book
- Every JD Edwards EnterpriseOne system pairs with Address Book to ensure you can retrieve updated employee, supplier, and other needed name and address information.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne General Accounting
- Work order information should always be processed through the general ledger.
- Integrate Work Orders with General Accounting to make it easier to keep track of statistical values like miles, gallons, hours, etc. in the general ledger.
- When charging jobs for equipment usage, the system will search the Account Master for the correct rate and amount to bill.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Payroll and Human Capital Management
- Can enter equipment time for billing purposes.
- Charge for labor associated with operating or repairing equipment.
- Charge to a work order or a work order/labor routing step (depending on the level of detail required by using a specific labor routing step).
- Conduct detailed time reviews of work orders by project, person, and detailed task.
- Easily enter charges for work orders.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Inventory Management
- Allocate parts and supplies to work orders.
- Attach parts lists to work orders.
- Track and take inventory of repair parts.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement
- Create purchase orders directly from work order parts list (as well as from other maintenance planning functions).
- Purchase orders include the equipment number, which the system automatically enters in related forms and tables (which saves a lot of time and manual labor).
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Accounts Payable
- Work order charges can be entered through the Accounts Payable system.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Capital Asset Management
- Maintain and service equipment to reduce downtime and repair costs.
- Track revenue, cost, and use of assets.
- Use workflow alerts to plan and resolve issues (before they become emergencies).
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Job Cost
- Work Orders works best for short-term projects with minimal transactions. (For long-term projects where budget comparisons and final cost projections are important, use Job Cost).
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Service Billing
- Generate and print invoices for contracts, work orders, and cases.
JD Edwards Work Orders make it easy to combine all aspects of creating and processing work orders with the rest of your business operations. Speaking of the rest of your business operations, we have plenty of content to help you make the most of JD Edwards. Once you’ve gotten Work Orders all straightened out, you’ll want to optimize the rest of your supply chain. Whether you need to forecast more efficiently or gain real-time warehousing visibility, Surety Systems has been there, done that.