5 Reasons it’s critical to implement Lawson Security prior to upgrading Lawson to v10
Lawson upgrades have a lot of moving parts — which is why it’s so easy to forget something, or to find yourself stuck mid-upgrade, held up by one of many common Lawson upgrade sticking points,
And Lawson security is one place you can’t afford to let anything fall through the cracks.
When implemented incorrectly, it can cause a multitude of problems for the greater Lawson system — for example, we often see clients with duplicate login issues or clients who upgrade some of their employees to Lawson security, but not all of them — and then wind up in a crunch come upgrade time.
Here are 5 reasons it’s critical to implement Lawson Security before upgrading to Lawson v10.
- The CHECKLS flag can be triggered (flipped from NO to YES) in 9.01, but is ignored in 10. That means in 9.01 the client can utilize the flag in testing to validate security, making it an absolute best practice to implement role-based security in 9.01 prior to upgrading to 10.
- The use of two user IDs in LAUA is typically to allow management of the EMSS and core user relationship. This relationship can be redeveloped into one ID in role-based security, using the relationship to the employee identity.
- If your developers use Infor delivered global variables to secure the company/process level relationship, it will interfere with EMSS and RQC security. The code must be written with local variables.
- In the event that GHR or LTM is in the roadmap for your company’s future, having role-based security in place gives you time to learn Landmark security. Landmark security is an Infor delivered product that should not be modified, and must be understood before undertaking a GHR or LTM implementation.
- Federation and security sync should be understood when upgrading to 10, in order to ensure the systems interface correctly.
As you can tell, implementing role-based security prior to upgrading to version 10 is much more than a best practice — it’s critical for both success and your own sanity.
Need help planning your upgrade? Connect with our Lawson team to have a Surety Consultant help you implement version 10 successfully.