Lawson 9.01 Application Upgrade Case Study
Project: Lawson 8.0.3 to 9.0.1 Application Upgrade
This manufacturing client was upgrading from 8.0.3 and 9.0.1 and needed to update custom programs written in MF Cobol for the 9.0.1 application upgrade.
Become familiar with the client’s change management system to ensure SOX and J-SOX policies are followed. Provide analysis and implement modified source code where required for assigned Lawson Custom Modules for Lawson System Codes GL, IF & TX. Coordinate testing with super users for the custom Lawson Modules once integrated to the new Lawson 9.0 environment.
Business/Technical Solution Details:
• Modified Lawson custom modules with changes required due to Lawson database changes in Lawson release 9.0.1.
• Updated custom modules that contained GLADDRESS table that needed to navigate to new ADDRDATA table contained in Lawson IF system code.
• Modified GL & IF user exits; recompiled exit and recompiled main Lawson program.
• Tested and verified with GL super users to make sure custom exits were still functioning in Lawson 9.0.1 environment.
• Modified GL custom API modules.
• Modified IF custom API modules.
• Modified SQL scripts submitted with Tivoli Maestro software.
• Advise super users during full production parallel testing.