Overview

For many companies, keeping legacy systems up and running is about making system updates on a regular basis. If not, an organization’s systems and technology platform can quickly become antiquated and useless. That’s what happened to this plastics manufacturer. Faced with a mountain of system upgrades, updates, and fixes, the company tapped into Surety Systems’ vast experience with JD Edwards HR and Payroll applications for World.

get started

Challenge

Years of quick fixes and technology “band-aids” were used to keep this plastics manufacturer’s JD Edwards World platform running, making the system inefficient and subject to frequent breakdowns.

Solution

Surety’s JD Edwards HR and Payroll consultant identified more than 35 technology issues that needed to be addressed to simply get the business-critical system back to a meaningful and useful status, as deemed by the manufacturer.

Result

Leveraging an extensive background in JD Edwards HR and Payroll, Surety’s consultant was able to identify and resolve major and minor issues so the company could properly use and benefit from their business systems.

“The system problems, in some cases, were extensive.”

The Challenge

The plastics manufacturer built its main enterprise business systems platform on the secure and resilient IBM AS/400 technology nearly 15 years ago. However, years of quick fixes and technology “band-aids” were used to keep it running, making the system inefficient and subject to breakdowns. They needed significant help in bringing their enterprise-wide JD Edwards World platform up-to-speed to handle the human resources and payroll needs of a growing and dynamic organization.

 

The Solution

Surety Systems’ JD Edwards World consultant came in and assessed the current state of the platform. He identified more than 35 technology issues that needed to be addressed to simply get the business-critical system back to a meaningful and useful status, as deemed by the manufacturer.

“The system problems in some cases were extensive,” said the Surety consultant. “We prioritized three issues and set out to resolve them as quickly as possible. We also established better processes to ensure the platform remained current and working for the foreseeable future.”

The Result

The consultant, leveraging an extensive hands-on background in JD Edwards HR and payroll solutions, was able to quickly identify major and minor issues that needed to be taken care of so the company could properly use, and benefit from, their business systems. Within one week, he had resolved 75% of the issues plaguing the Intertape Polymer platform—including problems with Historical Payroll Register processing and World Writer report creation, as well as national and international salary/tax reconciliation. The remaining 25% of system issues would be addressed by regular upgrades and expanded system capacity, which was to be implemented over the next several months.

Want to replicate these results? Let's chat

More Success Stories

View All

Empowering Manufacturer to Tackle In-House EnterpriseOne Upgrade

When the business applications manager at a mid-size manufacturer found out one of his core employees would be unavailable to help a week before he was scheduled to start their in-house EnterpriseOne upgrade, he knew he was in trouble.

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Forecasting vs Oracle Demantra

A global manufacturer was migrating from a heavily customized version of JD Edwars World to EnterpriseOne, and wanted to standardize as many of their processes as possible during the migration. They brought it Surety to help them evaluate their options.

Real-Time Warehousing Visibility with JD Edwards Business Services

A logistics company needed help getting their JD Edwards system to communicate with their third-party warehousing tool. Surety’s consultant had the technical know-how to facilitate communication between systems and customize the Business Services module so their business objectives could be met.

Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only
Filter by Custom Post Type