Project: Gap Analysis of JD Edwards system allowing move of manufacturing from the US to Mexico
Our manufacturing client moved their manufacturing facility from the United States to Mexico. The move of the manufacturing facility required the US corporation to create a legal entity in Mexico for manufacturing and selling in the JD Edwards system.
The US corporation requested that Surety Systems assist in two areas: educate them with the Mexico government regulations and to configure the JD Edwards system so they could run their business in Mexico.
Determine the requirements in the JDE system to meet the expectation of the executive team. Create a detail project plan with every task item required to ensure a successful implementation. Form a US and Mexico Implementation team with 12 members and hold weekly project status update meetings. Keep executive team members updated with the project plan weekly. Conduct strong knowledge transfer among the US corporate implementation team and the Mexican corporate team.
Business/Technical Solution Details:
- Analyzed all the modules and programs that are in used in the JD Edwards system.
- Designed a detailed project plan with task items, time duration, resources and percentage on completion.
- Conducted weekly status meetings with the US and MX implementation team members to insure we were meeting the required task and expectations.
- Made multiple visits to the Mexican corporation to conduct knowledge transfer and review the current and future setup of the JDE system.
- Conducted Workshops to insure we were meeting all the requirements in the US and MX per each process we designed.
- Conducted Conference Room Pilots on the new organizational structure setup to meet daily process requirements.
- Defined the business processes in the JDE system for daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Created business and system process flows.
- Conducted training sessions with the US and MX Implementation team in the JDE system.
- Designed the layout for Mexico proformas, invoices, returns and destroy letters to process out of the JDE system.
- Wrote technical specifications for IVA and IETU reports for the Mexico plant to process their monthly tax reporting to the government.
- Wrote the technical specification for the detail and summary AR open aging reports so the US corporation could report monthly to the bank monthly for the line of the credit in USD and MXN currency.
- Created training templates for programs in JDE system.
- Created Designed Books per each module in JDE system, Address Book, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Accounting.
- Configured the JDE system to run monthly consolidations using Companies and Ledgers.
- Deactivated a current Company and moved the balances to the new Company in JDE system.
- Educated the US corporation implementation team with all the requirements of the Mexico Government Regulations in the system and standard business processes.
- Cleanup the current integrity reports in the JDE system.
- Assisted Accounts Payable in the US on their check writing versions.
- Configured the Mexico government Chart of Accounts in JDE system and the synced it up to the US Chart of Accounts.
- Configured the translation tables in the Inventory Master from English to Spanish.
- Assisted in the setup of the email system in JDE system to send out notifications from the Address Book, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.